Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Don't worry, Cleave getting buffed next patch so you're gonna see a ton of idiots running around with limp 2handers trying to carve things.

I on the other hand will be gloriously charging into battle with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

ukrainius maximus posted:

I think my problem is I read guides about the numerical best builds and I need to just mostly ignore that and play what I find fun. Magic is still a huge letdown for me in this game, I just don't find the staff stuff very cool.

I rolled up a Nord templar with the thought of going with 2 hander so if you say it's fun I'm going to just go with it and enjoy the game.

Yeah, my problem starting out was I went by the guides too much. It made me a wrecking machine, but I hated having the DW/bow combo on my stamsorc. Once I got enough skill points I just took all the DW and 2h skills and switch back and forth depending on what I need. I just like the look of the 2h weapons on a big Nord.

Drothmar
Feb 18, 2015

Hey folks,

So about 3 weeks ago a 2 friends picked up the game and intrigued me enough to finally give it a try.....I am loving the gently caress out of this game. It really does feel like playing an ES game when I first started. I'm about to hit 50 tonight and am playing a Templar healer. It's probably the funnest healing class I've ever played. If there's still room in the NA guild I'm @Drothmar.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the end game looks like and playing with folks. This is probably the most social MMO I've played in some time as well. I've talked more in random dungeons than I have in years and have actually added people to my friends list to play with again. Incredible.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

my pugs rarely talk about anything but business.

"hs" "chest" "lf medium/divines helm" "GO CLEAR THE DEBUFF WHEN HE PUTS YOU IN THE BUBBLE" "DPS you need to burn adds!" "tyfg"

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Pivo posted:

"hs" "chest" "lf medium/divines helm" "GO CLEAR THE DEBUFF WHEN HE PUTS YOU IN THE BUBBLE" "DPS you need to burn adds!" "tyfg"

Hey, I think you were in my group!

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w
That's weird, when I run dungeons all my teammates just keep spamming "GET OUT OF THE FIRE" and it's so annoying. But then if I do it to they leave. Jerks.

Drothmar
Feb 18, 2015

lol I think I've been lucky but I've also asked how healing has been when I was doing dungeons early on and I noticed they were 100+cp so I figured they had been around enough to give an honest opinion.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Finally got one of my characters to 50. If there's any room in the guild I'd love to get in on that. @ScreaminCheese NA/PC

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
In the vein of 'wanna do what I wanna do,' what do Sorcerer's daedric pets scale with? I'm doing stamsorc and would love to have a little buddy around with me if it isn't, like, going to murder my DPS keeping one out.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Scale with Max Magicka

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Remember if you want to bar swap with sorc pets it takes up an ability on both bars. I don’t think pets can be a hobby for stamsorc. But I am a relative noob - just petsorc is my build.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
does the clannfear not scale with stamina?

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Their heal ability scales off max health it looks like.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Basically, look at the power, when you press it, does it cost green or blue?

That's what it scales with, and why real hybrids builds don't work!

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Aramek posted:

Basically, look at the power, when you press it, does it cost green or blue?

That's what it scales with, and why real hybrids builds don't work!

I'm the one, that one that misses stat caps back at launch when Hybrid builds were viable.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Conskill posted:

In the vein of 'wanna do what I wanna do,' what do Sorcerer's daedric pets scale with? I'm doing stamsorc and would love to have a little buddy around with me if it isn't, like, going to murder my DPS keeping one out.

The Clannfear does work well for a stamsorc tank, like Pivo said the heal scales off your max health and the summoning passives will give you a 20% boost to health/stam recovery and +8% max health.

Ravos
Jul 28, 2012

Wealth beyond measure, outlander.
Been playing for a few months, really like it so far. I've almost entirely stuck to solo questing, but am getting more interested in social/grouping stuff. Level 43 Warden. Can I get an invite @mrgood1000? Thanks so much!

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Ravos posted:

Been playing for a few months, really like it so far. I've almost entirely stuck to solo questing, but am getting more interested in social/grouping stuff. Level 43 Warden. Can I get an invite @mrgood1000? Thanks so much!

invites caught up to this point.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Bonapartisan posted:

invites caught up to this point.

Can I get a guild invite? @JamieLeece

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

what are the average queue times to get in a dungeon as dps on ps4? trying to start doing dungeons for the first time and i give up after 5 minutes and waited longer than 15 once with nothing. i didnt even get to experience getting booted for not having the right build yet :negative:

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Not on PS4 but you can expect 15-45 mins or so depending on how busy the DPS queue is.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people want to DPS in dungeons so there's a long line.

You can go around and do other things while you wait for your turn though. If you have a block of time to play queue up right when you get on and go do other stuff until it's ready.

