Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Peter only has the one costume? And he came wears it under his clothes all the time? That thing must be rank.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Twelve by Pies posted:

So he's really going to change into Spider-Man and come out of a room everyone just saw him walk into?

I mean, yeah, probably he's going to hop out the window or something and come back in another way but this seems extremely poorly thought out. Which means it's perfect NSM.
In a stunning twist, he's not actually that stupid.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Man, Peter used to be really high-strung. I,m glad he mellowed out a bit after a while.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm getting legit mad at Peter belittling MJ's accomplishments and talent.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Saoshyant posted:

Are you ready? This is it, peak NSM

Beautiful. I cannot wait for Peter's confrontation with Kingpin in this arc.

"Nice try, Kingpin! You almost had me convinced I was the criminal!"
"I was...I was just trying to ruin your reputation with an imposter. Why would you think you were the criminal? Wouldn't you know?"
"Nope!"

Johnny Walker posted:

Yeah, what the hell?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Johnny Walker posted:

MJ doing the "but that's none of my business" meme after nonchalantly eating a hairy slice of toast(?) shows that she is entirely unfussed by Peter's BS at least.

She really does have the patience of a saint.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it didn't even occur to me that kingpin wasn't actually trying to mess with peter's head.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So, yes, Peter lets a bunch of crimes happen while he patiently waits for his costume to come back.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

...wait, Nino's wife is like... right there in the room with him? Why doesn't he just loving res.... oh God that spidey-suit is like a -5 to intelligence, isn't it?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

...wait, Nino's wife is like... right there in the room with him? Why doesn't he just loving res.... oh God that spidey-suit is like a -5 to intelligence, isn't it?

Remember, we got your wife! ...right here without anyone guarding her.

Remember that, Nino. Remember that.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
The control dials in Kingpin's fake book would be so obvious. I love it. :allears:

head58
Apr 1, 2013

The Kingpin doesn’t harm :females:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nino's wife is actually into bondage play and cheating on her husband, the kidnapping thing is just an excuse her lover came up with when Nino showed up unexpectedly.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Didn't Nino notice his girl was missing for a couple of days? Or that he already got shown they had her captive the previous day?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is Nino's girlfriend just tied up 24/7 or do they just bring out the ropes whenever they know Nino's stopping by so they can have her prepped as a hostage at any moment?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That makes no sense even in context.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Harvey Weinstein

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

That makes no sense even in context.

Spider-sense telling Norman Osborne (who is Spider-Man) that Mr. Smiley is going to axe murder MJ.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

This had better lead to at least one panel of Spider-Men pointing at each other, or I will be very disappointed. :colbert:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Anyone else think Spider-Man and Nino are going to pretend to be one another in a plan to free Marie?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Is Nino Parker really... Peter-Man?!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope the next panel reveals that underneath his open jacket he's just got the spider-costume on without a shirt.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Just a minute, Aunt May! I-I'm masturbating!" (I can't let her suspect I'm Spider-Man!)

Show up for the first day of shooting and sign your contract. That's the movie business!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem posted:

I hope the next panel reveals that underneath his open jacket he's just got the spider-costume on without a shirt.
So close, but so far.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Johnny Walker posted:

"Just a minute, Aunt May! I-I'm masturbating!" (I can't let her suspect I'm Spider-Man!)

Well, as far as Aunt May and Doc Ock are concerned, Peter came in there and started yelling and sweating bullets out of nowhere before going into another room where he probably audibly undressed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Flagging red from his right pocket means Peter wants to be fist hosed.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Endless Mike posted:

Flagging red from his right pocket means Peter wants to be fist hosed.

And he's just met a man with six of them!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Amazed at Peter's priorities in this entire chain of events

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I love the classic comics conceit that instead of watching for a split second longer, you should for some reason turn away and not watch the hero die because obviously they must die so there's no reason to watch to be sure. No time for that! Gotta keep working on your evil plan!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, they just (think they) killed a superhero, one who their Boss is currently intent on destroying, and they don't even bother to go look at the body?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Johnny Walker posted:

Show up for the first day of shooting and sign your contract. That's the movie business!
My prediction: "You'll also earn not a penny more!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Johnny Walker posted:

I love the classic comics conceit that instead of watching for a split second longer, you should for some reason turn away and not watch the hero die because obviously they must die so there's no reason to watch to be sure. No time for that! Gotta keep working on your evil plan!

Heh, the guy who commutes in mid-air with webs all day is DEFINITELY paste on the ground after giving him a flesh wound to one shoulder. No need to watch.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, they just (think they) killed a superhero, one who their Boss is currently intent on destroying, and they don't even bother to go look at the body?

This is the NSM universe, don’t forget. The logical option won’t ever occur to anyone in it, except for maybe MJ and their space son

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
MJ wouldn't miss a lethal shot in the first place.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Jerusalem posted:

"Spider-Man would probably have dodged that and come in and beat seven kinds of heck out of us."

"Yeah, that's probably Nino, then. Should we go get the body?"

"Nah, he'll fall on the trash and It's garbage day. Shut the window."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's newspaper spiderman, though. nsm getting hit and then falling down is his signature move.