Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Oddhair posted:

I don't know, I went through Ocarina of Time with a guide and it did cheapen my game somewhat but on the flip side that game is amazing and I was an adult so it was still fun, just maybe less fun overall. That being said, getting the Biggoron sword is worth it and makes the rest of the game easier. I also used the wiki extensively to play Demon's Souls but to be fair that world tendency mechanic is barely explained so it felt more justified and you still got to do the actual playing of the game/duping of materials/ etc. if you want to beat that poo poo. Sekiro is a kid's game compared to any other Souls game, sayeth Oddhair, guy who can't beat Bloodborne or DS2 but loves 1 and 3.

everybody is using the internet to beat Souls games, those who say otherwise are lying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well yes but playing video games is pretty much worthless in general

Also true

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Last Chance posted:

and they're right.

All gaming is worthless, it's an industry built around addiction to an endless cycle of new, valueless content.

But then that's why life under capitalism is totally devoid of meaning~

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

All gaming is worthless, it's an industry built around addiction to an endless cycle of new, valueless content.

It's a good way to have fun with my friends who live far away :unsmith:

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Giving yourself a cool million bucks in Resident Evil 4/5/6 is highly recommended

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dave Grool posted:

It's a good way to have fun with my friends who live far away :unsmith:

Put down your phone, game controller or keyboard and start living in the moment like a real person

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bike tory posted:

Dude, come on, everything is meaningless, just let people have fun with it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
playing zelda with a freaking guide smh

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/skittflash/status/1114805607599464448

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Syncopated posted:

playing zelda with a freaking guide smh

Real fans didn't use a guide, they called their brother's friend who had beaten the game and asked him where the gently caress that last cuccoo in kakariko village was

(9 year old me didnt know you could break crates by rolling into them)

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Oddhair posted:

I don't know, I went through Ocarina of Time with a guide and it did cheapen my game somewhat but on the flip side that game is amazing and I was an adult so it was still fun, just maybe less fun overall. That being said, getting the Biggoron sword is worth it and makes the rest of the game easier.

I did this as a kid, but I feel I redeemed myself by going through master quest blind as an adult

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I loving hate it when people fetishize hard games like You Can Be The Hero or Dark Souls because they're hard. When Dwarf Fortress or smth is hard, at least it's because you're interacting with near-simulation levels of systems which can lead to creative shenanigans (or, with ARMA, because they're trying to make a "realistic" wargame).

Also, I thought this latest game would be the most plot-heavy of the series, for some reason. Was it?

That's why I like The_Dark_Id's Drakengard LPs. I can experience the insane plot without having to deal with the gameplay.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JcDent posted:

I loving hate it when people fetishize hard games like You Can Be The Hero or Dark Souls because they're hard.

It's because there's literally nothing else in their lives.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's because there's literally nothing else in their lives.

anime

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Dark souls is an amazing game that is also hard hth

Also it's not really hard so much as obtuse

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yes, Dark Souls was already mentioned?

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar
gamers lmao

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BillyC posted:

gamers lmao

I'm the JNCOs.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

JcDent posted:

I loving hate it when people fetishize hard games like You Can Be The Hero or Dark Souls because they're hard. When Dwarf Fortress or smth is hard, at least it's because you're interacting with near-simulation levels of systems which can lead to creative shenanigans (or, with ARMA, because they're trying to make a "realistic" wargame).

Also, I thought this latest game would be the most plot-heavy of the series, for some reason. Was it?

That's why I like The_Dark_Id's Drakengard LPs. I can experience the insane plot without having to deal with the gameplay.

lmao "the only difficult games people should like are the ones that I like"

Do you really think the only reason people like dark souls is because it's hard?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I stopped playing Sekiro because it was way too hard so now I'm playing Dark Souls for the first time and it's fun but really clunky anyways that's my story. Stay hydrated, friends.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sekiro is hard as hell and there’s too many places to go and I’m confused about where and what I’m going and doing and I’m not really having actual fun

8/10

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Jeb!

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Wait aren’t those sonic and Mario videos making fun of that idiotic mindset?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Faustian Bargain posted:

Wait aren’t those sonic and Mario videos making fun of that idiotic mindset?

yes one might guess they are "joking around" or something

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

bike tory posted:

lmao "the only difficult games people should like are the ones that I like"

Do you really think the only reason people like dark souls is because it's hard?
Yes, people always think this for some reason.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

imgur is still posting this stuff so now I'm just going to repost this image everytime i see it lol. quick draw posting

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Nothing wrong with cheating at single player game, just play how you want.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/dayclancy/status/1115300753407709186

now they're gettin good

lol at the username and the content. good stuff

KoRMaK has a new favorite as of 21:59 on Apr 10, 2019

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Those aliens are the new Klerfs: everyone who draws with them is either a nazi, a sexpest, or a nazi sexpest

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sexy spetsnaz.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I use to think Milkshake Ducking was a weird and unfortunate phenomenon but now I realize it's just that goons can't possibly let a thing be popular and they MUST find fault with it

Mr Rogers loved gay people and the Alien Comic guy votes democrat

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I use to think Milkshake Ducking was a weird and unfortunate phenomenon but now I realize it's just that goons can't possibly let a thing be popular and they MUST find fault with it

Mr Rogers loved gay people and the Alien Comic guy votes democrat

Who the gently caress is talking poo poo about Mr Rogers?

Thems fightin words, son. We do not diss Mr Rogers.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Yeah Mr. Rogers and Bob Ross are untouchable.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Weird Al as well

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Scaramouche posted:

Weird Al as well
And still (somewhat) relevant!

edit: oh poo poo that means there's still time for him to gently caress up

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

RFC2324 posted:

Who the gently caress is talking poo poo about Mr Rogers?

Thems fightin words, son. We do not diss Mr Rogers.

I remember a thread that got to talking about how he was a monster for not being supportive enough of gay people or some poo poo. You know, standard goons being performatively woke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FELD1 posted:

I remember a thread that got to talking about how he was a monster for not being supportive enough of gay people or some poo poo. You know, standard goons being performatively woke.

I saw that once and the people talking got shut down p quick lol