Otherwise you can try healing or tanking (which isn't too difficult tbh) to shorten those times.

Makes it hard if you only have 30-45 mins to play though.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

I have waited as long as 1h20m for a solo DPS queue (but usually ~20min).

That being said, if you group up with even ONE other DPS, you'll get in much quicker, on the order of 5min or less in my experience. If you group with a tank or a healer, you get in almost immediately.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

hey guys i keep bouncing off this game but want to try again, especially with elsewhyr and poo poo on the horizon. what's the new hotness class wise currently? I saw some bow poo poo that looks dope now and last time i was playing bows werent grat.

edit: oh poo poo there's an event on too, is it 2x exp pretty much for the next few weeks?

edit2: how are wardens?

queeb fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 11, 2019

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
New hotness class depends largely on what you want to do. All classes are pretty solid for DPS now in either a stamina or magicka variety (aside from the poor magicka warden). Nightblades are still arguably a bit ahead of the other classes though in either flavor. Best tanks are still Dragonknights, with Wardens right behind. Best healers are Templars, with (again) Wardens right behind. Sorcerer healers are apparently pretty boss and fun to play these days too, but I haven't tried it out myself.

All that said, any class can fill any role. I tend to DPS on a Nightblade...and I also tank on a Nightblade. Play what you find fun and you can make it effective in whatever role you choose.

Yes, it's double XP for the next month or so with the Jubilee Cake memento.

Wardens are great in any role, particularly as healers, tanks, or stamina DPS. They're monsters in PvP. Their magicka DPS specs are lagging behind a bit though.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

warden sounds great. how does respeccing work? like i love tanking/healing so if I level a warden, can you like.. talent swap into healing and tanking and back to DPS? or is it a seperate character kinda of thing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

queeb posted:

warden sounds great. how does respeccing work? like i love tanking/healing so if I level a warden, can you like.. talent swap into healing and tanking and back to DPS? or is it a seperate character kinda of thing.

Just have enough skillpoints to put into the appropriate lines.

Example: For tanking you'll want to spec all your attributes into Stamina, run medium armor for your actual solo/dps stuff, and have a full set of tanking gear (Heavy Armor/Sword and Shield) for tanking.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Pretty much. And yes, you can respec everything about your character (except class) whenever for a gold fee. One of my Nightblades has been respecced countless times; she began as a tank, became a healer, became a magicka DPS, became a stamina PvP DPS, and now back to tank.

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

Beefeater posted:

Pretty much. And yes, you can respec everything about your character (except class) whenever for a gold fee. One of my Nightblades has been respecced countless times; she began as a tank, became a healer, became a magicka DPS, became a stamina PvP DPS, and now back to tank.

It's 50 whole gold per skill point for respeccing. That's 7500 gold if you have 150 skill points which is probably enough to get everything you want for dps & tanking. Don't worry about respeccing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

150 won't cut it, my tanks have a bare minimum of 180-190 because of passives and support skills.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I have 160-something iirc and have spent them all and wish i had a bunch more and im a casual that only solos, on a magplar

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Anime and Weed, what else do you need?
Is there a class that allows you to dps a fair bit while healing? All the healers in xiv let you put out pretty decent damage numbers while healing in dungeons / raids and I really enjoyed that.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

did you know you can just like be a skeleton in this game. Its not even a hard quest, you can just go there and do it and be a skeleton. Somehow everyone's not a skeleton all the time, so I guess they dont know about it. Im going to be a skeleton all the time, though

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

drink slurm posted:

Is there a class that allows you to dps a fair bit while healing? All the healers in xiv let you put out pretty decent damage numbers while healing in dungeons / raids and I really enjoyed that.

if youre running stamina you can pvp in cyrodil until you rank up your assault skill enough to unlock vigor which is a good stamina heal that can fit into any class

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

purple death ray posted:

did you know you can just like be a skeleton in this game. Its not even a hard quest, you can just go there and do it and be a skeleton. Somehow everyone's not a skeleton all the time, so I guess they dont know about it. Im going to be a skeleton all the time, though

I am often a skeleton when I am sneaking around. I figure nobody will know who is doing the crimes because Skeleton.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

purple death ray posted:

did you know you can just like be a skeleton in this game.

I did not. Please elaborate. I too would like to be a skeleton.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I would like to second this request for elaboration

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Is this a popular game mostly free of bethesda's latest poopery?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I would like to second this request for elaboration

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Bargain%27s_End

Dpulex posted:

Is this a popular game mostly free of bethesda's latest poopery?

Well for one it's made by zenimax online studios, so it's relatively poop free.

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes

No joke, I started playing this game more than once a month after I got the skeleton. I logon nearly daily now just to be spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
welp, gotta find a reason to get to Black Marsh now