Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

honestly i dont even think he's that hard. i know how to beat him and can consistently get through the first phase using 0-1 gourds, you just play him like a dark souls boss (always run towards him or be near him and dodge/drift to the right, you don't need to even use block the entire fight). the hitboxes on his fire moves are very, very generous though and so i get caught a lot when it looks like i shouldn't.

i was thinking this same poo poo during my first few attempts, but after a few days i decided to try to parry anything that didnt give me a danger symbol or was a fireball. even the most souls looking boss in the game plays like a sekrio boss which is cool. i almost always regret dodging compared to when i just walk and hit block if somehting looks like it'll hit me

sekiro and bloodborn circle a perfect game for me. BB having more art design wise and more refined combat since it was the same formula for 3 previous game essentially, but sekrios pace of action slays anything else in the genre

I got the tude now fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

spb posted:

One of my complaints about the game is that there are too many bonfires. Like, theres a bonfire before the corrupt monk and then one right afterwards? Its weird. My other complaint was the resuse of bosses and minibosses was meh. I wonder how much Activision changed things.

You can play the game with only the temple bonfire and it would probably still be very quick

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

I dont think i actually had problems with dogs at any point.

it seems like there would have been dogs in stalker, but on the other hand the vampires are basically dogs.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
it was pigs. mutnat pigs.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dogs in stalker? I’m starting to see the appeal... guess it can’t be helped.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

it seems like there would have been dogs in stalker, but on the other hand the vampires are basically dogs.

so are slavs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Excuse but dogs show natural mammalian instincts such as love, loyalty, and nuturing. Very disrespectful statement toward dogs.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Excuse but dogs show natural mammalian instincts such as love, loyalty, and nuturing. Very disrespectful statement toward dogs.

Oh jeez... Chripes.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

There must have been dogs, somewhere.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

a Loving Dog posted:

honestly i dont even think he's that hard. i know how to beat him and can consistently get through the first phase using 0-1 gourds, you just play him like a dark souls boss (always run towards him or be near him and dodge/drift to the right, you don't need to even use block the entire fight). the hitboxes on his fire moves are very, very generous though and so i get caught a lot when it looks like i shouldn't.

i just used the umbrella on those. the phase 2 vertical slash with the spreading fire is the one horseshit move in the entire game so the umbrella's almost required

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

I seen the "Activision made the game too easy" idea a lot and it makes no sense to me

there's people on the whole internet saying it's the easiest from game and if they aren't just talking poo poo I would love to watch them play dark souls or bloodborne to see what they're doing in them exactly

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
mods for this are gonn aget very good very quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqhtpuPjkZ0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

i just used the umbrella on those. the phase 2 vertical slash with the spreading fire is the one horseshit move in the entire game so the umbrella's almost required

I could not figure out how to dodge that stuff without the umbrella

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

You can run to the side and jump and not get hit but the timing is tight.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

mods for this are gonn aget very good very quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqhtpuPjkZ0

finally a skin matching wolfs zesty personality

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
final boss down in about 4-5 attempts today, after not being able to consistently get to phase 3 before. focusing on his posture instead of necessarily me staying undamaged was the trick. Tier 1A game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
finally beat the big monkey

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

frank.club posted:

finally beat the big monkey

tmi bro

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Owl the second time is approaching Orphan of Kos in number of attempts for me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Final boss is pissing me off

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Final boss is pissing me off

☝🏻

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

finding this game to be stupidly replayable.... on ng+5 now. kinda makes me feel like a psycho

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The speedrun of this game is under 30 minutes now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It seems the main optimization in speedrunning this game is just finding every single area you can clip outside the map and avoid every boss battle.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That's life in the any% business homie.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Speedrunning this game is like looking at the Mona Lisa really quickly

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
souls speedruns, ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I did it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

spb posted:

Speedrunning this game is like looking at the Mona Lisa really quickly

If you quickly draw a sideways I thats curved at a certain angle, you can skip the entire lips phase

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Good job. I'm going to work on it this weekend.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Evil Eagle posted:

It was the most fun first playthrough of a From Software game for me and the 2nd run of NG with both of the hard modifiers turned on has been just as fun and way more challenging. I have never really been into NG+ in From games or any games really,

Lmao what do you call spending 200 hours on a Kirby game then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Games 2-30

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

I'm a True Arena enthusiast. The actual Kirby game is just in the way of that

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The themes and twist in BB is kind of impossible to top imo

I love sekiro but nothing will ever top those Old Hunters moments when you exit the clock tower after Maria and realize that you’ve been folding back through time and the original events up to seeing Kos on the beach

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Finally beat the game and can start NG+. Maybe now I can beat a headless

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After over a decade of trying they finally made a cool puzzle boss with the panel monkeys. The monks kinda freaked me out because their chanting reminded me of the Fatal Frame guys

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The DLC fight against Tomoe is going to be loving sweet

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The DLC fight against Tomoe is going to be loving sweet

lol this. Prepare for an entire level of nonstop electric attacks from dumb mooks in all directions

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

frank.club posted:

After over a decade of trying they finally made a cool puzzle boss with the panel monkeys. The monks kinda freaked me out because their chanting reminded me of the Fatal Frame guys

The combat music in that area is insanely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToGguTH30ZQ&t=1s watch the first boss of this