Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

can we at least do public humiliation

The word you were looking for is 'execution', not humiliation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dr.Smasher posted:

The word you were looking for is 'execution', not humiliation

Can we bring back those punishments where the execution mirrors the crime? Like force-feed the fuckers opiates until they overdose, or maybe ramp them up and let the withdrawal kill them?

It's like losing your hand for stealing, but for unethical pharmaceutical executives (and their pet physicians).

....maybe I need to take a break from this poo poo for a while. Feels like I'm reading Freep in the bad old days when they still had a semblance of relevance and they hadn't been eclipsed by the rest of society taking up their views only worse.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Full struggle session or bust

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm pretty sure nodding out on an opiate is like the least painful thing.

Now taking away their money, then making them addicts,, and then taking the drugs away and setting them "free"...

Pretty sure that's in violation of the eighth.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Taintrunner posted:

kickass let's get drunk

I'm a teetotaler :shrug:

edit: but if you know any good riots / mass guillotine actions going on I'd be down

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Wasabi the J posted:

Pretty sure that's in violation of the eighth.

the law doesnt apply to rich people why should the constitution :thunk:

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

easy praxis: flood these kinds of listings with facetious but “sincere” applications up to phone calls to waste the hiring manager’s time

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ugh my current workplace is full of scabs. It's super weird because I'm in a profession that has like 99% union membership but this particular worksite is only like 15%. We're probably going to be striking soon but there are enough staff to keep our site open.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

Ugh my current workplace is full of scabs. It's super weird because I'm in a profession that has like 99% union membership but this particular worksite is only like 15%. We're probably going to be striking soon but there are enough staff to keep our site open.

Sabotage the machinery before you strike, op

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Sabotage the machinery before you strike, op

I'm a teacher so... Beat up some students? Call in a bomb threat? lol

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

bike tory posted:

teach them wrong, as a joke

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

bike tory posted:

steal all the power cords

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bike tory posted:

delete all the course documents from the servers

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bike tory posted:

Teach them the good book

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bike tory posted:

Good time to call all the regulatory agencies with legitimate complaints about the mold in the air ducts, the roaches in the cafeteria, the illegal labor practices, etc, etc.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yeah, my company rolled out a new "benefit" with LifeDojo on Monday. No loving thanks.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, my company rolled out a new "benefit" with LifeDojo on Monday. No loving thanks.

"Hmmmmm, I'm going to have to dock you points on your commitment and loyalty score during this rating period, Mr. Crowned."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

"Hmmmmm, I'm going to have to dock you points on your commitment and loyalty score during this rating period, Mr. Crowned."

https://www.interbrandhealth.com/views/5-questions-lifedojo-ceo-chris-cutter/

quote:

InterbrandHealth: Right now, you’re primarily working with employers and providers. How do you get started and ensure a successful program?

Chris Cutter: Typically the employer or the healthcare group will communicate the outcomes they want, such as stress reduction, reduced obesity, improved morale, etc. And we start to aggregate data. The first thing we do is sit down with the employer and do a social-ecological assessment. This again is more in the realm of public health work. What are the biological, psychological, social, cultural and environmental realities of your population—because that’s going to affect our messaging.

We really treat it like brand communications. Every client’s population requires different communications. We have to think about how to talk to them, through what channels, and in what style. Many times, our initial communications are more about fun and engagement rather than fixing a problem. Simultaneously, we’re working with the employer on other systems, such as IT and additional support assets for the employees, should more advanced care be required. We also identify wellbeing champions within the company to help motivate and encourage colleagues. This helps to generate what we call grassroots workplace wellbeing—it’s not the top telling people what to do. It’s the little groups forming and supporting each other—it grows from the ground up. It’s more sustainable that way.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

That last paragraph, are these people even human anymore? Were they ever?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
No and no. Kill them and eat them, because that's what they're planning to do to you.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

so that's effectively treating your employees like property. gently caress them.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

double nine posted:

so that's effectively treating your employees like property. gently caress them.

