Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Asgard kind of feels like it would be pretty gay and they can retcon the rainbow bridge into being a banner of support for decades.

No way Odin's cranky old rear end would support that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Teenage Fansub posted:

There's also a new Loki series spinning out of Realms (with his 'death' in last week's issue) from Daniel Kibblesmith.
https://www.cbr.com/loki-new-series-mjolnir-war-of-the-realms/

Loki just love finding ways to die just to come back. I bet he attends his own funerals.

Hickman just loves stupid hats.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hickman just loves stupid hats.

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1115359467418398730

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want to see the script in which he goes into needless detail about the dome X helmet who at first I thought was Cyclops but Scott is off to the left so I have no idea who this is.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I think it's Xavier in the fancy helmet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, I assumed it was X.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Xorn.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, I assumed it was X.

Is he gonna give it to ya?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Frank isn't cosmic ghost rider anymore? I really liked that design.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Azubah posted:

Frank isn't cosmic ghost rider anymore? I really liked that design.
Cosmic Ghost Rider is Frank in the future.

Current Frank is just Frank.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Starsnostars posted:

I think it's Xavier in the fancy helmet.

It's probably Cerebro and he can wear it wherever.

I also thought it was Cyclops at first.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Mark Waid is going to be writing an Invisible Woman mini. Sounds like it’ll be similar to that issue of SHIELD (I just remembered that book existed) where she was a special agent.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cyke in the back going 'I was wearing the x as a mask first'

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Tony Moore cover giving me very good Frankencastle flashbacks

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Punisher but like he's been shrunk down into the microverse and now he has to kill stuff. Pay me marvel.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gaunab posted:

Punisher but like he's been shrunk down into the microverse and now he has to kill stuff. Pay me marvel.

Punisher but he's been shrunk down to go inside a sick kid to kill the cancer cells inside him. And it's like Osmosis Jones inside him.

"Crime is a cancer. Now meet the cure!"

Give me a co-writing credit.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Gatts posted:

It's probably Cerebro and he can wear it wherever.

I call it...wear-ebro.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Question IRL posted:

Punisher but he's been shrunk down to go inside a sick kid to kill the cancer cells inside him. And it's like Osmosis Jones inside him.

"Crime is a cancer. Now meet the cure!"

Give me a co-writing credit.

That's a line from the Sly Stallone flick Cobra.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

How about “Cancer is a crime. Now meet the Punisher!”?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
so uh, is that jack kirby's house in no road home

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm a little weirded out that today's Asgardians of the Galaxy makes the War of the Realms look more like an actual threat to Earth than the main book did.

site posted:

Probably. I'm a little more gobsmacked that the issue starts with loving Bill the Lobster from Fallen Angels showing up for the first time in what's got to be a couple of decades.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i definitely had to scan the page after reading blue marvel say that because i thought that was some sort of joke

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wanderer posted:

I'm a little weirded out that today's Asgardians of the Galaxy makes the War of the Realms look more like an actual threat to Earth than the main book did.

Probably. I'm a little more gobsmacked that the issue starts with loving Bill the Lobster from Fallen Angels showing up for the first time in what's got to be a couple of decades.
I think he's on that poster announcing Hickman's X-Men stuff, too. It's a Bill the Lobster renaissance! (I credit Jay & Miles for it. I'm just waiting for the Space Clone X-Men to show up next).

In other news, :ohdear: at Gabby going off on her own in X-23. She's coming back, right? Right?

And FNSM #5 was fantastic, as expected.

Ditto Captain Marvel.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

In other news, :ohdear: at Gabby going off on her own in X-23. She's coming back, right? Right?

"To be Concluded" has me worried if the series is coming back :ohdear:

Squirrel Girl War of the Realms tie in was fantastic.

