Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is that the girl who threatened to slit everyone's throat who didn't ready up in Gears of War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Is that the girl who threatened to slit everyone's throat who didn't ready up in Gears of War.

You bet your rear end that's her, and he';s the luckiest man on Earth

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
DSP going on a honeymoon to the Seattle Space Needle, o wait

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hell yes. Congratulations Phil!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I propose a celebratory toast! Everyone, if you have a drink, raise your glass with me, or your can, or your chalice, or your... flute. Whatever it is that you may drink from, let’s have a celebratory toast to Phil’s marriage... SALUD!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:cheerdoge:

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I propose a celebratory toast! Everyone, if you have a drink, raise your glass with me, or your can, or your chalice, or your... flute. Whatever it is that you may drink from, let’s have a celebratory toast to Phil’s marriage... SALUD!

Mmmmm waow! Naht bad! *French waiter voice* Bonjour, monfriere! Some more champagne la derriere? Auckackackackack

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ol yeller posted:

Mmmmm waow! Naht bad! *French waiter voice* Bonjour, monfriere! Some more champagne la derriere? Auckackackackack

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ol yeller posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ol yeller posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ol yeller posted:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

ol yeller posted:

Ahaha

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ol yeller posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ol yeller posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Could someone more familiar with DSP lore explain the sauce stirring thing.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ol yeller posted:

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Could someone more familiar with DSP lore explain the sauce stirring thing.

If he’s making his homemade Italian Sauce he will take breaks during a stream to go stir it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ah, utilizing the Lowtax method of debt erasure I see. Good man.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Frenz posted:

If he’s making his homemade Italian Sauce he will take breaks during a stream to go stir it.

I prefer a penne

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Phil is a classically trained conman who puts his silver tongue to work for 8 hours every single day while Lowtax is an impossibly lazy lump of broken flesh too scared of confrontation to remove the trailer park diaperman from raising his children. Please don't disrespect Phil's grift by comparing the two.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

TFW you will neevr taste Phil's sauce.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Snort Burnell is having an absolute field day with this.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
When Mortal Kombat 2 was in arcades, it inspired me to create a concept for my own fighting game. I drew a robotic ninja and named him Cyclone. I gave him a big metal arm like Cable from the X-Men comics. I also drew a kid wearing a backwards ball cap on and carrying a nightstick. I put the drawings in a big manilla envelope and sent them to the address that Midway had listed on the arcade to send away for the limited edition comic book. All I said in my letter was, "Please make my game". I was ten. MK3 was released sometime afterward. In it, there were several new characters similar to the ones I created, such as Cyrax, a cybernetic ninja very similar to my creation, Cyclone. He was minus the big metal Cable arm though. Jax had returned from MK2, but with a new enhancement, he now had two metal arms. Lastly, there was Stryker, a generic looking cop character with a ball cap and carrying a nightstick very similar to my creation of 'The Kid'. At the time of its release, I didn't think much of it. I just enjoyed it and thought it was cool. They were not exact copies of my work. They were tweaked just enough to be different. As the years went by, I became slightly bitter. Were my ideas used to make money for Midway, Netherrealm, and the MK developers? I did just give them away and told them, "Please make my game". I guess I was naive at ten years old. I thought they would send for me and I would rise to fame and fortune. I was just a kid with no comprehension of how the world works. I believe my ideas were used. There is no proof besides me taking photos of my little brother in character. There is no time stamp on the photos either. I have no legal case. These accusations would not hold up in court.

I have reached out to the developers via Twitter, but have not received a response. They tend to post early concept art for their characters and I wonder if they still have mine. Maybe it was just a crazy coincidence they came up with the same ideas, but I doubt it.

If you have an idea, guard it with your life. People will claim your creation as their own. You will be left in the dust looking like a crazy person who claims they created it, while someone else reaps the rewards

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh my god

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1118154762791161856

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ya just got sla-aaapped (whoa-oh-oh)

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
$250 mini console ftw.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

can't wait to spend $300 for the Intellivision Mini. got to get those side button calluses back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Capcom ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's using Final Burn Alpha for emulation against the terms of the license lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
so fuckin ugly, christ

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

It rocks that Foxconn slave man hours are now being devoted to making stuff that will be bought exclusively by guys reviewing poo poo on YouTube and saying like honestly this could have been epic but the emulation is high key janky as a motherbitch so it’s not epic skip this one guys

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They'd have better luck just porting all those games and selling the bundle for $250.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's using Final Burn Alpha for emulation against the terms of the license lol

i'm not sure how valid fba's additional licensing restrictions are if it's based on code licensed under gpl2, which explicitly allows commercial distribution. referring to it by name in promotional materials may be questionable though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

They'd have better luck just porting all those games and selling the bundle for $250.

Hell, even selling them individually on console stores and having the total price add up to more than $250 would probably have been a better idea