Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao Devins is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is actually incredible

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Not sure if Aurora is a feint or if somebody would be wise to play an idol on her.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Would have loved to see Keith Nale at this tribal

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Julia's cockiness blew everything up lol

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This whole thing is amazing

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
All this cause that etsy lady cannot handle being in a tribal

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

David and Wentworth
:laffo:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
W O W what even is going on chaos magic

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

I love survivor, the television show.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shneak posted:

All this cause that etsy lady cannot handle being in a tribal

It is pretty funny when someone who was basically in control the whole game completely loses it at the first sign of actual adversity.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Not sure if Aurora is a feint or if somebody would be wise to play an idol on her.

literally who cares about saving aurora

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Glorious. loving delectable. Just :discourse:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

literally who cares about saving aurora
Oh no I meant that you could control who goes home by saving Aurora. Obviously she's not doing poo poo for anyone's game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It'd be funny if despite all that everyone ends up doing exactly what they went in saying they'd do

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have no idea who is going home

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah because its julia and who is she?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Was that idol expiring or did they burn it for nothing?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good vote by everyone, she proved she's not trustworthy by being the match and the gasoline on that whole fire lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The nerves of steel on Wentworth and Lauren drat.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really do like Devens pointing out the obvious at tribal and then basically laughing at Julia when she tried to shut it down because she knew he was right and could pull it off.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

also..... nice meltdown(s)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
so was aurora not in on the julia thing?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
lol at them all turning on her except Aurora who split the vote anyway. drat Julia played that TERRIBLY.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hot drat. That's an implosion and well deserved exit.

That's a recording I'm keeping to rewatch a bunch of times.

Shneak posted:

lol at them all turning on her except Aurora who split the vote anyway. drat Julia played that TERRIBLY.
Aurora's been out of the loop all season so it makes sense. Everyone else had someone to agree with. So David and Devins are set on the Julia vote. Wentworth wants it and Lauren and Wardog come along. Julie wants it and Ron comes with him. Gavin and Victoria realize what's happening and confirm to each other that they have to flip. Aurora doesn't have a buddy to say "we gotta vote out Julia". She's just sitting on the side grumbling about soccer moms hoping it works out.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Was that idol expiring or did they burn it for nothing?

Pinterest Mom posted:

The nerves of steel on Wentworth and Lauren drat.

I think it was a reasonably safe play from Kelley and Lauren's perspective. Assuming you trust that Julie has burned her bridges with Kama and Ron goes with her they probably don't have the votes to take you out. Its not like David and Devins have been playing this whole thing to blindside you.

But from David and Devins' perspective Wentworth and Lauren laid back enough with Kama that you don't know if you can trust them, so you use the idol because you'd feel stupid if you didn't and it happened.

It was a ballsy move from Kelley (and Lauren) but I think it had solid reasoning.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

What a great post-merge game so far. That was sheer fun.

I also thought it was hilarious that immediately after Gavin used Chris and Ron's side alliance as a reason to vote out Chris, he began to work on and protect his own side alliance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I really got a kick out of Gavin acknowledging that it was weird for him to turn on Eric because Eric was his closest ally. And just not skip a beat.

Kama just loving lost their minds the second Joe and Aubry were gone as easy targets. It seems like that classic thing where the tribe that never goes to Tribal never gets a chance to build trust and work out their poo poo so when the merge comes they just all loving lose it.

Lesu basically has the psychological edge because they've been a dysfunctional mess long enough to just laugh about it in Tribal.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
On Twitter Julia said that she knew she was going home because before the vote during tribal they all walked through the individual votes and everyone covered who they were voting for:

https://twitter.com/thejuliacarter/status/1116146010441568262

https://twitter.com/thejuliacarter/status/1116149069624299520

The real question is why did any idol get played at all.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
My guess is that it got exposed at some point so they just decided to get rid of it.

