Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
my post was made before the GoW thing was edited in just sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

exquisite tea posted:

Didn’t he direct GoW3, aka the problematic one.

GoW3 is probably the best one next to 2018's, if anything I'm stoked that Asmussen is leading this game and it gives me higher hopes for it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BisterdDave posted:

GoW3 is probably the best one next to 2018's, if anything I'm stoked that Asmussen is leading this game and it gives me higher hopes for it.

:yeah: there are certainly things about GoW3 that didn’t age perfectly but it was an amazing game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Kurtofan posted:

my ps4 sounds like a plane at take off when I play games, I figure it's dust, any tips to solve the problem? I've had it for a while now.

i've heard this alot but mine is quiet as hell unless its reading the disc (then again its a recent slim model), are you sure its not just the disc?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JBP posted:

What was problematic outside of it being so violent I just wanted the K man to stop :(

He mangles a woman in some gears to hold a door open and you gotta drag her over there and shes not happy. Its too much. Otherwise its just sex minigames and whatever other standard edgelord stuff

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Kilometers Davis posted:

:yeah: there are certainly things about GoW3 that didn’t age perfectly but it was an amazing game.

When it was first released I thought it was a drat near perfect GoW game. It had everything I could have expected from the series and much more. The action, the set pieces, the cinematography were all top notch and did nothing but amaze me the entire time.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
God of War 3 is the stupidest game in the series and possibly one of the stupidest ever made, but who knows/cares how they will translate to Star Wars

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also after 2 1/2 games of Kratos being a complete poo poo stain it decided that him not killing a helpless young girl (despite murdering one not too long ago) made him worthy of redemption.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Once again, I am attacked in my own home by Sony mailing me even more Days Gone promos. This time it's a story trailer (It's about a guy who lost his hope in a ruined world and doesn't want to get attached anymore, surprise) and details over the setting, gameplay and the different editions.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but Days Gone always made me uncomfortable for the not-so-subtle subtext of a dude who looks like a member of the Aryan Brotherhood firing heroically into a swarming mass of unwashed undesirables.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I pre-ordered EDF Iron Rain because from gameplay videos and stuff I can't see any of the bullshit that made the last spin off game so bad. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Crowetron posted:

Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but Days Gone always made me uncomfortable for the not-so-subtle subtext of a dude who looks like a member of the Aryan Brotherhood firing heroically into a swarming mass of unwashed undesirables.

You are.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

That's fair.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Kilometers Davis posted:

They’re showing it on Saturday I think.

Oh dang that’s a good sign.

He's the goober that directed the bad GoW game, Barlog and Jaffe did the good ones.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1115948393015185408
finally I can become CLINTPUNCHER6969

e: The list of games finally works http://www.playstation.com/onlineid/games

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 10, 2019

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

He mangles a woman in some gears to hold a door open and you gotta drag her over there and shes not happy. Its too much. Otherwise its just sex minigames and whatever other standard edgelord stuff

There's also a PSN Trophy associated with returning to the gears to have a look after she's torn apart. Stay classy, Kratos.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

univbee posted:

There's also a PSN Trophy associated with returning to the gears to have a look after she's torn apart. Stay classy, Kratos.

I’ve heard of grindy achievements but this is ridiculous!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1115948393015185408
finally I can become CLINTPUNCHER6969

The list of tested confirmed working games on http://www.playstation.com/onlineid/games doesn't seem to work?

Holy poo poo.

Not for Japanese accounts yet though it seems.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

univbee posted:

The trophies name was 'I didn't do it... But I wish I did!' (???????) and it got removed from the PS4 remaster lol

You got it just for killing her though.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy poo poo.

Japanese accounts is apparently starting April 11th Japan time, so probably just a few hours away.

European accounts I think are also starting April 11th their local time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy poo poo.

Also not for players of certain games which will lose progress

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I pre-ordered EDF Iron Rain because from gameplay videos and stuff I can't see any of the bullshit that made the last spin off game so bad. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

Tell us about the game once you have levelup up a bit and done a few missions.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Here's the full list of games which were tested and can really gently caress your poo poo up.

