Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

HERE IS A TIER-2 SELECTOR.

Awesome!

IT CAN'T BE USED WITH ANYBODY YOU WOULD WANT TO USE IT FOR. ALL PAINS IN THE rear end WILL REMAIN PAINS IN THE rear end.

Well, okay, then.

Maybe it's just so everyone who's ignored Hawkeye forever can level him up in a jiffy once the new uniform comes.

Also, "Ultimate Characters" are on the list. Is that Blue Marvel/Anti-Man etc.? Or is that Miles Morales and somebody else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blue Marvel, Anti-Man, and Nova are the "Ultimates" you can only get through the lab or pay.

Yeah, the T2 selector kind of sucks unless you were sleeping on a new character or it lasts until the next update. But I doubt it will. I don't have a single eligible character who isn't at least at 4/20.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

They should make it last until the next update and then not release any new characters in it. :evilbuddy:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
How do I see the list of what is an option?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You can't really, expect when you go to use it and see your options. They just list who you can't use it on.

http://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/2517/1508967

quote:

* There are characters that are not obtainable by using a Selector: Tier-2 or Selector: 6★. The characters are listed below:
* Get 20 Biometrics Daily Exclusive Characters
* Get 20 X-Genes Daily Exclusive Characters
* Native Tier-2 Characters
* Selector: X-Gene Exclusive Characters
* Epic Quest Characters (Magneto, Psylocke, Invisible Woman)
* Heroic Quest Exclusive Characters (Arachknight, White Fox)
* Special Mission Exclusive Characters (Gwen Pool, Vulture, Inferno)
* Secret Wars: A-Force Characters (Singularity, Sister Grimm, She-Hulk)
* Ultimate Characters
* Emma Frost, Sabretooth

So you can use it on Story Mission people, Special Mission people, and those random characters who show up only available through random bio selectors. Most recently that was Morgan Le Fey, Korak, and Dr. Minerva.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Debating whether to blow 2500 on Sabretooth with Endgame coming up. Might as well do it now while I've got a few weeks to build back up, I guess, and apparently he's pretty good.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I've still got Yondu, Crossbones and the Warriors Three at 4*. I think I'll use mine on Nebula though since presumably she can then be jumped to 70 and maybe she'll get a T3 (lol) if it follows Infinity Gauntlet at all. I'm slacking on the Guardians so I guess they are options as well. Everyone but Groot is still T1.

Steve Vader posted:

Debating whether to blow 2500 on Sabretooth with Endgame coming up. Might as well do it now while I've got a few weeks to build back up, I guess, and apparently he's pretty good.

Keep in mind he'll need another 1250 crystals per 160 xgenes to max his gear. One of the follow up packages got me to 20/18/15/15. He's solid at T1 but apparently really great at T2/70.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Bold move for the hardest characters to get to also be the worst

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Bold move for the hardest characters to get to also be the worst

the warriors three are really easy to get tho?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

t3s often go to underperforming characters so i think nebulas one of the likely choices. shes on the movie poster, so why not. nebula, rocket, hawkeye or maybe black widow

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel confident that Nebula is not the T3 option for Endgame.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I’m gambling on hawkeye because ronin

Anyway the uniform sale is gonna end and it’s making me itchy. help

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Not sure if I should use this x gene selector in Night Crawler or X23.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

The Dave posted:

Not sure if I should use this x gene selector in Night Crawler or X23.

I love Kurt but he’s bad, so Laura is probably a better pick unless you’re close to 6* or t2 or have his uniform to level.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nightcrawler's fine. He's like unkillable and can just button mask a Rumble in Shadowland into the low 20s. With his costume and some damage ISOs/Urus I imagine he could be pretty solid.

I don't find X-23 that impressive either. But they kind of both end up on my middle tier of speed characters where I just want to make sure to use them in Shadowland before they stop being effective.

hup posted:

I’m gambling on hawkeye because ronin

As I've said, if Endgame sticks to the "one T3, the rest Level 70" formula I think its Thanos for T3 and Hawkeye, Nebula, Hulk, Vision?, Gamora?, Drax?, Falcon?, Shuri?, Wong?, and anyone I forgot who is in MCU or might be new (I'm kind of expecting Pepper Potts/Rescue or someone like that).

