Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fast Luck posted:

I'd hang onto Marte. Very underrated player last year, the kind of guy whose numbers may not impress right away but whose counting stats just keep adding up. And he's young and probably still improving.

But I mean I'd want Hampson too, he's getting his chance with the injuries going on in Colorado and I still believe in him. I'd drop Semien because you can probably pick him back up later if Hampson never gets going and even if you can't who cares that much about losing Semien

I realize the entire fantasy world has decided that Hampson is a must own but I would be very hesitant to drop a dude who is producing for him right now, so I dunno if I'd drop either guy for him right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Fast Luck posted:

I'd hang onto Marte. Very underrated player last year, the kind of guy whose numbers may not impress right away but whose counting stats just keep adding up. And he's young and probably still improving.

But I mean I'd want Hampson too, he's getting his chance with the injuries going on in Colorado and I still believe in him. I'd drop Semien because you can probably pick him back up later if Hampson never gets going and even if you can't who cares that much about losing Semien

I like Semien more than Marte just because I think his power is a bit more reliable. There's a few SS-eligible players in the Semien/Marte range like Simmons, Arcia, I guess Swanson now cos he's hitting, etc. etc. that are kind of fungible. Also I've seen MIs like Dozier and Jorge Polanco get cut in shallower leagues, so there's going to be good replacement level. Hence why I would chase upside now and fall back on one of those guys if Hampson pancakes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Inspector_666 posted:

I realize the entire fantasy world has decided that Hampson is a must own but I would be very hesitant to drop a dude who is producing for him right now, so I dunno if I'd drop either guy for him right now.
Hmm I think we just disagree, that's fine though. But i would not be hesitant to drop a guy who is producing "right now" (Semien) if the right now is a SSS 14-game span and he's 28yo, has played 4 seasons with an OPS average of about .720 across them, including .706 over 158 games last season. and even the "right now" is not really beating the door down. That's basically a replacement level fantasy guy, at best.

Bregor posted:

There's a few SS-eligible players in the Semien/Marte range like Simmons, Arcia, I guess Swanson now cos he's hitting, etc. etc. that are kind of fungible. Also I've seen MIs like Dozier and Jorge Polanco get cut in shallower leagues, so there's going to be good replacement level. Hence why I would chase upside now and fall back on one of those guys if Hampson pancakes.
This i agree on, you'd just be giving an audition to Hampson, not banking your season on him. If he fails you can drop him and pick up another guy as good as Semien most likely without problem. But Hampson will get steals if he gets on base, and he has very good plate discipline, so he should be getting on base soon enough. If not, you move on, but there's a high ceiling with him that makes some patience worth your while imo. If Murphy and McMahon weren't hurt i might be saying otherwise, but he's got an opportunity right now.

Ketel Marte is still only 25, is eligible at a bunch of positions, took a nice leap last season, and may still be improving, is why I would hold onto him. But last season, to Bregor's point, I was able to drop Marte once or twice and pick him back up when I wanted him again, and get away with it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fast Luck posted:

Hmm I think we just disagree, that's fine though. But i would not be hesitant to drop a guy who is producing "right now" (Semien) if the right now is a SSS 14-game span and he's 28yo, has played 4 seasons with an OPS average of about .720 across them, including .706 over 158 games last season. and even the "right now" is not really beating the door down. That's basically a replacement level fantasy guy, at best.

I was originally going to say I would drop Semien over Marte but he's killing it in the early going. If the_american_dream is picking between Mondesi, Semien, Asdrubal, and Marte all to fill 1 SS slot and 1 MI slot, I would say Semien is the drop there for sure.

I just think Hampson might be the type of dude who will languish on the wire for the moment.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
It's week 3, I still have no saves, and I'm starting to get desperate. I'm looking to trade Jose Abreu for one of the better closers plus a lesser bat. Does something like Abreu for Chapman and Brantley seem like a good idea? Or Hand and Schoop? I'll probably have to move either Abreu or Voit in the next month or two when Ohtani comes back, since him and Cruz will be filling my U slot and I'll only have room for one 1B.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Monday_ posted:

It's week 3, I still have no saves, and I'm starting to get desperate. I'm looking to trade Jose Abreu for one of the better closers plus a lesser bat. Does something like Abreu for Chapman and Brantley seem like a good idea? Or Hand and Schoop? I'll probably have to move either Abreu or Voit in the next month or two when Ohtani comes back, since him and Cruz will be filling my U slot and I'll only have room for one 1B.

If you can pull off Abreu for Chapman/Brantley then definitely do it. I think the “never pay for saves” people are usually right but so many bullpens are dumpster fires right now I don’t mind getting a premier guy and Brantley is a great bat in his own right.