Disc Jam™ (Critical Issues**)
Drawn to Death (Critical Issues**)
Everybody's Golf (Critical Issues**)
Just Dance 2017 (Critical Issues**)
LittleBigPlanet™ 3 (Critical Issues**)
MLB 14 The Show (Critical Issues**)
MLB The Show 16 (Critical Issues**)
MLB® The Show™ 15 (Critical Issues**)
ONRUSH (Critical Issues**)
The Golf Club 2™ (Critical Issues**)
Worms™ Battlegrounds (Critical Issues**)

Everything else either Just Works(TM) or might have some minor issues like needing to sign out and sign back in the first time, or relinking some separate account relating to the game, but your progress won't die.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Whoever designed PSN back in the day as a system where you could not change your one and only ID, gg.

I expect War Thunder to detonate the console when trying to log back on after a namechange. Real tiny list of tested games too unless people just mostly didn't care to report what worked perfectly.

e: seriously need PS3 players to test this out and report if anything megabreaks, either it just uses the original name there and nothing breaks, or it breaks hard in all ways

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 10, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BisterdDave posted:

When it was first released I thought it was a drat near perfect GoW game. It had everything I could have expected from the series and much more. The action, the set pieces, the cinematography were all top notch and did nothing but amaze me the entire time.

Yeah same. It felt like a best of experience and I loved the set pieces so much. So many crazy cool moments throughout the game.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

He's the goober that directed the bad GoW game, Barlog and Jaffe did the good ones.

It is the best one! They’re all great though. Even better in the shadow of GoW 2018 somehow.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
GoW3 certainly stands out in my brain as having big moments because it was so violent. Poor Hermes God drat...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

univbee posted:

Here's the full list of games which were tested and can really gently caress your poo poo up.

Everybody's Golf (Critical Issues**)
LittleBigPlanet™ 3 (Critical Issues**)
ONRUSH (Critical Issues**)

:ohdear:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

GoW3 is one of those evergreen games I could replay forever. Definitely in the top 3 PS3 games for me, and in my top 10 ever. Took everything that made GoW2 great and turned them all up a couple notches. Perhaps the one thing I think is a disappointment is that all four weapons were basically the same thing.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

univbee posted:

It is the only PlayStation console which can't play Parasite Eve.

God damnit. gently caress FF7 I want square to remake this weirdass game but make South Brooklyn an area so I can fight mutated laser squirrels on my block.

Or a switch version!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Jay Carney posted:

God damnit. gently caress FF7 I want square to remake this weirdass game but make South Brooklyn an area so I can fight mutated laser squirrels on my block.

Or a switch version!

They should make an Attack the Block game that plays like Parasite Eve and just have the different scenarios be in different cities around the world.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It was hard enough to think of a name I liked in the first place, I dont know if I can handle the mental anguish of choosing another one.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That's the cheap rear end rubber just melting away. Yeah the DS3 feels awful nowadays. It's so light and cheap feeling.

The fact it's so light is what's great about it: Modern controllers are way too heavy. The worst is the Xbox Pro Controller that is just excessively heavy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

It was hard enough to think of a name I liked in the first place, I dont know if I can handle the mental anguish of choosing another one.

I agree, which is why I'll never switch from Da_BLAZE_Mastah_420

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I really would like to change my name, but I’m also buying Trails of Cold Steel 2 for PS4 when that comes out and want to resume my progress from the PS3 version and finish getting the rest of the trophies and it seems like if I switch it’d reset my progress so I’m gonna wait for now and then switch once I have that done.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

My psn name is boring and unmemorable, time to change it to something profoundly stupid!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Don't forget that after you switch your name, you can always revert it back if you want.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

Neo Rasa posted:

They should make an Attack the Block game that plays like Parasite Eve and just have the different scenarios be in different cities around the world.

Would play.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I forgot I had GoW3, I should really play it

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
cant wait to change my psn name and completely erase my past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sakurazuka posted:

The trophies name was 'I didn't do it... But I wish I did!' (???????) and it got removed from the PS4 remaster lol

You got it just for killing her though.

They had to change one again with God of War: Ascension where after some cutscene where you beat the poo poo out of a woman the trophy was originally called "Bros Before Hos."

Ascension felt like such a nothing game in general though. People are discussing which is best/worst among 1/2/3 but since no one seems to even remember Ascension exists I think it's fair to say it's the worst one. :)