Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AFewBricksShy posted:

Geiger was a genius, no doubt. But for some reason everyone just ignores the fact that he totally forgot to draw eyes on his design. I just thought I'd quietly fix it.

(if the second mouth was further out, I would have had double googly eyes)

eye*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The second short was actually pretty good. Exactly what a fan-film should be, IMO. Brief, respectful of the canon, small in scope, and with a cool little wrinkle that surprises but fits the universe. Very well shot too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Professional wrestler The Great Muta, who's known for his elaborate entrance gear, came out the other night with something that looks somewhat Alien inspired:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Davros1 posted:

Professional wrestler The Great Muta, who's known for his elaborate entrance gear, came out the other night with something that looks somewhat Alien inspired:

I still can't believe this guy did a House of Glory show in Jamaica Queens on Saturday afternoon and then made it to the NJPW Rumble on time the same day at Madison Square Garden.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Prometheus and Covenant were redundant films because Samurai Shodown 2 is already a prequel to the Alien series.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

The second short was actually pretty good. Exactly what a fan-film should be, IMO. Brief, respectful of the canon, small in scope, and with a cool little wrinkle that surprises but fits the universe. Very well shot too.

putting it in a greenhouse is genius cuz you already have the humidity and moisture, and there's so many dimly-lit organic shapes and odd shadows that you can play hide and seek with. the facehugger hanging from a plant like a big spider was great

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Looks like a starcraft zerg which is basically an Alien knockoff.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

If you have a long car trip ahead of you, or maybe you’re just commuting to work, give this a listen. It’s the audiobook of River of Pain, and the voice acting is surprisingly great:

https://youtu.be/rk0ZsoRpTCQ

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

AFewBricksShy posted:

Geiger was a genius, no doubt. But for some reason everyone just ignores the fact that he totally forgot to draw eyes on his design. I just thought I'd quietly fix it.

(if the second mouth was further out, I would have had double googly eyes)

Geiger didn't design the Alien Warrior, his original design does have eye sockets under the translucent dome.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

MrMojok posted:

If you have a long car trip ahead of you, or maybe you’re just commuting to work, give this a listen. It’s the audiobook of River of Pain, and the voice acting is surprisingly great:

https://youtu.be/rk0ZsoRpTCQ

When I posted that I was right up to the point where a lot of action starts happening. I’ve since listened more and here is where it gets kinda bad. They talk to each other while fighting aliens, they couldn’t use the original pulse rifle sound, plus this is River of Pain which just has a whole lot of narrative issues.

But seriously, it is still worth a listen. Especially the first three hours.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

:siren: Yo! Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen, it's Labyrinth time. :unsmigghh:

Okay here's how this is going to work. If your name is on the list below, email me your address at xenomrph (at) gmail (dot) com, and put your username and "Labyrinth" in the subject line. I'm aiming to ship via Media Mail (except for the lone crazy person in Australia, I'll figure yours out later), which looks like it'll be about $2.75.

As for paying for shipping, like, I'm not going to hound every individual person for $2.75, because I think this is a fun project and people being excited to read Labyrinth puts a smile on my face. I've got the bubble mailers ready to go, I'm going to slap labels on them and mail everything out in one big trip to the post office once I've got addresses. The way I see it, people can pay me what they want and it'll all come out in the wash - a couple goons have already tossed some money my way to help balance things out if people can't pay, which is really awesome. My paypal is xenomrph (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Also if you've sent me a PM about this at some point, I'm going to send you a PM in a minute just in case you don't regularly look at this thread or something.

Xenomrph posted:

1. Xenomrph
2. SiL
3. Celtic Predator
4. oldpainless
5. alf_pogs
6. Sentient Data
7. Riatsala
8. MacheteZombie
9. MrMojok
10. WatermelonGun
11. MisterSpeaker
12. Pennywise the Frown
13. Linux Pirate
14. Code Jockey
15. l33tfuzzbox
16. Class Warcraft
17. MonsieurChoc
18. Leavemywife
19. mllaneza
20. Vim Fuego

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ay yo, gimme the one with the guy getting grabbed. That's the one I had as a kid!

email soon!

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Emailed you my address and sent you the paypal funds. Looking forward to reading this uplifting graphic novel about a young illegal alien who is kidnapped by David Bowie.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Somebody said aliens, I thought they said illegal aliens, and signed up.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Class Warcraft posted:

Looking forward to reading this uplifting graphic novel about a young illegal alien who is kidnapped by David Bowie.
It adds a whole new menacing twist to the lyrics "there's a starman, waiting in the sky..."

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Class Warcraft posted:

Emailed you my address and sent you the paypal funds. Looking forward to reading this uplifting graphic novel about a young illegal alien who is kidnapped by David Bowie.

