Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Dude can perfectly hide a katana and fireaxe in his pockets, he'd be a better hitman than 47.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

TaurusTorus posted:

Dude can perfectly hide a katana and fireaxe in his pockets, he'd be a better hitman than 47.

i wish those levels were available in contracts mode so a contract gimmick would require you to knock jeff out for his weapons

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I desperately want a spinoff where 47 is trying to teach Helmut Kruger, Jeff, and Stone/Knight from Sniper Assassin how to do his job and it's just one mishap after another when you're not a genetic superclone.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I just beat season 2! I definitely enjoyed it more than the first, it's clear that that IOI have got it working that bit slicker and I'm not spending as much time desperately try to make a target do something. The only downgrade I found was hearing the first three words of a conversation and Diana would butt in with 'INTERESTING, 47, IT LOOKS LIKE THE TARGET IS PLANNING TO..." which is really obnoxious, especially when I play with almost every assist turned off. Slight bummer that season 1 feats don't carry over but I'd only really got far on Paris.

I think my favourite stage was Miami (other than a weird bug I got with the robot accident kill) or Mumbai, they felt like there were so many possibilities and that's what makes me go back to get mastery. I generally do an accident kill undetected first time round and start hunting for mastery after that. I get more of a kick out of finding out what gives you mastery by looking through the map than looking at the criteria and going out to do a specific run. Least favourite was probably Sgail, it's still better than Bangkok and probably Colorado but I get frustrated by maps with a lot of enforcers on since it just makes it annoying to get round. Also, everybody in the room shouldn't lose their poo poo because one of the VIPs wandered two feet behind the bar.

Anyway:
Miami: I killed Sierra by poisoning her IV as the doctor (the dialogue was great for this) and had Robert shot by the robot by uploading his picture. This map was dripping with possibility but was marred by the fact that the chief scientist kept running into the robot's line of fire, giving me a non-target kill.

Santa Fortuna: Buried the woman in concrete, pushed the chemist off a cliff and dropped a submarine on the boss. This was great but I'm not feeling a particular urge to revisit it just yet. I feel like I was funneled toward those kills and I didn't quite put it together myself like in Miami.

Mumbai: This is one I can't wait to return to since there were a lot of avenues I saw but didn't explore like the actor and the train tracks. Blew up the Queen in her pool, blew the director of the roof and in my most boring kill of the game, poisoned the Maelstrom's wine and pushed him off a hill. I'll go to his hideout next time.

Whittleton Creek: Just brilliant but I'm not sure how many time I'll replay it, though I definitely saw several ways to do both targets. Having additional objectives is a bit of a pain on replay since you've already done it. Blew up Nolan with the laser security system and smothered Janus by active as his nurse. Loved the twist where the security guy goes to run a check on you just as you think you've got it in the bag.

Isle of Sgail: I mentioned my frustrations above but it's still good and there are plenty of loose threads I haven't pulled on just yet. Burned one of them in a phoenix (brutal :stare:) and Sophia probably took me longer than any other target. It felt like an achievement to steal the necklace and impersonate Blake but I wasn't at all sure how it was going to turn into a kill until I got the prompt to put the necklace on Sophia, which was brilliant. I did the whole story with the stubborn coal baron but it never turned into an opportunity for me. I'll vote the other way next time. Most annoying part was that Olivia kept ringing the guy who was going to talk to the Constant. I know who he is, you don't need to make him stop and mute his phone every 10 seconds! I just ended up coercing him myself. Also holy poo poo do I not care about the story. I'd welcome a return to 'this is a bad person, you've been hired to make them go away'.

Game owns.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Looks like we're gonna get a flamingo costume lol
https://twitter.com/iointeractive/status/1116325274088402945?s=21
Greatest suit

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whew finally info on the new locations. A big bank sounds cool as gently caress though I hope the resort isn't too similar to places like Bangkok or Sapienza; curious how it will differentiate from those places.

Aug 24, 2011

I wish the prison wasn't a sniper map. There's so much potential for shenanigans there, you could have different variations on prisoner outfits, as well as a guard outfit, warden outfit, snitch outfit, visitor outfit, suit, janitor, maintenance, IT guy, chef, gang members, as well as the fun of trying to infiltrate all the various areas and triggering lockdowns and hnnngggh think of all that content you're never getting

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Looks like we're gonna get a flamingo costume lol
https://twitter.com/iointeractive/status/1116325274088402945?s=21
Greatest suit

Big, if true!