EDIT: Holy gently caress, that tribal was so chaotic that apparently Ron suggested they vote out Victoria at one point, not realizing that Victoria was literally right next to him.

https://twitter.com/mrronclark_/status/1116145577954353154?s=09

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 11, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its possible Devins and David just were worried Wardog was too quick and adamant about this and it was all some kind of massive setup. It would have been an incredibly elaborate one but Wardog has snaked them a few times and seems to play very big. And everything about that was so ridiculous that it probably makes the ridiculous seem plausible.

Its also possible they exposed it in some way.

My guess is maybe they just low key wanted to be rid of it since them not really being on the same page game wise and David holding his piece hostage was kind of a weird situation where they were stuck together even if they disagreed. At least now they choose to work together or not on the merits of their game plans.

Spergatory posted:

EDIT: Holy gently caress, that tribal was so chaotic that apparently Ron suggested they vote out Victoria at one point, not realizing that Victoria was literally right next to him.

https://twitter.com/mrronclark_/status/1116145577954353154?s=09

I choose to believe that was Ron just being passive aggressive as gently caress.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
It's possible. I'm just a sucker for that kind of thing. The hardest I've ever laughed at Survivor was in Philippines when Carter looked at Penner and said "so... should we vote Katie, or Penner?" while the famous baseball dude bug-eyes in panic behind him, and Penner, completely deadpan and without missing a beat, goes "well, I'd hate to lose Katie."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It would be hilarious but I mean, he literally points at her while he's saying it.

Ron was just doing passive aggressive stuff like that all episode. He was having his own dramatic meltdown.

Basically everyone on Kama was losing it all episode except possibly Victoria.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
That was cool but I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out why there was no Reward Challenge. I had assumed there was one that got cut for time, but Victoria tweeted there was no Reward. In 38 seasons of the show has there ever been a post-merge episode without a reward challenge (besides the obvious situations like double-boot episodes, the finale, or the Redemption Island seasons with no Reward Challenges)? They break the formula for the first time in almost 20 years and they just happened to get one of the craziest Tribals ever the same episode??

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

mancalamania posted:

That was cool but I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out why there was no Reward Challenge. I had assumed there was one that got cut for time, but Victoria tweeted there was no Reward. In 38 seasons of the show has there ever been a post-merge episode without a reward challenge (besides the obvious situations like double-boot episodes, the finale, or the Redemption Island seasons with no Reward Challenges)? They break the formula for the first time in almost 20 years and they just happened to get one of the craziest Tribals ever the same episode??

Apparently this was also the very next day after last week's tribal. They didn't have time for two challenges and for everyone to strategize. Do they ever do two challenges in one day?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gonna rewatch a 30 minute tribal...

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Apparently this was also the very next day after last week's tribal. They didn't have time for two challenges and for everyone to strategize. Do they ever do two challenges in one day?

If I had to guess it was so obvious from night after camp and confessionals after last week's tribal that something massive was going to happen they pushed it? I know previous contestants have said the confessionals are really long and the producers ask tons and tons of really probing questions so it wouldn't be surprising if they figured out immediately that poo poo was going to explode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine it was just a scheduling/weather/set design thing that just happened to coincide with a crazy tribal. Coincidences happen and its not like we haven't seen insane tribals when there was a Reward.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Rick Devens owns. Survivor owns.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

RHAP is a really good listen tonight because there's just SO MUCH to unpack from that episode. Like just general themes they talked about.

- Who the Kama Core were lying to at the start of tribal. (Victoria apparently confirmed they were gonna vote out Wentworth).
- How Julia placating Wentworth in Tribal freaked out Ron and Julie.
- How Wentworth and Lauren sticking with Julia and Aurora at the start of the chaos contributed to it.
- How the Kama Core's betrayal last week basically made both Ron/Julia and Wentworth paranoid they'd betray them again.
- How taking out Joe at the start of the Merge instead of Wentworth basically set this whole chain of events into play.
- How Wentworth and David have basically survived because they're seen as two separate threats and if they were together they'd probably be gone.

etc, etc, etc.

Just so much happened there and so many things going back episodes and forward. I think Rob and Fish basically ran out of time to talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:stare: Now dat's a tribal

I really hope Wentworth and Lauren pull this things off cause they have got ladyballs of steel, goddam