Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Didnt 3rd rock from the sun make these blue dude jokes 20 years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

KoRMaK posted:

Too late, I now see through the bit and that observational comedy is objectively not funny. Can't unwind that kind of revelation

Man, hate the style of humor all you want. I have no opinion on that one way or the other. I'm just pissed that blatant misinterpretations of facts get passed around as objective truths without anyone bothering to put even the barest amount of research into them.

anyway, memes:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
TV:

Fister Roboto posted:

Blue alien: What is the purpose of these complimentary aviation vehicle legumes? *laugh track*

Blue alien 1: yes I too shall laugh
Blue alien 2: but not as much as they do
Blue alien 3: it is the thought that counts

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Except when it turns out the person being Milkshake ducked is innocent.

Turns out the anit-abortion tweet is from two years ago, and was a retweet from a girlfriend whom he has since broken up with. Since then Nathan W. Pyle (AKA alien comic dude) has gone on to make no anti-abortion statements on social media, and has instead supported things like metoo, black lives matter, criticism of Donald Trump, criticism of misogynistic men, and a bunch of other stuff like that.

I understand getting upset about this, I got upset too this is an issue I care a lot about. However, when when I took a closer look it turns out that one tweet isn't actually representative of a larger pattern in this guys behavior. Best I can tell, this seems to be a James Gunn situation where a past mistake is dug up to punish and discredit someone on the left.

I appreciate this, because social media is awful and I know people can change for the better, so I'm glad someone can bring up that maybe the milkshake duck has moved on and bettered himself.

Memento posted:

This will always be my favourite Peppa Pig music player video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlcjMgbo9w

...However, this is great and the best post within the past several pages of this thread.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Peppa pig. If your workplace tolerates this you might want to sit down and reconsider some choices you made.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8nogqtjN3Go

If you think this is funny you might want to sit down and reconsider some choices you made. What am I doing with my life

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 07:26 on Apr 11, 2019

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Peppa pig. If your workplace tolerates this you might want to sit down and reconsider some choices you made.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8nogqtjN3Go

If you think this is funny you might want to sit down and reconsider some choices you made. What am I doing with my life

This is some Newgrounds-circa-2002 level poo poo

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yes. Why am I laughing at this. I need a drink.

Wait. I got more poo poo.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 07:43 on Apr 11, 2019

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

bike tory posted:

This is some Newgrounds-circa-2002 level poo poo

Surprise nasheeds/jihad is funny. Too bad it goes too long.

https://twitter.com/honker3d/status/1115011440212049920

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that isn't even where a dog's nipples are. jesus

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

JcDent posted:

Surprise nasheeds/jihad is funny. Too bad it goes too long.

Congrats on ur lovely sense of humour I guess

Content:

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Best I can tell, this seems to be a James Gunn situation where a past mistake is dug up to punish and discredit someone on the left.

It's funny how we as a global society decided to retroactively make things from the past on the internet "matter", when back then the internet-norm was that nothing you posted really mattered.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What gets me with that peppa one is they use an ISIS perversion made to sound like a nasheed, called clashing sabers or some shite like that, specifically made to rally murderous fucks to human rights violations, genocide, rape, torture, slave mongering, and honest to god rightup literal cannnibalism. Anything that's made to ridicule and thwart these recruitment efforts is a boon to mankind. And it has gently caress all to do with peppa pig. I love peppa pig she's great. So I love that they're loving with ISIS, I laugh like a simpleton at the sheer dumbassery of it, and it gets me thinking about rape tourture genocide, so now suddenly I have one half of my brain going gently caress you brain stop laughing this isn't funny, and the other half going gently caress yeah it is well done, and a third half going what the gently caress, and another half going what the hell are you people doing, and the sixth half going you know what gently caress you guys I'm going home.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Solar Tornado posted:

It's funny how we as a global society decided to retroactively make things from the past on the internet "matter", when back then the internet-norm was that nothing you posted really mattered.

