Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LadyPictureShow posted:

Someone in the old TVIV thread mentioned when Jon and crew went ranging beyond the wall in S7, it was totally a RPG party. IIRC, it was something like

Jon (Ranger), Thoros (Cleric), Berric (Paladin), Tormund (berserker), Hound (Tank), Jorah (Knight).

IDK what job class Gendry would be, but drat if he didn't have the 'flee' command in his arsenal.

Gendry: born a bastard, spent a lifetime avoiding the gold cloaks, stole from his master's shop, hopped a boat with a smuggler, joined the party, didn't fight, ran like hell.

That there is a Thief class if I've ever seen one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
He sneak attacked a guy with a hammer once.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
With critical damage.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Gendry: born a bastard, spent a lifetime avoiding the gold cloaks, stole from his master's shop, hopped a boat with a smuggler, joined the party, didn't fight, ran like hell.

That there is a Thief class if I've ever seen one.

:aaa: you're right! I was going to say thief just in the merit of the 'flee' thing, but I remembered nothing else about Gendry, aside from 'lol he's been rowing for four seasons' jokes. And I was like 'hmm thiefs don't use hammers!' :downs:

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 11, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gendry is dark of hair. He also got to see Mel's boobs. Right now I think only three characters that have seen Mel's boobs are alive.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gendry is dark of hair. He also got to see Mel's boobs. Right now I think only three characters that have seen Mel's boobs are alive.

he resisted the boobs so it's another achievement unlocked.

Also the fastest rower Westeros

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Really weird thing, if you watch game of thrones again, Tommen actually gets murdered in the third season by one of the north lords. Not sure how the series continues after this

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

ethanol posted:

Really weird thing, if you watch game of thrones again, Tommen actually gets murdered in the third season by one of the north lords. Not sure how the series continues after this

Timecube.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

ethanol posted:

For god only knows what reason Tommen had a different actor in the first two seasons, and the actor that went on to play 'important Tommen' had that bit part in S3 as a minor cousin that got murdered.

For some reason they decided to boot original Tommen, and 'dead minor cousin''s actor became new Tommen.

Is there even a throwaway line, like 'Wow, you look so much like dead cousin so-and-so these days!'? Maybe the show-runners figured nobody would remember the exact same kid showed up the previous season and got murdered.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

LadyPictureShow posted:

For god only knows what reason Tommen had a different actor in the first two seasons

It was puberty, they’d probably have done the same to bran if he didn’t have so much screen time

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It was puberty, they’d probably have done the same to bran if he didn’t have so much screen time

I was wondering if it had to do with the original actor's age, and the show-runners deciding they needed him 'aged-up' because of the plots the character was involved in or aged down if the original actor was too old by then (IDK how old either of the Tommen's were in relation to each other by that point).

I know at least with some of the adult characters like Beric, they changed the actor when he was a more plot-Central character.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 11, 2019

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Colonel Cancer posted:

Dwight Schrewt, Foot of the King

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

LadyPictureShow posted:

I know at least with some of the adult characters like Beric, they changed the actor when he was a more plot-Central character.

RIP Old Daario, pissed the studio off so much they rubbed it in by not even being subtle that he got switched out

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Tommen jumping out the window but it was Steve Carell doing Parkour

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
By the way, I wrote down in my calendar last year that GOT premieres on the 21st, but now it premiers on the 14th this Sunday? wtf why did they move it up a week

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

But just to make things extra confusing the new Tommen played a completely different Lannister in an earlier series

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

RIP Old Daario, pissed the studio off so much they rubbed it in by not even being subtle that he got switched out

They did that with whichever Karstark was in the first few seasons. He was the guy that killed 'pre-Tommen #2'

S1:

'Yeah Robb! You're King in the North!'

S2:

'We need to kill the Kingslayer!'

Woof. I guess the stress of war really ages a man.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I am so amped for Dany dying and all the worst people on social media having a meltdown.

Fingers crossed. And I hope someone punts Tyrion out a window too.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Everyone will die. Varys gets the throne.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Varys will get stepped on by his reanimated giant dong.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Queen Hot Pie, the first of her name

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Edmure's still ok, right?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Captain Splendid posted:

In the book he's alive with his preggo (or did she have the baby?) Frey wife and being marched off to Casterly rock to be kept hostage.

In the show I think he's still in Rivverrun under Lannister control / occupation. Given that Frey was lord Paramount of the Trident and the Lannister army is mostly preoccupied with fighting Cersei's enemy-of-the-week I don't think it would take much for him to re-assert control over the castle and portions of the Riverlands.

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 11, 2019

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Imagine: WoW but it's GoT!! :homebrew:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

King of Bees posted:

Imagine: WoW but it's GoT!! :homebrew:

Robert was a guild/raid leader, Cersei his nagging wife, the boar obviously a fatal heart attack caused by obesity and sedentary lifestyle.

Wife inherits the guild.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

Robert was a guild/raid leader, Cersei his nagging wife, the boar obviously a fatal heart attack caused by obesity and sedentary lifestyle.

Wife inherits the guild.

I've definitely seen your av before. somebody on these forums uses the same random picture generator that I do

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

boobs 👏 dongs 👏 violence 👏 dragons 👏

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Captain Splendid posted:

Edmure?

You guys are just making up names now.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

mcvey posted:

Dickon.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

LadyPictureShow posted:

Dickon Manwoody.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Honestly, bronn laughing about it in such a dirty voice kinda spoiled that he will survive the entire drat show

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

mcvey posted:

Edmure?

Not to be confused with Eddard, Euron, Elia, Ellaria, Edric (book only), (Dolorous) Edd Tollett or Eomer from Lord of the Rings.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eugene Greyjoy

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
His name is urine you'd know this if you posted in this thread between seasons

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I bet there's not a single boob or dick the entire season

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Who What Now posted:

Everyone in this show is either one or both of these things.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
We will defeat the Night King with our combined nudity

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Who What Now posted:

If I don't get one parting shot of Carice van Houten's magnificent chest I will be sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Caress Van Hooter