Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

George H.W. oval office posted:

I hope new live TAZ ends up being Nights
Unfortunately I don't think it will be, because non-donors won't know who the characters are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I thought it lost some steam with the audience questions. “How do I not feel bad about poking costumes in the butt” was kinda dumb

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

It's gonna be Dust. Which I'd be hyped for, despite not being a huge fan, just to get Augustus Parsons again.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

El Jeffe posted:

It's gonna be Dust. Which I'd be hyped for, despite not being a huge fan, just to get Augustus Parsons again.

Of the Augustus Parsons Cashew Company?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My bet is all the live shows are going to be one-sheet games they can do in an hour without Griffin having a panic attack about pacing

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

El Jeffe posted:

I have bad news: he died some time ago :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Blockhouse posted:

My bet is all the live shows are going to be one-sheet games they can do in an hour without Griffin having a panic attack about pacing

Yeah, most likely.

Part of why I didn't go to TAZ live was because I'd want to go with my partner but they don't listen. It's easy to explain MBMBAM right before the show but for Balance... poo poo man.
"So every time Griffin says a name, the audience is going to scream for a few minutes. Have fun!"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
'hey honey these people are fans and will be excited about things sometimes' 'oh okay I probably could've guessed that'

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I can't imagine Dust working well as a live show just because of the way it's structured and how much setup is involved for Travis. I'd love it to return in some capacity, though.

My recollection from when they did the pre-Amnesty Q&A episode is that Travis pretty clearly wanted to do more with it but that he wasn't up for doing it week-in-week-out. Whether that's changed in the last year or so, who knows? (I also remember from that episode that Justin was adamant that The Adventure Zone was and always would be Griffin DMs For The Rest Of Them, much more so than Griffin himself was, and I'm curious if that will have changed after Amnesty wraps up.)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I still think the funniest thing about the experimental arcs was that after years of playing loving 5e with no map Clint busted out roll20 for FATE, a game system with abstracted ranges and positioning

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, it still helps to have a place where everyone can see dice rolls.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Me, with two minutes to go on the latest TAZ: ugh another filler episode
Also me, with zero minutes to go on the latest TAZ: :shepface:

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

C-Euro posted:

Me, with two minutes to go on the latest TAZ: ugh another filler episode
Also me, with zero minutes to go on the latest TAZ: :shepface:

The new taz was very good in my opinion, it was actually funny

Also Hallis continues to have a reasonable perspective on the whole thing, even though they’re going to end up going bad

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, it still helps to have a place where everyone can see dice rolls.

I don't know if this is just me, but I really like hearing the sound of dice in gaming podcasts and it really misses something without it. Gotta account for the Travis factor though.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Toebone posted:

I don't know if this is just me, but I really like hearing the sound of dice in gaming podcasts and it really misses something without it.
No, I definitely miss it too. But I'm also a dice superstition weirdo, so...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Toebone posted:

I don't know if this is just me, but I really like hearing the sound of dice in gaming podcasts and it really misses something without it. Gotta account for the Travis factor though.

One of the dudes on The Glass Cannon uses metal dice in a wooden box. It's so choice.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

kidcoelacanth posted:

I have bad news: he died some time ago :(

So did Boyland but you're still posting.

I need to re-listen to Dust. One of my favorite scenes in all of TAZ was when Griffin's character tried to pull some "neighborhood watch alarm" stunt when a nebulous villain was talking to him non-threateningly, and everyone started roleplaying as people from the neighborhood bagging on him for false alarms.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

One of the dudes on The Glass Cannon uses metal dice in a wooden box. It's so choice.

I can't stand Critical Role most of the time but their dice sound amazing.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

creationist believer posted:

So did Boyland but you're still posting.

I need to re-listen to Dust. One of my favorite scenes in all of TAZ was when Griffin's character tried to pull some "neighborhood watch alarm" stunt when a nebulous villain was talking to him non-threateningly, and everyone started roleplaying as people from the neighborhood bagging on him for false alarms.

Listening to that scene was the audio equivalent of watching griffin lower a basketball hoop to just above head level, stand directly underneath, and alley-oop the ball to his family.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm realizing that the new max fun jingle only lasted one episode, at least in the downloads of 453 and 454 that i have, it's the old jingle again

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That might be their production error, it's continued on other maxfun podcasts I listen to

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The first issue of the War of Realms tie-in the boys are writing came out and it features the debut of the Marvel 616 version of their agent, Joel

also: it's pretty good!

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Blockhouse posted:

The first issue of the War of Realms tie-in the boys are writing came out and it features the debut of the Marvel 616 version of their agent, Joel

also: it's pretty good!
https://twitter.com/Jbegleiter/status/1116444436404170752

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Huge power move by Joel

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

They need to find a way to do more podcasts with Joel, that dude is comedy gold.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Joel is strong

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1116456804324659202?s=21

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Joel owns, this is the ultimate power move

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

drat joel, just straight up dunking on justin like that

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

After that dunk, Joel got a call from Al Roker congratulating him and welcoming him to the club.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

docbeard posted:

I can't imagine Dust working well as a live show just because of the way it's structured and how much setup is involved for Travis. I'd love it to return in some capacity, though.

My recollection from when they did the pre-Amnesty Q&A episode is that Travis pretty clearly wanted to do more with it but that he wasn't up for doing it week-in-week-out. Whether that's changed in the last year or so, who knows? (I also remember from that episode that Justin was adamant that The Adventure Zone was and always would be Griffin DMs For The Rest Of Them, much more so than Griffin himself was, and I'm curious if that will have changed after Amnesty wraps up.)

In the last TTAZZ Justin expressed interest in DMing

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Secured my Brooklyn MBMBAM and TAZ tix for october, yay!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Orlando venue site crashed after I was about to buy center front tickets.

Finally got back in 20 minutes later and all the front seats were gone. Ended up way off to the side.

I'm having flashbacks to my attempts at getting Endgame tickets.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Took me about 20 minutes to get through for tickets to the DC show. The fans are horny for this tour

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I’ll be damned if I can understand what’s happening in this current mystery in TAZ. I’m bummed last weeks cliffhanger ended up getting glossed over, and it seems like Griffin is being very tight lipped about leads or information.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Colonel Whitey posted:

I thought it lost some steam with the audience questions. “How do I not feel bad about poking costumes in the butt” was kinda dumb

I thought so too but then the "dad offering weed" bit was so good it redeemed everything

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

drat they sold out the DAR in like an hour

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got 8 whole tickets for the showing in Pittsburgh and it was really hard to do but my group of people are now covered and I'm excited to make a day with my friends

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Got my tix for Philadelphia, hooooooo boy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Got six tickets for NY. First time going to a show. I'm going to try and get a an audience question but we'll see.