So the two new missions (like the bonus missions in Season 1) will be in Santa Fortuna and Mumbai, and the other two will come later in Fall (possibly closer to Christmas than to September).
The leak/data mining was right, Bank and Resort as new locations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Literally says right in that thing that the bank is out in summer.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Looks like I'll be upgrading to gold edition soon. What do they mean by "themes"? A new look on the menus or something?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I was thinking it might be alternate missions on the same map, like The Icon or something. You're probably closer to being right though.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Good to hear we're getting 2 new locations.

I'm doing a proper deep dive into Hokkaido without looking at the mastery requirements and I can't believe how much stuff there is here, I've spent hours on this one map. I discovered three new ways to kill Yamazaki (sauna, cigarettes, fugu) and four for Soders (overcharged defibrillator, exsanguination, botulism, AI malfunction). I know you can make the surgeon kill him because of what you find in Yamazaki's room but I haven't done that yet, I guess dressing up as Nails is key for that. I also know you can reveal yourself to Soders but I haven't figured it out. I know his operation is in two parts so maybe if I complete the first part as the head surgeon? If I need stem cells I'll need to have another crack at it since I any saves where I haven't poisoned the stem cells are long gone.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Draxion posted:

I was thinking it might be alternate missions on the same map, like The Icon or something. You're probably closer to being right though.

I think the Special Assignments are the alternate missions. If I had to guess the "Themes" will be themes for Featured Contracts or those special challenges that unlock new items

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Draxion posted:

I figured it was the loose theming they do each month for featured contacts. There’s alternate missions on old maps on that roadmap already, one on Santa fortuna and one in Mumbai it looks like.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Man this is truly a Live Services game done right. Good content, doesn't require some bullshit deal to unlock it, the timed stuff is generous enough to enjoy. Glad to support these guys.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cant believe i missed an elusive target. the game is canceled now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh gently caress yes they are doing a Bank level, this is going to rule.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Okay cool now there is no reason to use any other suit.

Aug 24, 2011

nakar, dunno if you already found this, there are two garbage man disguises on whittleton. proof of concept contract, only takes about a minute to do. maybe gardeners have the same thing? i haven't checked

PC

1-22-2150611-95

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

New Legacy ET up right now, you have 9 days

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tranq Pistol is too loving good.
My current default loadout for ETs is Tranq Pistol, Lethal Syringe, Lockpick and Concussion Duck. Easy SAs all day every day. That setup totally feels like cheating.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

And the suit unlock is bugged, I didn't get my suit for SAing the Prince. :sigh:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

And the suit unlock is bugged, I didn't get my suit for SAing the Prince. :sigh:

I didn't get one either.

Aug 24, 2011

my strat:

start harbor with krugermeier and lethal syringe, watch the cutscene. after it ends, immediately vault over the two railings, then carefully sneak behind the two bodyguards in front of the door so they don't see you go in. walk over to the bench and Blend In. the NPCs will all go into no-detect mode but when they see you they'll become angry anyway. restart the level.

wander on over to the morgue, go inside, shut the door, knock the guy out and take his clothes and church key. you can hide the body next to the dead lab technician. go into the room with the open casket, open the door and lure the bodyguard, knock him out, take his clothes, hide the body.

wait for the target to be inside and follow him downstairs with his bodyguard. as he goes into the crypt, shoot the wall to the left of the crypt door to distract his bodyguard, knock said bodyguard out, open the priest's room with your church key and put the bodyguard in there. when the target comes out of the crypt, lethal syringe him, then leave via the crypt side door and exit level via boat. don't worry about the priest finding the bodyguard because he'll see the target's body first (poison, doesn't count) and fetching a guard will take longer than it takes for you to reach the speedboat.

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 12, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

where the red fern gropes posted:

my strat:

start harbor with krugermeier and lethal syringe, watch the cutscene. after it ends, immediately vault over the two railings, then carefully sneak behind the two bodyguards in front of the door so they don't see you go in. walk over to the bench and Blend In. the NPCs will all go into no-detect mode but when they see you they'll become angry anyway. restart the level.

wander on over to the morgue, go inside, shut the door, knock the guy out and take his clothes and church key. you can hide the body next to the dead lab technician. go into the room with the open casket, open the door and lure the bodyguard, knock him out, take his clothes, hide the body.

wait for the target to be inside and follow him downstairs with his bodyguard. as he goes into the crypt, shoot the wall to the left of the crypt door to distract his bodyguard, knock said bodyguard out, open the priest's room with your church key and put the bodyguard in there. when the target comes out of the crypt, lethal syringe him, then leave via the crypt side door and exit level via boat. don't worry about the priest finding the body because he'll see the target's body first (poison, doesn't count) and fetching a guard will take longer than it takes for you to reach the speedboat.