Hey you're free to not take advantage of these fantastic benefits if you're, you know, not a team player

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Also we're going to raise your health insurance premiums by the exact amount of the discount you'll get it if you install Jerkit, the personal intimacy app for busy professionals!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

double nine posted:

a happy and healthy slave is a hardworking slave

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Good time to call all the regulatory agencies with legitimate complaints about the mold in the air ducts, the roaches in the cafeteria, the illegal labor practices, etc, etc.

If only government agencies actually cared about these things

For real though I'm not actually annoyed that my worksite will stay open despite the strike, a big part of why I feel guilty striking as a teacher is that the kids are the ones who lose out and it alleviates that somewhat. I'm just annoyed at the lack of solidarity and the have your cake and eat it too mentality of the dickheads dropping out of the union because they'll get the payrise anyway but they don't want to lose out on a day's pay from the strike.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

double nine posted:

when our company got bought out they renamed "human resources" to "human capital" (which is an increasingly common rebranding of HR)

frankly I'm glad they changed the name

workers might be tempted to think HR is looking out for them but when you call it "human capital" it's more obvious what they're protecting

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bike tory posted:

For real though I'm not actually annoyed that my worksite will stay open despite the strike, a big part of why I feel guilty striking as a teacher is that the kids are the ones who lose out and it alleviates that somewhat. I'm just annoyed at the lack of solidarity and the have your cake and eat it too mentality of the dickheads dropping out of the union because they'll get the payrise anyway but they don't want to lose out on a day's pay from the strike.

I work in a school system too and the health department/safety department/etc may not act quickly, but holy poo poo they'll burn down some administrators when they do get rolling.

Also leverage your parents. I've got a small army of moms that'll burn that fucker down to the ground.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bike tory posted:

For real though I'm not actually annoyed that my worksite will stay open despite the strike, a big part of why I feel guilty striking as a teacher is that the kids are the ones who lose out and it alleviates that somewhat.

Bad pay and working conditions for teachers also lead to negative consequences for the kids though, with teachers shortages etc

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

What does more harm? Three days off school thanks to a strike, or decades+ of underfunded, alienated, overworked teachers? Not being a part of a union should be considered shameful, it's the only way to ensure you do your work safely, fairly, and ethically. Otherwise you're putting yourself and your co-workers (and everyone who depends on them) in an immeasurably worse condition.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

bike tory posted:

those are people it is morally ok to physically hurt, actually

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

bike tory posted:

Seeing workers strike for their own dignity and that of the people they help is an education I desperately wish I had gotten at a young age.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'm well aware that striving for a better-funded education system benefits the kids long term, that's why I do it. But it's a different consideration from workers shutting down a business with a strike where the biggest loser is the boss. Me striking actually saves my employer money, and the cost is borne by the community who are largely supportive

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

bike tory posted:

I'm well aware that striving for a better-funded education system benefits the kids long term, that's why I do it. But it's a different consideration from workers shutting down a business with a strike where the biggest loser is the boss. Me striking actually saves my employer money, and the cost is borne by the community who are largely supportive

Sure, but you're teaching them about moral courage, integrity, and fighting for what you believe in. It's the most valuable thing you could possibly teach them.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Strike by sitting outside the school grounds and educating kids about what happens when education and other public services become profit motivated

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

working in education, social work, or other such fields is cool because employers will eagerly exploit your desire to support the population you serve and use it as both a wedge between you and your colleagues and as a stand-in for compensating you reasonably, because isn’t helping others a reward in and of itself?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/yabutaleb7/status/1116019489492152320

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Yeah teacher strikes are a positive thing and all but it does hurt low income families in the area in the short term. But it's not the strikers who hold the blame, but the legislators who aren't paying the teachers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A horse themed gender reveal party! So tacky and decadent and gross.

Wait its literally for a horse :stonk: