Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Reveilled posted:

So my bet now is that we refuse to do elections
Labour and the tories have both put out a call for candidates and our community centre was just booked for use as a polling station, so I think they're happening.

Edit: Gliese 176 b is a super earth exoplanet that, according to wikipedia "may have attracted a gas envelope like Uranus" :v:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Worst case, there’s definitely a majority in Parliament to force European elections given that the alternative is no deal.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

loving masterpiece. Get this in the Tate.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
This might not be the Brexit you wanted, but you can't argue it's not the Brexit you deserve

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I... appreciate ('enjoy' definitely isn't the right word) how that last headline could naturally lead from either of the other two.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Pilchenstein posted:

Labour and the tories have both put out a call for candidates and our community centre was just booked for use as a polling station, so I think they're happening.

The facebook voting enrollment ads have appeared as well

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

October 30th, Meaningful Vote 26 has just failed by one vote. It turns out that Theresa May voted against her own deal by accident, causing a No Deal Brexit the next day,

Happy Halloween, fuckers.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The last three years have really taught me to appreciate my parents' decision to drag me with them all the way to New Zealand a decade ago. :magical:

Any Plymouth goons able to tell me if Devonport Boys is still a crumbling shithole of a school?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Bloody Pom posted:

Any Plymouth goons able to tell me if Devonport Boys is still a crumbling shithole of a school?

Eh, I dunno. I guess? I know St Boniface went right the gently caress downhill. Like massively.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Brexit will continue until votes improve.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

1. Nothing happens until October / anniversary of last VONC,
2. Tories Kick May out,
3. JRM / Boris becomes PM,
4. They run down the remainder of the clock and we hard brexit.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

At least that means I can eat some of the tasty looking tinned food from my no deal stash now.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Xeno's Brexit

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

lol the tory so-called rebels are completely useless

at least labour's people had the guts to actively undermine corbyn when they wanted rid of him, the tories can't even resign their posts

imagine having your bluff called by theresa may. there is no greater humiliation

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If it wasn't for the fact that the people in charge are just that incompetent, I'd be convinced they're deliberately dragging their feet and asking for continual extensions just to run down the clock until they can hand it off to the next government or just drop the whole thing altogether.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

OwlFancier posted:

Uh...

Why..?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If it wasn't for the fact that the people in charge are just that incompetent, I'd be convinced they're deliberately dragging their feet and asking for continual extensions just to run down the clock until they can hand it off to the next government or just drop the whole thing altogether.

They can be both incompetent and that could still be true. Everything regarding Brexit can be explained by people desperately avoiding blame. It’s a good idea for Labour, it allows them to stick the boot into the Tories more. But since the Tories actually are to blame, it’s tearing them apart. Everyone wants Brexit to be happening soon but no one wants the actual consequences of Brexit to happen.

If we actually do get a general election the Tories will be fascinating to watch. In a large part they will be actively trying to lose, as the best situation for them is one where the hot potato of the responsibility for Brexit is finally in someone else’s hands.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

These next six months are going to packed full of the most meaningful votes we’ve ever had :toot:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Someone post a picture of a really far away Zelda moon.

I'm just so tired of all this bullshit

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

This one needs inking and a signature because I want to did it around

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

This one needs inking and a signature because I want to did it around

This one needs inking and a signature because I want to hang it in my house.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
So in the end what did May offer to the EU that was substantially different enough for them to accept an extension to October? Or did they just flinch at the last minute and concede it without any substantial promises?

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

MeinPanzer posted:

So in the end what did May offer to the EU that was substantially different enough for them to accept an extension to October? Or did they just flinch at the last minute and concede it without any substantial promises?

They probably figure that the collective outrage on the Tory back benches will spike blood pressures high enough to trigger enough by-elections to nullify the DUP's contribution to May's majority.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Theresa May got her ocarina back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7DUyI_dwyk

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

They always wanted a longer extension, but were hampered over the timing of the elections. So the deal appears to be 'Long extension, but if you leave with no deal before June, you don't have to take part in the EU elections."

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Failed Imagineer posted:

Same dude, saaaaaammmmeee.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ClarkeMicah/status/1116092540514652166?s=19

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I'm not entirely clear on how automatic the UK participation in the EU elections is supposed to be...does Parliament need to vote on it, or is this happening unless they vote against it? Cause whoever pushes to proceed with the EU elections, if a vote is needed, is going to be named "anti Brexit" instead of the voice of reason.

I guess May's idea is to delay a vote on EU election and force the labours to call for them; and if no one calls for them, dangle another "my deal or no deal" on May 31st. The problem I see with this plan is:
- May delays the procedures for EU elections.
- Labour don't call for them.
- Eventually the SNP or someone clamors for EU elections.
- The vote fails.
- We get a "my deal or no deal", May's deal wins.
- May steps down, BoJo or Gove or another inhuman becomes PM.
- Said inhuman crashes the plans for May's Brexit.
- Hard Brexit that is almost or completely a no deal one.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Please do not post small moon.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Does anyone here have any thoughts on Michael Crick leaving channel 4 news? All very abrupt and strange, especially for a political editor during the (supposed) end game of Britain's biggest political story for a very, very long time

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1116080766327369728?s=19

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Niric posted:

Does anyone here have any thoughts on Michael Crick leaving channel 4 news? All very abrupt and strange, especially for a political editor during the (supposed) end game of Britain's biggest political story for a very, very long time

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1116080766327369728?s=19

either terminal illness or sex pest imho

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Necrothatcher posted:

That chili was excellent. And I've got enough for two lunches left over.

:dance:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Firos posted:

Please do not post small moon.

Niric posted:

Probably a case of

Failed Imagineer posted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/miqdaad/status/1116240862730702850?s=19

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

That Italian Guy posted:

I'm not entirely clear on how automatic the UK participation in the EU elections is supposed to be...does Parliament need to vote on it, or is this happening unless they vote against it?
I’m pretty sure we need to legislate to make the elections happen, and the previous Brexit deadline was chosen because it was the last possible point at which that could still happen.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
We've accepted the extension ftr https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1116234851252830208?s=20

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The Euro elections are triggered by the government based on existing law and that has already been taken care of. A parliamentary bill is not needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

It's astounding
The Tories are fleeing
Madness takes it's toll
But listen closely
Not for very much longer
We're going to take back control
I remember doing the Brexit Warp
Loving those moments when