Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sludge_McBain
Jul 24, 2012

Whisky not Whiskey
Been a while since i played. Played in multiple beta's and a little bit at release. Looking to get involved again. Any advice welcome (in game and just generally for life)

IGN: Darkken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Sludge_McBain posted:

Been a while since i played. Played in multiple beta's and a little bit at release. Looking to get involved again. Any advice welcome (in game and just generally for life)

IGN: Darkken

Life advice on discord for sure...

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

holy poo poo they finally got an anti-cheat

like 2 years too late, but drat now i can't speed hack with cheat engine

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
The last content update has pretty much revitalized the game:

1. Constant open world content available in the form of random dungeons catering to both small and large groups
2. Significantly reduced grind as these new random dungeons give 2-3x the amount of fame(xp) previously available
3. As more people are out in the open world, the amount of PVP opportunities has skyrocketed as you constantly see 3-10 man groups roaming the map looking for dungeons/trying to carry their loot back to town

Also the game goes free 2 play on April 10th which should bring even more population into the game (new thread time) for max pubbie tear harvesting.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Is there any news on what the f2p restrictions will be? Ive been wanting to give this a shot for a long time but not willing to pay money for it. If they implement a reasonable f2p system I think I will finally install it and give it a go.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

CoffeeBooze posted:

Is there any news on what the f2p restrictions will be? Ive been wanting to give this a shot for a long time but not willing to pay money for it. If they implement a reasonable f2p system I think I will finally install it and give it a go.

Theres no restrictions as far as I know -- there will still exist the "premium" status for characters which is purchasable through both in game silver and/or IRL $ which allows you to level faster, make more silver in game etc. I also think after completing the tutorial as a f2p player you will get 3 free days of this premium status.

rabbotic
Mar 8, 2019

Business Man
I've had the game for 10 days and I've been able to participate in large guild fights and end game dungeons almost right from the start.

Here's a video from the enemy guilds perspective of us diving their territory.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AttractiveTawdryRamenYee

This was just one of about six large fights from last night.

If you want more chill gameplay there's also crafting and the private island system which I haven't even really looked in to yet.

Now is a great time to get in to the game. If anyone is waiting for it to go f2p that's cool but the starter packs are 33% off at the moment. The premium and gold you get pays for itself easily, not to mention on April 10th they're giving away another 1k gold to anyone who bought a starter pack before they're discontinued.

https://albiononline.com/en/shop/

:frogsiren: Help Goons take over Albion :frogsiren:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FormerFatty posted:

The last content update has pretty much revitalized the game:

so you admit it was dead before?

i'm checking it out right now to see if it's worth pursuing once it goes f2p

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

rabbotic posted:

I've had the game for 10 days and I've been able to participate in large guild fights and end game dungeons almost right from the start.

Here's a video from the enemy guilds perspective of us diving their territory.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AttractiveTawdryRamenYee

This was just one of about six large fights from last night.

If you want more chill gameplay there's also crafting and the private island system which I haven't even really looked in to yet.

Now is a great time to get in to the game. If anyone is waiting for it to go f2p that's cool but the starter packs are 33% off at the moment. The premium and gold you get pays for itself easily, not to mention on April 10th they're giving away another 1k gold to anyone who bought a starter pack before they're discontinued.

https://albiononline.com/en/shop/

:frogsiren: Help Goons take over Albion :frogsiren:

Well said -- you seemed to pick up the game quickly and in 10 days have become a killer with us, praise be.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

so you admit it was dead before?

Holy poo poo dude just let it go.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

CoffeeBooze posted:

Holy poo poo dude just let it go.

relax buddy, just thought it was funny everyone spent the last 6 months defending this game that totally wasn't dead, and now everyone is saying "oh the game is good again come back!" all of a sudden

no hate, i'm playing right now and killing people and bring my boys for the f2p launch

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
did you seriously just tell globby of all people to log off? what did you expect

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
praise be

rabbotic
Mar 8, 2019

Business Man

Matty posted:

praise be

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

Discord channel link in main post does not work. Can I get a new one, I just came back and I miss the fatman's voice.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

what's the secret to finding people, ran around for 30 minutes and only found 3 fights, one guy in a yellow zone that had no idea what was going on around him, a guy gathering in t4(worthless kill) and another gatherer who knew that flee+remount can escape 3 or fewer people

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

what's the secret to finding people, ran around for 30 minutes and only found 3 fights, one guy in a yellow zone that had no idea what was going on around him, a guy gathering in t4(worthless kill) and another gatherer who knew that flee+remount can escape 3 or fewer people

Go to Mercia

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

DanoTuka posted:

Discord channel link in main post does not work. Can I get a new one, I just came back and I miss the fatman's voice.