If they want to make it special then I could see Thanos, Black Widow, and Hawkeye/Ronin all getting the T3 bump. I'd be surprised with the rest. Maybe Hulk? But everyone else seems too secondary. Barring an unexpected/new character.

Hawkeye's a cheap upgrade anyway so I'd definitely T2 him in anticipation of him at the very least getting the Level 70/costume bump the Infinity War costumes gave out.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 7, 2019

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Infinity War's material was split into multiple patches, so it's not unthinkable that we get two T3s out of Endgame.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I don’t think anyone who died in Infinity War will get a new costume for fear of spoilers

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I imagine we'll get 'trailer revealed update' first, and then a month or so after release we'll get "spoiler filled" second update.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That would make sense. The fifth anniversary update will also be around the same time so they might do a big Endgame update and then a big Anniversary one or something.

I have no idea who is gonna die or live but at some point that poo poo's just out of the bag and if you want to not be spoiled you get your rear end to a movie theater and you most certainly don't play a video game linked to the movie. And I say that as someone who respects spoilers and who usually doesn't see these films in the theater but is debating catching Captain Marvel some afternoon soon so I can see Endgame because I know if I go more than like 2 weeks tops after Endgame's release there's no loving chance I don't get spoiled.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah, but to spoil it in a tie-in video game? Yeah, everyone’s coming back (hell im hoarding mysterio shards for the inevitable far from home uniform), but I doubt they’ll be so brazen when they’re not even showing footage outside the first act for trailers

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh. I mean, we're gonna get a Ronin costume and that's basically a spoiler. And if there's any new characters we'll probably get them even though that would be a spoiler. It would be weird if the game told us last act stuff but like I'm not sure updating the dead people and assuming they'll show back up somehow is really that much of a spoiler. I mean, I have no idea what's happening in the film I just always assumed Marvel didn't kill half its cast with a finger snap especially since most of them have movies and tv shows coming out soon.

Then again they all do have movies and tv shows coming down the line so even people like Vision, Falcon, Shuri, and Wong will get chances to get be upgraded eventually. I guess its just a question of how big they want the update to be, but for all we know they've got a dozen new characters and a massive new game mode or something.

Thanos T3, Hawkeye/Ronin, Hulk, Nebula. Those are the only things I'm really confident about.

edit: My wildcard, totally out of my rear end prediction is that when they bring Wanda and everyone else back they'll bring Quicksilver back and make them mutants now that they own that poo poo. So then the two of them will get T3 bumps and WBU mode. But I'm completely just making that poo poo up.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 7, 2019

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

hup posted:

Yeah, but to spoil it in a tie-in video game? Yeah, everyone’s coming back (hell im hoarding mysterio shards for the inevitable far from home uniform), but I doubt they’ll be so brazen when they’re not even showing footage outside the first act for trailers

My dude they spoiled a bunch of stuff in IW2 due to their Lego set releases

We aren't dealing with masterminds here

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

yeah but it’ll be a bit before they start pitching POST-RESURRECTION SPIDER-MAN NOW WITH EXISTENTIAL CRISIS ACTION™

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

STAC Goat posted:

edit: My wildcard, totally out of my rear end prediction is that when they bring Wanda and everyone else back they'll bring Quicksilver back and make them mutants now that they own that poo poo. So then the two of them will get T3 bumps and WBU mode. But I'm completely just making that poo poo up.

The last Dimension Rift event was QS and SW. So people think that means they are working on that boss fight and possibly giving it a WBU mode.
I'd love it if Supergiant is in this movie so she can get a costume.

Based on those "Avenge the Fallen" posters we might (slim chance) get a Valkyrie costume.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

movies always get spoiled by the tie ins, its as old as the hills. you need to make the toys and advertise them to retailers months before the movie comes out

STAC Goat posted:

Eh. I mean, we're gonna get a Ronin costume and that's basically a spoiler.

hes in the trailer

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man. So do I blow the 6* Selector on Hawkeye and bank on the Ronin look being good?