- Throw explosive duck
- Run to speed boat
- Push nerd into water
- Leave

Aug 24, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

- Throw explosive duck
- Run to speed boat
- Push nerd into water
- Leave

- start harbor
- shoot chandelier through priceless stained-glass window
- steal boat

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Guess it wouldn’t necessarily fit in the bank level, but a fun trap on a level would be a room that sucks all the oxygen out when it detects a fire. You could lure a target into the room, set a fire and sabotage any failsafes to not work.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Odd that completing this Sapienza target didn't unlock the italian suit with gloves.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1116712570734428160

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

another ET already??? wait did I not miss one

Veotax
May 16, 2006

my strat:

wait for the target to be inside and follow him downstairs with his bodyguard. as he goes into the crypt, shoot the wall to the left of the crypt door to distract his bodyguard, knock said bodyguard out, open the priest's room with your church key and put the bodyguard in there. when the target comes out of the crypt, lethal syringe him, then leave via the crypt side door and exit level via boat. don't worry about the priest finding the bodyguard because he'll see the target's body first (poison, doesn't count) and fetching a guard will take longer than it takes for you to reach the speedboat.

You can leave out distracting and knocking out hit guard if you're quick. The guard lags behind the ET enough when he's leaving the crypt allowing you to close the door behind the ET, syringe him and be most of the way up the stairs before he opens the door.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

another ET already??? wait did I not miss one

You missed one but there's a new (Season 1 repeat) one out already.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fuk

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Pretty loving narked with this ET tbh, I kept getting spotted through walls or round corners (for a fun bug, try to climb up to the back door of the church from the docks) and when I finally figured out a decent method I had to keep restarting because the pathing is random. Then in the end I got 4 stars for a body found but I've watched the video back and there's no loving bodies found at all. :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/IO_Travis/status/1116782241085100032

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

nakar, dunno if you already found this, there are two garbage man disguises on whittleton. proof of concept contract, only takes about a minute to do. maybe gardeners have the same thing? i haven't checked

PC

1-22-2150611-95

Already did the concept, but better. Here we see a contract that appears to require you to start Suit and acquire the Garbage Man and Gardener disguises. But you have No Pacifications and Targets Only to deal with. No big deal, get the Suit kill first and then take the victims' disguises. Well, try that and you'll find... you failed the objectives. What gives?

There are two distinct Gardener and Garbage Man outfits on Whittleton Creek: One worn by the three civilian Garbage Men and one civilian Gardener (this is the suit you start in at those starts, as well), and two each of "fake" bodyguards working for Nolan Cassidy. Also, for some reason, the Arkian Robe counts as a Suit despite having different access than 47's suit (it isn't allowed at the barbecue, for example). There's a free civilian Garbage Man outfit in the hidden tunnel, so the only possible solution to this contract is to start as a Gardener and then acquire the Arkian Robe and Garbage Man outfit, as both kill requirements are for the civilian version of the outfit and both targets are using the guard version, and you can't kill anybody else.

The Striker being inaudible when fired on Helen West's roof has nothing to do with any of this, but is a vastly more interesting thing I discovered routing my own contract. I know why it happens (do you?) but it's still funny. Use it as you will.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is it because there are too many doors between you and any listeners?

Aug 24, 2011

Nakar posted:

Already did the concept, but better. Here we see a contract that appears to require you to start Suit and acquire the Garbage Man and Gardener disguises. But you have No Pacifications and Targets Only to deal with. No big deal, get the Suit kill first and then take the victims' disguises. Well, try that and you'll find... you failed the objectives. What gives?

There are two distinct Gardener and Garbage Man outfits on Whittleton Creek: One worn by the three civilian Garbage Men and one civilian Gardener (this is the suit you start in at those starts, as well), and two each of "fake" bodyguards working for Nolan Cassidy. Also, for some reason, the Arkian Robe counts as a Suit despite having different access than 47's suit (it isn't allowed at the barbecue, for example). There's a free civilian Garbage Man outfit in the hidden tunnel, so the only possible solution to this contract is to start as a Gardener and then acquire the Arkian Robe and Garbage Man outfit, as both kill requirements are for the civilian version of the outfit and both targets are using the guard version, and you can't kill anybody else.

The Striker being inaudible when fired on Helen West's roof has nothing to do with any of this, but is a vastly more interesting thing I discovered routing my own contract. I know why it happens (do you?) but it's still funny. Use it as you will.

this is what happens when i mess with the master

Moon Shrimp
Sep 7, 2013

my strat:

You can just throw a brick at the bodyguard while they're walking down the stairs and the target won't even notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

that still leaves a ko body to be found by the patrolling priest