Same, how is the guild doing? The discord link is dead, I just got a free copy of this game after posting in here asking if it was good two years ago, and the referral link says "help us out" but I wonder if it's just glutt getting an extra 2 dollars a month if I use it

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

extra stout posted:

Same, how is the guild doing? The discord link is dead, I just got a free copy of this game after posting in here asking if it was good two years ago, and the referral link says "help us out" but I wonder if it's just glutt getting an extra 2 dollars a month if I use it

I fixed the discord links -- also you can always just add me on discord: GluttonySDS#0952

The guild is strong -- we're probably the 2nd strongest open world PVP guild right now which is not bad for shithead trashcans. The referral just gives me some extra gold so I can give fellow guild trashcans free direwolves (fast mounts used for catching) when people die like bads.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
This game owns and it's about to be in some kind of bonus xp/fame mode for the next 10 days, the starter pack is on sale for $19 and change on their website or on steam, check it out folks

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

So I've been looking at reviews for this game and people keep saying that its pay to win is that true at all?

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

Raioner posted:

So I've been looking at reviews for this game and people keep saying that its pay to win is that true at all?

No, not at all. You can spend dollars to buy golds but you can't use the best stuff unless you earn the xp to do so.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

DanoTuka posted:

No, not at all. You can spend dollars to buy golds but you can't use the best stuff unless you earn the xp to do so.

But once you earn the xp you have to buy gear with gold? Isn't that just adding in a barrier to be able to pay to win and get items?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Raioner posted:

But once you earn the xp you have to buy gear with gold? Isn't that just adding in a barrier to be able to pay to win and get items?

Game isnt pay to win at all -- you can buy the best gear but you will still get poo poo on if you dont know how to play (gear level isnt nearly as important as PVP skill level/numbers/char experience/etc.)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

You can pay to win the best gear and all progression instantly

Dont lie to the poor man.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself
Hello I am TheSlayer and I am bad at games

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Same

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

You guys are both The Slayer? Thats tyte

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

In my search for a new mmo I think Ive been peer pressured into downloading this. Ingame name is YubYub, Discord name is Roland .

Tim Jong-un fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 7, 2019

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Picked this up because it looked like somewhat mindless fun and I'm always down for pubbie tears and PVP. I joined the discord, and I'm Grimhowl both there and in game.

Should I hold off on picking up my starter pack rewards until I'm in goon territory, or am I basically good to grab it immediately? I would figure premium is the one thing people can't loot from me when I die, but you never know. Maybe it works like PLEX or something.

rabbotic
Mar 8, 2019

Business Man

Zaodai posted:

Picked this up because it looked like somewhat mindless fun and I'm always down for pubbie tears and PVP. I joined the discord, and I'm Grimhowl both there and in game.

Should I hold off on picking up my starter pack rewards until I'm in goon territory, or am I basically good to grab it immediately? I would figure premium is the one thing people can't loot from me when I die, but you never know. Maybe it works like PLEX or something.

It depends on the starter pack, if it came with armor and mounts those can be looted. Gold, silver and premium cannot be looted.

rabbotic
Mar 8, 2019

Business Man
:frogsiren: Albion is going free to play tomorrow! :frogsiren:

Join Awful Company for free in game weed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pOfv-95biE

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
AO goes f2p TOMORROW (lol at goons of all people having problems with a paywall before)

If you wish to join us, talk to gluttonysds (GluttonySDS
#0952) https://discord.gg/YsYTWcb

our guild was #1 in pvp fame last week and is usually #2-3 every week, so we kill a ton of dudes

come be a part of this:

Matty fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 9, 2019

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Does Glut still drop n-bombs like he's 15 years old?

Tempted to play again, but last time I joined up(at the failure of a launch) the guild was more like a dictatorship and less like a group of chill folks who want to break the spirits of nerds who take this game too seriously.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

the issue with the game is that there isn't the player density nor reason to go out with expensive poo poo to make make 'breaking spirits' worth your time, other games will give you much more gains with much less effort (see: rust)

Halibut, the Destroyer
Nov 30, 2001
I'd like to participate in this.

IGN: jaaybee

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

PsychicToaster posted:

Does Glut still drop n-bombs like he's 15 years old?

Tempted to play again, but last time I joined up(at the failure of a launch) the guild was more like a dictatorship and less like a group of chill folks who want to break the spirits of nerds who take this game too seriously.

hi pt, the last time i shared comms with glutt, he was fine. otoh the guild is filled with pubbies by necessity so yeah theres gonna be a lot of shitheads. when i played with TC last, i just filled up my mute list nbd. the dictatorship thing is probably necessary unless you want to solely stay in the red zones. i dont think you can both be gvg competitve and laissez-faire about an alliance of 3k fortnite players

if there were 20-50ish regularly online goons who wanted to bother with the whole multiple accounts needed to cycle through so you can dodge red zone reputation ruination, id start up a red zone only small gang gank guild. fwiw post april 10 launch looks more active in the red. we'll see how it goes after a few weeks

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012
Glutt is way more chill now that he's fluent in Portuguese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Raioner posted:

Not really. You can buy gold with $$ and turn that into in-game silver, sure. But since it's a full loot PvP game this doesn't really give you any lasting advantage. If you consider this pay to win, games like EVE Online, WoW etc are significantly more pay to win then. The business model is very consumer friendly tbh.