Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

TV shows and genre shows in particular coming to an end on their own terms are exceedingly rare, so good on Amell for calling the shot early and having the clout and gumption to stick with the call rather than get lured into doing basically a zombie show that kept going for like a decade past when it should have ended ala Supernatural.

I get the feeling Amell gets a good sense of the limits of the show too. Like, at this point he might feel they are spinning their wheels and if they are, let's just end with a bang. Plus, he can still come back to Flash and Legends (or Black Lighting?) if he wants a paycheck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's rumoring going on that Arrow is ending but Amell isnt leaving the 'verse.

A new team show maybe?

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Rhyno posted:

There's rumoring going on that Arrow is ending but Amell isnt leaving the 'verse.

A new team show maybe?

Superfriends!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Either everyone travels to the future or the future crew travels to the past. Gotta lock down Katherine McNamara as a CW lifer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Crisis might send her back in time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That chip thing really got me.

You know, I was saying in the Flash thread about how Agents of Shield is really smart, that characters won't hesitate to take people down, but Arrow is really doubling down on the CW shows constant "I can't stop you, i need to redeem you!" thing with Emiko. Okay, so she is the Leader of the 9th Circle (seriously guys, way to use your grade 11 english skills) and she blew up the Queens Gambit. But Ollie is just gonna try to talk her down every time he's got her in his sights. Shoot her in the leg and slap the cuffs on her.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 1, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

A new team show maybe?

Batwoman may not WANT a Robin, buuuut...

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

That chip thing really got me.

You know, I was saying in the Flash thread about how Agents of Shield is really smart, that characters won't hesitate to take people down, but Arrow is really doubling down on the CW shows constant "I can't stop you, i need to redeem you!" thing with Emiko. Okay, so she is the Leader of the 9th Circle (seriously guys, way to use your grade 11 english skills) and she blew up the Queens Gambit. But Ollie is just gonna try to talk her down every time he's got her in his sights. Shoot her in the leg and slap the cuffs on her.

I'll give the Emiko stuff points for being a family drama issue. With Ricardo Diaz the whole team decided for two seasons they were going to kill literally everyone but the main villain while he kept Scooby-Doo-Runawaying from every encounter as a frustrated hero stood there and helplessly grimaced with their useless weapons at whatever swinging door, long hallway, street or football field he slowly trotted away through, down or on.

At least this season they are making it more comical as Dante just jumps off a balcony flinging knives that don't do anything before he magically teleports away. If the guy just no longer exists they look less stupid since they can't wistfully watch him slowly hobble away from the 32nd time they had him captured/helpless.

It's even dumber on Flash since Barry can run faster than the speed of light and literally freeze time and experience hours within a few seconds but regular dudes just keep running down stairwells and escaping. The show is so good it doesn't even matter. Arrow isn't that good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, Emiko sucks. Retconning it so she killed Robert Queen is stupid as hell and I'm glad this show is ending.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah, so now she is responsible the green arrow, whose entire gimmick she lifted, even though she was more capable than Ollie and has been at this for longer?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm Emiiko, an over my head lone vigilante almost getting killed while trying to figure out, track down, and kill the person responsible for my mother's death. I'm also Emiiko, head of an all powerful shadowy bad guy group with near unlimited resources.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
On the plus side, it's nice to see that Adrian Paul is aging like fine wine.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo, Emiko sucks. Retconning it so she killed Robert Queen is stupid as hell and I'm glad this show is ending.

She didn't kill him, she just didn't save him. She's innocent. /Batman logic

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She's responsible in that it was done on her behalf but she didn't set it up.

Although it definitely feels like there's a scene missing to explain how she went from joining the Ninth Circle to being in charge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How do we know she didn't set it up?? She had the plans to the boat man! THE PLANS.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

How do we know she didn't set it up?? She had the plans to the boat man! THE PLANS.

Because Adrian Paul said Malcolm Merlyn contracted them to blow up the boat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You can't trust him! He's a criminal mastermind! He's worst that Diaz!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Rhyno posted:

Why do you think she brought the Malcolm Merlyn Official Crime Plan™ to the meeting with Robert?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yay Sara! :woop:

I literally have no idea who Laurel's "friend" is

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

SALMON LADDER :woop:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

Yay Sara! :woop:

A Longbow hunter.

Also, Ollie and Dig fighting crime and investigating really makes me realize how off the rails got from its original premise.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Sara Lance makes everything better

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

howe_sam posted:

They called her Shadow Thief. P. sure this is her first appearance.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Sara: "and then I merged with my friends and assumed the form of Beebo to stop a time demon."

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I thought this was gonna be some real deep cover mission for Laurel but they're making that seem unbelievable.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

They've still got nazi Laurel, right?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

They've still got nazi Laurel, right?

What the hell happened to her, anyway? Did she die a nazi death already?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's still in the pipeline.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Did.... did Felicity just level an entire building full of people?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

It's okay, I can see their parachutes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So Old Earth 2 Laurel just looked like Black Cat.

Yay Sarah!

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
So how many superweapons are getting shipped through Star City per week?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Please, she nuked a small city once

Edit: come to think of it, that one alone probably gives her a body count higher than all the characters on all the shows combined. Except Barry Allen who has eradicated entire timelines.

Edit 2: when accounting for vandal savage, do we count all the times he’s been killed and regenerated, or just he gets got by the time idiots? Was that a single death or three?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 16, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

She's still in the pipeline.

No, they shot her rear end back to Earth-X because who really wants Even Eviler Laurel Lance kicking around anyway?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's Laurels all the way down.

Edit: Caity Lotz is fuckin JACKED. Holy poo poo she got guns.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 16, 2019

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Please, she nuked a small city once

But at least she didn't kill Diaz.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Rhyno posted:

I remember one of the reasons I was disappointed when Laurel took over as Black Canary was that it was really nice to have a female superhero who looked like she really COULD beat the poo poo out of all these thugs, even if it wasn't choreographed for TV.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phenotype posted:

I remember one of the reasons I was disappointed when Laurel took over as Black Canary was that it was really nice to have a female superhero who looked like she really COULD beat the poo poo out of all these thugs, even if it wasn't choreographed for TV.

Maybe that first year but Katie Cassiday's in killer shape as well. I follow her on social media and a huge part of her presence is fitness.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I figure you already do, but following Lotz on her socials you can see a lot of that. Heck, there's that video on YouTube of her doing parkour for fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

I figure you already do, but following Lotz on her socials you can see a lot of that. Heck, there's that video on YouTube of her doing parkour for fun.

Her instagram posts are awesome. I follow the entire cast on Instagram and it's worth it., Tala posts videos where she sings fairly frequently.