Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I don't know, Vitamin C was more like turning people into mush while Spice Girl seems to just give the things she touches the properties of rubber while also making them unbreakable (hence why B.I.G. couldn't just kill everyone after it ate the plane engine).

That being said, I don't think they ever really establish if Spice Girl could even work on living things. I wonder what that would have even looked like but I guess F.F. kind of answered that question.

That's a fair point. It's hard not to think Diavolo wouldn't just immediately move on to some other way of killing her though, like just choking her out or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It was brought up in the anime thread that it's strange that when presented with a non-stand user accidentally discovering something about his identity/past the Boss chooses to throw everything including himself into a canal rather than kill the person that found him. It's gonna be fun next week to see how people react to Doppio being presented with a similar problem :v:

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 6, 2019

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I don't think the maid found anything but was about to and Diavolo was prepared to just chuck his poo poo out in skipped time.

By that I mean just skipping time so the maid doesn't see anything while he does what he normally would during the skipped time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was going to complain that the Anime is making it way too obvious that Doppio is the boss but I just checked the first chapter Doppio was in and it's almost explicitly said. I wish he would've remained more of a mystery until the reveal.

overmind2000 posted:

It was brought up in the anime thread that it's strange that when presented with a non-stand user accidentally discovering something about his identity/past the Boss chooses to throw everything including himself into a canal rather than kill the person that found him. It's gonna be fun next week to see how people react to Doppio being presented with a similar problem :v:

She only caught a glimpse of him, that's not enough reason to kill even for him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

I was going to complain that the Anime is making it way too obvious that Doppio is the boss but I just checked the first chapter Doppio was in and it's almost explicitly said. I wish he would've remained more of a mystery until the reveal.

She only caught a glimpse of him, that's not enough reason to kill even for him.

Doppio has not shown up yet in the anime.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yes he has. He's in the OP.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Someone just pointed out something about Modern Crusaders that I never even noticed. Rolling Stone has been at the bottom of the pillar this whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwZIH8YdbSo

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

That was the first thing I noticed when the new ending started tbh
I wonder if it will change shape at all over the course of the season?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The order of the heroes stands also shows a pretty obvious thing.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So much spoilers in the OP and ED yeah. Like my friends pretty much know Giorno is definitely stabbing himself and is gonna get a powerup.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The spoiler talk about the OP is funny bc in no way does it prepare you for the full scope of insanity about to happen.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The OP doesn't even show the biggest surprise: Polnareff.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it'd be difficult to show anything related to polnareff without viewers being able to puzzle out something is gonna happen related to him

not sure why the hell it's so forward with other things, though. people are already picking up on a doppio/diavolo connection just from the brief shot of him taking the picture in sardignia that was shown in the last ep and comparing it to the brief flash of doppio in the new op. it was never a huge secret and it's gonna immediately look suspect for doppio and trish to look alike anyways, but you'd think they wouldn't lay poo poo out so early.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Epitaph is showing the audience the future. :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Funky Valentine posted:

The OP doesn't even show the biggest surprise: Polnareff.

Thank god, that'll be an actual surprise for anime viewers at least.

Also the new OP is growing on me. The montage of the fights up to White Album is incredible.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 8, 2019

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I thought about it and I've decided that I actually like the OP being recycled footage. It's kind of like defying King Crimson in that it's saying "no, all this poo poo that happened matters, you're not erasing it".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Or 6 (six) pages of MUDAMUDAMUDA

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Replying to this post from the anime thread over here instead:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

King Crimson makes more sense to me than Golden Experience.

Golden Experience might be completely OP bullshit that does way too many things, but that at least makes sense to me in its own way. (GER makes less sense but let's not go there yet, I wanna see how they handle it in the anime...)

I've been trying to think again about how the hell King Crimson works now that I'm watching the anime instead of reading the bad translation of the manga, and some people have made cool analogies that sound nice and all, but it still makes absolutely no sense to me.

I could get it if it just erased everyone's memory of the skipped time to gently caress with people, but the idea of the time itself being erased really fucks with my head. Like the chocolates still end up eaten, people still end up at different positions in space, what the hell does it even mean for that time to be erased if the results still get there, as if the same erased causes still happened? Apart from people not remembering it is all.

But why shouldn't they remember it, even? Why do the molecules making up people's bodies still transport to different locations in space, as if they'd moved to the same place they were gonna move, but the neurons in their brains don't end up in a different state, as if they'd made the same memories they were gonna make?

Also I still don't get whether Diavolo can actually interact with anything during the skipped time or not, cause I keep hearing that he can't, but he pretty obviously actually can.

I don't know why I can just accept all sorts of other ridiculous retconned JoJo bullshit but this one thing trips me up. It's frustrating.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I think the phrase "erased time" is more thematic in this case than the other time based powers. The way it's used, it effectively is just everyone forgetting what happened, and not time literally being erased. It feels like Araki felt obligated to use some super strong time power for the main antagonist and really stretched it, which is strange because it's not like he's used all of the possible time loving powers yet.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Except for the tunes where everyone just stands motionless for the entire duration when it makes no sense for them to do so or doesn't respond to Diavolo disappearing in front of them and King Crimson basically just functions as a crumbier version of The World.

I think the only time King Crimson actually did what it said on the tin was when Narancia ate the chocolates without realising.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Honestly, both Stands are similar, in that what they do is fairly straightforward, but the exact rules around how they can activate it and what happens then seems to be wobbly.

Gold Experience brings the inanimate to life, but details like "how fast does it come to life", "only touching it with my hands counts," and "can I tell whether something is in animate or not" get made up on the spur of the moment.

King Crimson... actually, it used to be unlearn why the power was useful even though we knew what it did, but I think the anime makes it fairly plain what the boss experiences when he uses it. The main difficulty is that a lot of its major uses don't actually seem possible within the ten second window, like "clean an entire hotel room, hit the lights, and then jump out the window" or "break into an elevator, grab a young woman by severing her wrist, then jumps out".

It's the details that are fuzzy.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Crazy theory of the day: When the opening changes it won't be because King Crimson is time-skipping around it, but because Silver Chariot Requiem is going to switch people's souls and make everything super weird and nonsensical.

My logic is that usually the opening changes when the antagonist reveals the true nature of their time-manipulation power, but in this case we already know what King Crimson does and basically everyone expects it to happen, so it loses the element of surprise that great days suddenly looping back had. Also it's really weird that the opening is so keen on spoiling so much yet completely hides Polnareff, who is super important to the last arc and will probably be featured in the opening at some point. So what better time to put him in there than the very end, making the opening put the bizarre in this bizarre adventure at the same time the plot does?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
We also already do have a King Crimson skip in the opening, that shows off the blood trick Polnareff uses. It is the only skip there, and it's wholly visual, but it's already a part of the OP. A Requiem Stand makes more sense as a way to mix things up this time, so I totally buy it being Silver Chariot switching things around.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

Crazy theory of the day: When the opening changes it won't be because King Crimson is time-skipping around it,

I do love the idea of Silver Chariot Requiem in the opening, but there's an even sillier option if they don't move Rolling Stone from the finale (and, therefore, have an episode after the conclusion) - the time shenagigans will be Gold Experience Requiem. That montage of stand users being defeated in the opening? It's all Diavolo now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's an ominous part of the full version of Traitor's Requiem that seems clearly meant for King Crimson shenanigans.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I can't wait for shadow boss to be replaced with punk rocker Diavolo.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't wait for the anime only people to see Polnaref, realize he's in a wheelchair and then see just how absolutely destroyed the dude was.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i hate everything about requiem stands but polnareff discovering them by using his stand to reach for the arrow because it got wedged behind a wardrobe is one of the funniest things in jojo to me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If only it had fallen behind a toilet

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Tetracube posted:

doesn't he deploy Cioccolata and Secco as like a last-ditch effort?

I guess all the other ones might've just sucked

Wasn't Sheila E from Purple Haze Feedback a member of Diavolo's guard?

Imagining her interacting with the other members (or Diavolo's guards interacting with each other in general, really) seems really weird, though

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Diavolo did not bring many members of his guard into the picture. He did not have them go after them to Sardinia because he did not trust his guard enough to send them there, so went himself. And he brought in Cioccolata and Secco cause they were close to Rome and he really wanted Buccerati's gang dead.

Squalo and Tizano were just the members in Venice at the time, and Carne was presumably close to the Airport.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 10, 2019

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Gonna be gross to see Polneraff loving punched in half. Like gently caress thats probably the worst gore in part 5 outside of the Green Day mold.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

If only it had fallen behind a toilet

are you trying to kill him?!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean he kinda did die.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1115746674129887232

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
based araki

god king of shonen manga

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Countdown to people claiming that this is just Araki forgetting his original plan and the time travel theory is still valid

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/1115947540585701379

there he is!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Not gonna lie, Doppio is one of the main reasons I'm watching the anime this season