Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
I still listen to I4H. May start listening to In Voorhees we Trust, but I'd like to watch the movies before hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the martha kelly episode of hollywood handbook was very good.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ManoliIsFat posted:

The Brody episodes were heavy, he spent the last like month talking solely about that.

What? I had no idea Brody Stevens died.
Guess I was away from this thread at the end of February. Can't recall any mention on CBB.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 10, 2019

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Teenage Fansub posted:

What? I had no idea Brody Stevens died.
Guess I was away from this thread at the end of February. Can't recall any mention on CBB.

I only found out from a joke in Action Boyz like two weeks ago

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I've listened to half of CBB for the last two years. It used to be my favorite show.

I just don't like improvised interviews any more.

I like i4h, Hollywood handbook, and Threedom

E: is actionboyz good? I love the high and mighty eps

crimedog fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 10, 2019

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Outside of CBB and HH I don't listen to a ton of Earwolf these days...Stitcher Premium stuff yes, but not really any of the main feed stuff.

cams posted:

the martha kelly episode of hollywood handbook was very good.

I laughed very, very hard when they looped back around on the bean thing at the end.

crimedog posted:

E: is actionboyz good? I love the high and mighty eps

Action Boyz is very good. Every episode just kind of snowballs into the next, adding character voices and references that pop up week after week, so what started as a relatively straightforward movie podcast is now a 2+ hour stream-of-consciousness riff session.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I only really do HH/Pro and I4H as regular listens, with CBB as an occasional listen if I like the lineup.

And yeah, I missed the Brody news until the end of an I4H ep a couple weeks back when Matt gave a little tribute.I think it was after the final ad, though, and I only heard it because I was in the shower and couldn't turn the podcast off. Definitely almost passed me by.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Fiendly posted:

I only found out from a joke in Action Boyz like two weeks ago

Lmao

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Hell yeah new R U Talkin REM RE:me. Aside from that I listen to all the HH and 3/4 of CBB.

I used to love I4H, I should check it out again.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Devonaut posted:

Hell yeah new R U Talkin REM RE:me

Ooh, thank you for mentioning this. I didn't get a notice through Stitcher, and I'd have missed this otherwise.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Does anyone here even listen to Earwolf pods besides HH and CBB these days?

I still listen to HDTGM. Also James Bonding, though I hope they do something besides commentary and fantasy Bond again soon.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'd be into them reading and reviewing Bond novels, video games, spinoffs, etc. But I don't really care about their fantasy theme park ideas. And also I don't care about Matt Mira or his opinions and I'd prefer not to hear his voice.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah, the difference between Mira and Gourley is lightyears. There was one recent episode where Gourley did some joke and Mira tried to continue it and just trailed off into silence, and then Gourley took up the slack, and I just thought how good a metaphor for the show overall that was.

I keep hoping for them to do the Bond books and games too, especially since they've mentioned wanting to do those multiple times. I feel like Everything or Nothing would lead to a solid episode.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
By the way, I tried listening to Inside Video Games, and somehow, even with a 15 minute run-time, it was trash.

It was supposed to be Engineer Brett talking about his love for Adventure games, cuz he grew up loving LucasArts and Sierra's old adventure games, which sounds awesome. Instead, the host spent the majority of the run-time talking to Brett about how Brett doesn't follow him on twitter. When Brett actually got to talk about games he likes, the host interrupted him every time to gaslight him about how he considers Resident Evil 2 an adventure game. Brett politely tries to correct him every time and explain the differences, but the dude brings it up every. loving. time. Brett. talked.

Infuriating. Skip it at all cost. Cancel the show, delete the episodes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Never heard of that show but I love adventure games and I find Brett to be an engaging presence. Bummer.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

By the way, I tried listening to Inside Video Games, and somehow, even with a 15 minute run-time, it was trash.

It was supposed to be Engineer Brett talking about his love for Adventure games, cuz he grew up loving LucasArts and Sierra's old adventure games, which sounds awesome. Instead, the host spent the majority of the run-time talking to Brett about how Brett doesn't follow him on twitter. When Brett actually got to talk about games he likes, the host interrupted him every time to gaslight him about how he considers Resident Evil 2 an adventure game. Brett politely tries to correct him every time and explain the differences, but the dude brings it up every. loving. time. Brett. talked.

Infuriating. Skip it at all cost. Cancel the show, delete the episodes.

God, for some reason I hate Brett. I'm sure it's a mixture of jealousy and professional quibbles I've had over the years that have stuck with me.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

honestly I wasn't really in any rush to listen to July from Earwolf's video game podcast

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

honestly I wasn't really in any rush to listen to July from Earwolf's video game podcast

"Shoutout to my game heads."

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Sean and Hayes are on their favorite podcast, Raised By TV, today.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I love how Lapkus and Gabrus start going down a youtube video hole and Hayes is politely trying to steer the ship back to tv conversation. Made me laugh a lot.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I love how Lapkus and Gabrus start going down a youtube video hole and Hayes is politely trying to steer the ship back to tv conversation. Made me laugh a lot.

"The Orator" is more than a nickname

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The Larry Charles episode last week was real great!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I listen to CBB, HH, I4H, and Who Charted if it is a guest I like. Then the Flagrant Ones. I probably should subscribe to Stitcher because I really liked Teacher's Lounge and Threedom.

In other Flagrant news, the Utah Jazz stealing those colors like the Elgin Marbles of our time.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
No one has mentioned Off Book yet which means you all hate music and animals.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I do not like to hear them singing.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
My issue with Off Book is bad comedic timing, particularly due to the hosts forcing a lot of repetitions of the chorus. What made Hayes and Sean such great guests in their episode is that they kept doing comedy over the chorus, which few guests do.

Also, new Threedom is up

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Fiendly posted:

My issue with Off Book is bad comedic timing, particularly due to the hosts forcing a lot of repetitions of the chorus. What made Hayes and Sean such great guests in their episode is that they kept doing comedy over the chorus, which few guests do.

Also, new Threedom is up

They do the repetitive choruses to give the guest time to think. They happen a lot less with guests who click.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I had to unsub from Off Book cause I ended up 30+ eps behind and accepted that I'd never catch up.

Bring back Professor Blastoff!!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh yeah, I listen to Off Book when it's a guest I know. It feels a lot like early Spont, still: fun, charming, but a bit too long for how loose it is. I think they could benefit from having more repeat guests who are particularly comfortable with the format. Spont worked great as soon as it found its regular players, but with Off Book it feels like they're consistently hitting the reset button with guests who are nervous whether or not they'll pull it off.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

For sure but they're still figuring that out. Taylor Ortega was incredible last week and that was her first appearance on any Earwolf show. Off Book is a specific thing but when it clicks it clicks. PFT, Nicole Parker, and Tawny Newsome are unsurprisingly some of best return guests. But when someone commits who's uncomfortable with the format like Gabrus there's gold there too.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 11, 2019

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I should listen to more Off Book, I really did not think I would care for it but every time I have checked it out I've been impressed.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I tried giving the Larry Charles episode a listen after finishing The Boys. Had to give up after listening to them watching 15 seconds of some fan-made Get Smart music video before catching on. How are they so incredibly bad at Youtube? Are they my parents?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I have a big backlog of podcast episodes at the moment but I might check out Off Book when I burn through them. I do really like Jessica McKenna. Are there any particular standout episodes?

I forgot that I do listen to Unspooled on the episodes when they cover a movie that I'm interested in.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Unspooled is great. Casual tone, usually enthusiastic, but they usually always bring an interesting story or insight into the film. The guest interviews they get can be a little lame, but that's a small complaint.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Chairman Capone posted:

I have a big backlog of podcast episodes at the moment but I might check out Off Book when I burn through them. I do really like Jessica McKenna. Are there any particular standout episodes?

I forgot that I do listen to Unspooled on the episodes when they cover a movie that I'm interested in.

I've returned to the very first episode with PFT multiple times.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Teenage Fansub posted:

Bring back Professor Blastoff!!

This would make me so happy. There's no podcast I'd rather see revived.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This week on The Flagrant Ones:

A past guest returns with a new job.

Andy attempts to do a little James Bonding with The Boys.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I like Off Book and check out an episode once in a while but I found when it first came out if I listen to it every week I start picking up and really concentrating on the tricks they use to make musical improv work. I prefer to just check in once in a while and be impressed by their ability.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The videotaped Off Book episode on YouTube is a pretty good one to check out for people who've not listened before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivf58k53nu0

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

I tried giving the Larry Charles episode a listen after finishing The Boys. Had to give up after listening to them watching 15 seconds of some fan-made Get Smart music video before catching on. How are they so incredibly bad at Youtube? Are they my parents?
In the episode this week, Hayes says something like "It's so annoying watching people Google" and it had me bussin up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

This week on The Flagrant Ones:

A past guest returns with a new job.

Andy attempts to do a little James Bonding with The Boys.

The funniest thing about TFO so far to me is how awful they've been at figuring out wtf they're doing about the t-shirts, and the complete lack of progress on the mythical shot callers tier.