I have Nebula at 5*, but my Hawkeye's only at 3, so I'd get the most buck-bang there.

I've got Spider-Gwen, Jane Foster, Yondu at 5
Warpath, Heimdall, Black Cat, Whiplash, Gamora at 4
Shang-Chi, Yellowjacket, Miles, Angela, Cho, Silk, Kamala at 3
Singularity and Nico at 2.

HMMM.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Hawkeye is a main story char so he needs less and you can get 30 a day from missions. That said if you jump him to 6* you can start taking him to T2. The other chars you are missing don't seem too exciting either. Spider-Gwen is the current best character in that list from my experience, with Heimdall being a solid second who is survivable but doesn't do much damage. Judging from using them in SL. Singularity is worth the most with the rarest bios and the most required to hit 6* for you but she probably isn't an option from the selector?

The regular crystal sink event is out where they want you to blow all your crystals before they add new content for Endgame. Since they also added a huge gold sink (3 mil per day just for the gold chests?) I wonder if the Endgame event will use gold as well...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Warpath is good. I'm not sure how good since I'm still working him up but he's cleared every challenge I've put in front of him easily.

Miles is really, really good with his Spiderverse costume. Maybe a top or second tier character.

Kamala's pretty good with her costume too.

But yeah, I wouldn't use the selecter on Hawkeye since he's cheaper than the rest. Just farm his missions ever day and you'll have him at T2 by Endgame.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Why the gently caress does Battleworld still not have a repeat function? It's hard enough to care about it in the first place, I actually get annoyed when it pops up because it's such a pain to run through.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l
Ugh, I used my 6* selector on Hulkling when I should’ve used the T2 selector on him to expedite the New Avengers quest pack. Sigh.

And STAC, I know you’ve speculated on this like several posts above, but Hulk can already realize his potential. He got level 70 with Infinity War. I presume we’re gonna get Sword Thanos with T3 for him with the Endgame update.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I always just kind of forget about Hulk getting the 70 bump because he didn't get an Infinity War costume. I do expect him to get an Endgame costume with Hawkeye and probably the rest of the living "Avengers". And to that end if they want to hit us with a bunch of T3s I would assume he'd be with Black Widow and Hawkeye as likely options before folks like Nebula, Rocket, and War Machine.

I have literally no one I can use the 6* selector on so its just a matter of who I want 256 bios of. And I have everyone at either T2 or 4/20/150 bios. So... I guess I'll see who needs a costume upgrade? Ah well.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 10, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, hey, there's actually a good prize in Battleworld to make it worth the hassle!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Blowing all my gold on bad prize boxes in hopes of a good prize

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I went with Miles, just to skip having to spend so much time leveling him up. It'll be a bit before I blow crystals on his costume, after Sabretooth.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Oh, hey, there's actually a good prize in Battleworld to make it worth the hassle!

for the top 100 participants so it may as well not exist

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

punchymcpunch posted:

for the top 100 participants so it may as well not exist

True, but at least uniform tickets are a little harder to come by than the usual prizes.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Blowing all my gold on bad prize boxes in hopes of a good prize

Same

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

I went with Miles, just to skip having to spend so much time leveling him up. It'll be a bit before I blow crystals on his costume, after Sabretooth.

All the Reddits say that his costume makes him top tier so uh

Waiting on that discount

I have two 6* selectors and two Tier-2 selectors and zero cool people to use them on

When ill Emma Frost go on sale again, I need at least two

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah I’m close to a tier 2 selector and I guess I’m gonna gamble on Endgame characters, though I guess hawkeye is an easy farm and Hulk isn’t? I dunno. I’m lost half the time and my alliance is useless

I’ve got so many goddamn ghost rider biometrics that he’s gonna end up t2 whether I like it or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

go into a character's profile and click their avatar on the bottom right with the plus sign (I think, going off of memory). That will display where you can get bios for that character. If you can get them from 3+ story missions a day, probably not worth using a selector on.