It's because basically nothing since 2007 has mattered and the world has continued to get worse, so we're trying to force significance on everything that has or will ever happened as a coping mechanism for the futility of existence

Memes getting LIT though

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

What gets me with that peppa one is they use an ISIS perversion made to sound like a nasheed, called clashing sabers or some shite like that, specifically made to rally murderous fucks to human rights violations, genocide, rape, torture, slave mongering, and honest to god rightup literal cannnibalism. Anything that's made to ridicule and thwart these recruitment efforts is a boon to mankind. And it has gently caress all to do with peppa pig. I love peppa pig she's great. So I love that they're loving with ISIS, I laugh like a simpleton at the sheer dumbassery of it, and it gets me thinking about rape tourture genocide, so now suddenly I have one half of my brain going gently caress you brain stop laughing this isn't funny, and the other half going gently caress yeah it is well done, and a third half going what the gently caress, and another half going what the hell are you people doing, and the sixth half going you know what gently caress you guys I'm going home.

source you are quotes

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/JewOnYourFloor/status/993679295267520512

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Syncopated posted:

source you are quotes

I made it up myself, on the spot, thank you, thank you. You are too kind.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
thinkin bout that blussy

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Except when it turns out the person being Milkshake ducked is innocent.

Turns out the anit-abortion tweet is from two years ago, and was a retweet from a girlfriend whom he has since broken up with. Since then Nathan W. Pyle (AKA alien comic dude) has gone on to make no anti-abortion statements on social media, and has instead supported things like metoo, black lives matter, criticism of Donald Trump, criticism of misogynistic men, and a bunch of other stuff like that.

Literally none of these things are at odds with being anti-abortion.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's because basically nothing since 2007 has mattered and the world has continued to get worse, so we're trying to force significance on everything that has or will ever happened as a coping mechanism for the futility of existence

Memes getting LIT though

I'm just baffled how pre-2007 anyone who posted edgy poo poo was called a troll, but now he'd be called "alt-right". We have to tack a political ulterior motive to every shitpost like it matters.

Tldr: the internet went to poo poo once memes became weaponized

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
In our ignorance we spread this poo poo everywhere. It's in the ground water. It will cause misery in generations to come.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Someone should secure this poo poo and contain it. For protection.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Truly, atheists is the most persecuted minority.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Truly, atheists gamers is the most persecuted minority.

Bottom text

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Ah, back to the ol' "lol caring is for stupids" flavor of SA.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just found out that the barista at the local coffee place is an anarcho-capitalist libertarian. Five years ago in a private conversation they literally said 'taxation is theft'! Can't buy coffee there anymore, obviously, so I've left a passive-aggressive note for them explaining why. I'll take my business elsewhere, thank you very much. I like public roads, unlike some individuals!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Solar Tornado posted:

I'm just baffled how pre-2007 anyone who posted edgy poo poo was called a troll, but now he'd be called "alt-right". We have to tack a political ulterior motive to every shitpost like it matters.

The post in question, which he confirmed in a more recent post that he still agrees with because it's part of his Christian faith, was made in 2017. I know that in Trump's America every single femtosecond feels like a quadrillion years but in reality thats not that long ago. And it was certainly made well, well after a time when internet posts started to matter.

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Apr 11, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I know that we're all trying to cling to some sort of flotsam in this whirlpool we call life but y'all can do way better than "Autism Joke: the comic"

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Apr 11, 2019

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Like DiCaprio in that one movie where he takes one look at that plank and goes ugh no

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Paladinus posted:

Just found out that the barista at the local coffee place is an anarcho-capitalist libertarian. Five years ago in a private conversation they literally said 'taxation is theft'! Can't buy coffee there anymore, obviously, so I've left a passive-aggressive note for them explaining why. I'll take my business elsewhere, thank you very much. I like public roads, unlike some individuals!

Ok but why were you going to a coffee shop where the coffee was just stale piss?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
those of refined palate prefer their piss nicely aged, rather than drink it raw like an animal

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Ok but why were you going to a coffee shop where the coffee was just stale piss?

Only bespoke artisanal piss for me. That's why this revelation weighs so heavily on my conscious.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

Who What Now posted:

The post in question, which he confirmed in a more recent post that he still agrees with because it's part of his Christian faith, was made in 2017. I know that in Trump's America every single femtosecond feels like a quadrillion years but in reality thats not that long ago. And it was certainly made well, well after a time when internet posts started to matter.

Should've clarified that my original post was aimed at the James Gunn twitter scandal, which were tweets made between 09~12, sorry.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Sekiro is hard as hell and there’s too many places to go and I’m confused about where and what I’m going and doing and I’m not really having actual fun

8/10

try horse
but hole

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Solar Tornado posted:

lol jesus

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

none horse
left hole

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

This is amazing and also kinda dark. I love it.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Paladinus posted:

I dunno why you used a neutral pronoun when we all know that only straight white dudes can be affected by anarcho-capitalist brain worms and libertarian blood-ghosts.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I didn't realize libertarianism was a symptom of blood ghosts. They should do cocaine about it.