I’m not high on Schoop at all so be careful there. I’m also not sure Ohtani gets everyday playing time, he could be in and out of the lineup while he works on his pitching rehab.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

My favorite part of fantasy baseball is when all of my players start dying at once

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

The Pussy Boss posted:

My favorite part of fantasy baseball is when all of my players start dying at once

Clevenger's out for 6-8 weeks, Lester is going on the DL, Trea Turner is out... and I have all of them on one of my fantasy teams.

edit: I have Matt Olsen on that team too lol I'm hosed

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 9, 2019

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Astudillo is hitting 3rd tonight and starting at first base. They're surely going to keep starting him since he's one of their best hitters.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Schweinhund posted:

Astudillo is hitting 3rd tonight and starting at first base. They're surely going to keep starting him since he's one of their best hitters.

Yesssss. I finally picked him up on Sunday. Man speaking of that faab day, someone dropped David Price. That seems like an overreaction.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Gennett is. FA. I didn't know he's out through June but I have to pick him up right?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Pussy Boss posted:

I prefer the ridiculous 0/50 slumps after you think your team might be good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Clevenger's out for 6-8 weeks, Lester is going on the DL, Trea Turner is out... and I have all of them on one of my fantasy teams.

I have Clevinger and Lester on a team where I snapped up the value on Kershaw.

F
U
C
K

PITCHING

I have Half Stud, Half Armadillo on that team though :swoon:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Ohtani, McMahon, Andujar, Upton, and now Lester. I've already dropped Rich Hill and Carlos Martinez. In a league with 2 bench slots and 2 IL.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Does ESPN just not tell you if your hitters are in the lineup? I mean I always doublecheck with rotowire anyway, but that is pretty basic info that every fantasy site should give you.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel remorse I drafted Mejia over Astudillo. :negative:

The Pussy Boss posted:

Does ESPN just not tell you if your hitters are in the lineup? I mean I always doublecheck with rotowire anyway, but that is pretty basic info that every fantasy site should give you.

There are like thirty things wrong with ESPN right now at the moment, I think they're competing with MLB.tv for the most fuckups.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Oh gently caress you Jesse Winker

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Alright degrom good poo poo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'd like to apologize for the below post, I clearly was out of my mind

IcePhoenix posted:

Obviously you shouldn't stream against the Twins.

because you should obviously be benching any pitcher against the Twins :smuggo:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
man i really should have started shoemaker. he would have helped my ERA today.
*fist bumps Stras and Greinke*

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ah apparently my only true ace is...Luis Castillo?

How the gently caress did Lucchesi give up six runs to the Giants?!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Welp gently caress my pitching for this week already

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

Ah apparently my only true ace is...Luis Castillo?

How the gently caress did Lucchesi give up six runs to the Giants?!

The dude I'm playing didn't start him. :qq:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Good morning

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cursed image

Bregor
May 31, 2013

nsfw that poo poo

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I was going to come and brag about my pitching on Sunday, and then Freeland and Strasburg had to go ruin my elation.

Never think you've solved pitching.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I looooove me some trades. (except for my first 2 in this league, heh.... loving Bellinger and Clevinger)

Just gave Merrill Kelly for Jack Flaherty in the Goon Keeper league. :bisonyes:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I looooove me some trades. (except for my first 2 in this league, heh.... loving Bellinger and Clevinger)

Just gave Merrill Kelly for Jack Flaherty in the Goon Keeper league. :bisonyes:

:smug:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Quiet you.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my shiny new Pete Alonso. ;)

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

I have high apple pie in the sky hopes.

Twin Cinema posted:

I was going to come and brag about my pitching on Sunday, and then Freeland and Strasburg had to go ruin my elation.

Never think you've solved pitching.

For some reason I have a much easier time with a batter who hits .100 in a week with no counting stats than a pitcher who gives up 6+runs even though they've both done the same amount of damage.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Thank god for Tommy Pham. My only silver lining is that I got him everywhere

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Thank god for Austin Meadows and Tyler Glasnow

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

What is this Jason Heyward: "fantasy asset" :airquote: business?

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

I have high apple pie in the sky hopes.
Thank god for Nick Pivetta.

OH GOD NO. THE HORROR.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Real happy about my pro league team being in last place while my Fire and Forget team is OPSing 1.001 on the season.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

DGladding posted:

Thank god for Nick Pivetta.

OH GOD NO. THE HORROR.

But that K rate! :v:

(I have him in two leagues.)

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Bregor posted:

But that K rate! :v:

No match for Chris Davis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Khris Davis is pretty good imo