Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
I recently went back and killed the jackal because it was a nightmare mission for nightwave. I remember struggling to farm it for my rhino parts back in the day. Now, with the nightmare mode, I was one-shoting it's legs using my opticor vandal. Every time it stood up it would just fall over again instantly and never even got an attack in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Samuringa posted:

This was the boss that got me to ask someone to please help me because I could not take that amount of bullshit.

Same with the entirety of Uranus, but that one is because there are literally unwinnable missions.

Que?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One of the Uranus tilesets gets hella buggy with exterminate spawns. I always just restart if I make it to that long stretch of underwater with over half the enemies to go.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
you can backtrack and more will spawn. it's tedious - extremely tedious - but it is not unwinnable.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Avynte posted:

One of the Uranus tilesets gets hella buggy with exterminate spawns. I always just restart if I make it to that long stretch of underwater with over half the enemies to go.

They fixed it I think. Now enemies will keep spawning in rooms you are not in.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

exterminates have been changed to endlessly spawn enemies for forever

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They originally had exactly the amount of enemies.

Then they changed it to have way more enemies than actually needed and you'd hit the target way before the end. This was the best.

Now it's tweaked to be 1 but with respawns meaning you can get to the end and have to wait for the jerks to show up.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Usually the last rooms seem to have cranked up spawn rates so if you don't have enough by the end, backtracking a tile or two usually solves the problem.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

They added underwater enemies to Uranus at least. So it should be way better than it was a few months ago.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

F2P loot game has some real bad bits for sure, but I wouldn’t still be playing if it wasn’t for our PC community.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, backtracking fixes it, but if you make the mistake of pubbing it when the spawns break, it's a royal pain to convince everyone to enter the same tile so the new batch spawns. Combine this with the underwater segments getting people lost so they're strewn across the map, the code doesnt play nice. I'll never begrudge someone getting frustrated over Uranus with the jank there.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Perhaps someday no one will have to put up with a jank Uranus

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
My unpopular opinion: Profit Taker is a good boss fight. Sounds like it's a horrible time for non-hardcore solo player but any team with decent communication is a good time. It actually requires coordination to make the fight faster, like switching roles between shooting orbmom and adds. My only problem with it is the loot drop being so unsatisfying compared to Exploiter. Even the constant knockdowns can be mitigated by adjusting your build.

Nightwave should be adjusted to be more like the other syndicates. Keep the long ranking system but make it so you can accumulate points and then purchase the rank up or goodies in the shop. Get rid of wolf creds. So players can rush ranking up and ignore all the goodies except the ones they want like the armor set at the end, or they could buy nitain or helmets if they're just starting. Get rid of the RNG goodie shop. All goodies are available all the time but more of them be made accessable as you rank up. Helmets' availability are based on frame release timeline so Hyldrin and Garuda are at the upper ranks. Nitain is available from the start. Forma packs, slots and potatoes are one time purchases if they don't want players stocking up on them. Like, pepper them in the different ranks so by max rank you only have 4 gold potatoes and 10 blue potatoes, kinda like what you'd expect to get in 10 weeks from previous RNG alert system.

What this would do is make those who don't care about all the goodies except the new stuff could make a beeline for it. Spend all the nightwave points on ranking up and then get the Umbra forma and armor set. So you'd get time much faster than 2/3 of 10 weeks. If you just wanted nitain, you won't have to wait until you get loving wolf creds. All the while you'd still be time-gated by the weekly and daily missions. Everybody wins.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GODDAMMIT ALAD.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Starting to think the f2p loot game might be bad

Uranus and the older boss fights are without a doubt the game's lowest point. A lot of players get turned off by that but I recommend just biting the bullet and suffering through it. Then the game goes back to being fun.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I liked Uranus

Just fix the jank from Sharkwing and it will be good

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Looks like we’re on track for the Fomorian event to pop this weekend or maybe sooner.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Uranus is a mess! Someone needs to dig deep and clean up Uranus!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's actually really simple to ignore uranus* for the most part once you've moved past it in the star chart. occasionally a fissure or whatever might take you there but otherwise it's easy to avoid the crappier tilesets there.