Also in.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Davros1 posted:

looks like a zealot/hydralisk crossbred

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Xenomrph posted:

:siren: Yo! Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen, it's Labyrinth time. :unsmigghh:

Okay here's how this is going to work. If your name is on the list below, email me your address at xenomrph (at) gmail (dot) com, and put your username and "Labyrinth" in the subject line. I'm aiming to ship via Media Mail (except for the lone crazy person in Australia, I'll figure yours out later), which looks like it'll be about $2.75.

As for paying for shipping, like, I'm not going to hound every individual person for $2.75, because I think this is a fun project and people being excited to read Labyrinth puts a smile on my face. I've got the bubble mailers ready to go, I'm going to slap labels on them and mail everything out in one big trip to the post office once I've got addresses. The way I see it, people can pay me what they want and it'll all come out in the wash - a couple goons have already tossed some money my way to help balance things out if people can't pay, which is really awesome. My paypal is xenomrph (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Also if you've sent me a PM about this at some point, I'm going to send you a PM in a minute just in case you don't regularly look at this thread or something.

I managed to throw about 3,60 bucks your way (the exchange for canadian to american kinda sucks).

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Email is sent. Ill paypal the money Thursday when i get paid.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Thanks to those who tossed extra money Xeno's way. I was going to, but the radiator in my wife's car just took a poo poo, and we don't currently know if we have to buy a new car or if they'll be able to fix it. :smith:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Leavemywife posted:

Thanks to those who tossed extra money Xeno's way. I was going to, but the radiator in my wife's car just took a poo poo, and we don't currently know if we have to buy a new car or if they'll be able to fix it. :smith:

just look out for auto mechanics who make it shoot out theatrical amounts of steam so you have to yell over it but then are able to shut it off right away as soon as you leave

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Leavemywife posted:

So this is your wife’s car that poo poo the bed? Nice username/post combo. :sever:

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Leavemywife posted:

Tell your wife she can borrow your comic to read while she's on the bus

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Is there an Aliens fan discord?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MrMojok posted:

Is there an Aliens fan discord?

Probably, but I’m not a part of one. There’s an AvP forum I frequent but I don’t spend a huge amount of time there.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

AvP Galaxy?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Galaxy is so racist and sexist

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Is there one you like?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No. Any fan community is usually pretty rough. This is probably the best you’ll get honestly. Someone could start a discord server somewhere. I’d love to jump in.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

Galaxy is so racist and sexist
I haven’t experienced that at all, but maybe I’m steering clear of the lovely threads and didn’t know it? I spend most of my time in the merchandise sub forums and occasionally look at a couple movie threads once in a while. Where are the lovely threads?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh it was def the politics thread lol. But seeing people bitch about SJW Unironically and that going unchecked is a big ol “hmm” for me to maybe not hang around there too much.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oh, yeah, I tend to intentionally steer clear of those threads. Like, it’s a niche forum - I’m there to talk about that niche and maybe other harmless pop-culture poo poo, if I’m feeling adventurous.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I can’t say it holds a candle to sideshow freaks who I saw in the avengers thread were photoshopping Brie Larson getting hit in the head from Thor

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just a Labyrinth update, I’ve gotten emails with addresses from everyone but two people (I’ll check when I get home and figure out which two and post here as a reminder).

Here’s the game plan:
Tonight I’m going to package everything up and type up the addresses.
Tomorrow I’m going to print the addresses at work and tape them to the packages.
Saturday morning I’m going to take everything to the post office and unleash this horrible scourge upon you all ship everything out. :woop:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Thanks so much for doing this, Xeno.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah thanks a bunch!

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xenomrph posted:

I haven’t experienced that at all, but maybe I’m steering clear of the lovely threads and didn’t know it? I spend most of my time in the merchandise sub forums and occasionally look at a couple movie threads once in a while. Where are the lovely threads?

I never saw anything of this either, but then again I don't have an account there, which you apparently need to see the political/off-topic subforums. I've seen plenty of people get banned years ago there by the guy who runs it for posting questionable poo poo. Maybe CelticPredator is just being CelticPredator?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’m not gonna lie, seeing people be sexist on an Alien forum (based around a movie series that centers around a female protagonist) seems like it would be not just garden variety offensive, but also profoundly tone-deaf.

But this is the Internet we’re talking about so I guess it wouldn’t surprise me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I said the politics forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

CelticPredator posted:

I said the politics forum

I never sensed a right-wing Overton Window over there at all. There's plenty of right-wing concern trolls in political subforums on this site as well, and it's a safe bet SA is not considered right-leaning.