Unstoppable Wasp continues to be good as heck, though I have to confess I find most of the members of G.I.R.L. to be interchangeable and I've completely forgotten what each of their individual deals are.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

howe_sam posted:

"To be Concluded" has me worried if the series is coming back :ohdear:

Squirrel Girl War of the Realms tie in was fantastic.

Unstoppable Wasp continues to be good as heck, though I have to confess I find most of the members of G.I.R.L. to be interchangeable and I've completely forgotten what each of their individual deals are.

It's not solicited for June! :ohdear:

Maybe they shouldn't have forced Laura back to being X-23 to bring back Logan. Should have just kept her as All-New Wolverine and had him be, I dunno, Wolverine Classic?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Wolverine Orange Vanilla.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Yvonmukluk posted:

WHAT.

I am not prepared to try and live without Laura and Gabby in my life.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Yvonmukluk posted:

Maybe they shouldn't have forced Laura back to being X-23 to bring back Logan. Should have just kept her as All-New Wolverine and had him be, I dunno, Wolverine Classic?

Or just Logan. They did make a movie titled that two years ago. People liked it.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm catching up with Thor and it feels like Infinity Prime derailed Thanos' involvement in the story.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Wolverine Orange Vanilla.

I think that's Gwenverine:

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

site posted:

It's presumably The House of Ideas, since the license plate was SML JKK for Stan "The Man" Lee / Jack "King" Kirby

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
winter solider comes to a bittersweet ending. i really enjoyed this book, just a nice solid mini imo

wasp continues to own and i love that jeremy's tackling some real poo poo, if they really can x-23 and end it with gabby leaving for parts unknown im gonna be SO loving MAD. i dont yhink i can handle having angela and sera being broken up and losing gabby

site fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 11, 2019

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

i just finished reading all-new wolverine a couple days ago and was thinking the same thing. something about her arc and reverting back to the X-23 seems kinda off but i haven't read past the first issue of X-23 so far

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

winter solider comes to a bittersweet ending. i really enjoyed this book, just a nice solid mini imo

wasp continues to own and i love that jeremy's tackling some real poo poo, if they really can x-23 and end it with gabby leaving for parts unknown im gonna be SO loving MAD. i dont yhink i can handle having angela and sera being broken up and losing gabby
Yeah, Wasp continues to be great.

I am accepting Janet/Bobbi as canonical relationship. That stuff with her getting together with Tony in Iron Man is officially not canon (in my mind).

I wouldn't be surprised if Gabby comes back, I think the plotline would have her return. I doubt they'd end the book with her going her own way.

Unless they're giving her a Honey Badger solo series.

Parallax posted:

i just finished reading all-new wolverine a couple days ago and was thinking the same thing. something about her arc and reverting back to the X-23 seems kinda off but i haven't read past the first issue of X-23 so far
The book is good, but I feel like the branding reversion was a mistake.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MagsVisaggs/status/1116444276517429248
What kinda crud fontwork is that?

Also, it's in the X-thread, but everyone should be happy...
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1116450085137723402
Just a one-shot, though.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 12, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Did they try to ape the old Acts of Vengeance font?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

looks like they made that banner in ms paint

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Whatever font they tried to blow up was originally eight pixels tall, I think.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It's 100% the Acts of Vengeance logo/font/treatment, down to the kind of janky font that was probably cutting edge digital lettering circa 1990.

Even when they've done reprints of the series in trades/hardcovers over the past few years they've kept the blocky/artifact look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Read a bunch of books yesterday while sick:

Captain America and the Mighty Avengers vols 1-2: Really good, I liked the Secret Wars tie-in part too but it was a bit too clipped. Do the two people working the call center come back in some capacity? I read Ewing's New Avengers -> U.S.Avengers run and didn't see them there
AXIS: Hobgoblin & Carnage: Hobgoblin was hilarious from start to finish. Wonder what happened to the Goblin King after? Carnage was funny but also kinda sad? I would be down if they were inverted for good, but alas.

Speaking of inverted characters, did Sabretooth get back to being evil again?