*in a more physical sense please pay attention to your waste as it can clue you in to medical problems before they become bigger issues

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I only do Uranus tiles if they're not defense or extermination. Well unless Tallgeese is on and fishes endlessly for the 1% chance to not get a poo poo tier uranus defense tile.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

metasynthetic posted:

Wow that Nidus augment. Wonder if it scales with duration? Nidus new best crit gun platform.

edit: nm somehow missed it requiring hitting 4 enemies at once. Still pretty cool

it might be 4 enemies with one cast, which is pretty common. it might be every 4th enemy you hit with it, instead.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

does power strength affect the new khora lootdome mod? it seems like a lot of augments are affected by stats without actually showing that anywhere.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
So uh, Atlas's delux has big shoulders

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its a subtle hint to put the gun away and continue punching things

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

today i learned that revenant is part owl

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
Like i said in-game, he's just working some stuff out. He's had a few rough patches

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Seditiar posted:

I only do Uranus tiles if they're not defense or extermination. Well unless Tallgeese is on and fishes endlessly for the 1% chance to not get a poo poo tier uranus defense tile.

I think I might be the only person who actually likes the Uranus cave defense/interception tile, the one from the end of the Natah quest. It's one of my favorite interception maps, up there with the original Earth interception map set in the treetops with walkways and cables everywhere. The Uranus cave tile is varied, but still cramped enough that I can use my Sonar Banshee and just layer everyone everywhere in weak points sixteen levels deep.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I had an exterminate on Uranus once that was basically - two elevator shafts and the domelike room with the circular staircases. Just had to run back and forth 20 times.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I did the very first extermination three times, alone and with goon friends and we could never clear it. Scoured the entire map, not a single enemy after reaching a certain point. Eventually, I was taxied to another node. That was a couple of months ago, maybe it was fixed.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

asterioth posted:

So uh, Atlas's delux has big shoulders

Who the gently caress shoots things as Atlas?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm not a huge fan of the atlas deluxe syandana but the skin and sparring skin are neat as hell and now i just gotta wait for atlas prime who...

should be next??? i think???

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Garuda's 4 really only matters on either stuff so low level that the bleed will kill it, or stuff so high level that her 4 murderizes it up good. She scales amazingly into endgame content

extremely, extremely same

also, in addition to being strong as gently caress, survivable, and the literal best at fashionframe, Khora is now Nekros

Oh poo poo, a Nidus augment that might actually be worth using! Hopefully it's additive.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i saw some preliminary testing of the new nidus augment and it seems to maybe be multiplicative and not additive but at the very least power strength DOES boost the amount

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1115995165896978433

look at that chub boi

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

i saw some preliminary testing of the new nidus augment and it seems to maybe be multiplicative and not additive but at the very least power strength DOES boost the amount

strength. on nidus. meaning that by the time you have max stacks it will be some ridiculous modifier.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bold of them to assume people even have guns equipped as Nidus.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Thermia fractures are back, and it seems like they've kept your progress?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

ElegantFugue posted:

I think I might be the only person who actually likes the Uranus cave defense/interception tile, the one from the end of the Natah quest. It's one of my favorite interception maps, up there with the original Earth interception map set in the treetops with walkways and cables everywhere. The Uranus cave tile is varied, but still cramped enough that I can use my Sonar Banshee and just layer everyone everywhere in weak points sixteen levels deep.

I like Uranus too. :heysexy: I don't even mind the sharkwing segments, though falling through the map being less frequent might be good.

I have inadvertently adopted two newbies: some kid I traded some mods to who asked to add me, and my nephew's cousin. Starting to feel like the Pied Piper of Hamelin. Fun hearing their reactions to stuff you know is coming though.

Pipski fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Apr 11, 2019

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I adopted a newbie earlier when i was using an ignis wraith to clear something quick and they were like “oh my god what is that”

The lesson learned is this: Ignis Wraith bps are very cheap for the small few who can conjure them on demand, so when you turn MR9 and get your free goon BP, ask for a few extra to hand out to clueless newbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I had something similar when I summoned my arch gun and a newbie cried 'I want one!' :3: