Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

thrawn527 posted:

I'm starting to think that they're going to announce too much at Celebration, and some announcements will be drowned out by bigger news.

Well we know they won’t be announcing any new animated stuff, and it’s unlikely we’ll get anything more than little tidbits of info on the RJ trilogy or the GoT guys movies since there’s no “Future Filmmakers” panel this year.

So Celebration will mostly be:
- IX Title and Teaser/Trailer
- Mandalorian Teaser/Trailer
- Possible Resistance S2 info
- Clone Wars info, and Filoni will probably debut the first episode to the crowd, just like he did with Rebels at Celebration Orlando
- Jedi: Fallen Order trailer/gameplay
- Strongly rumored Obi-Wan tv show announcement

That’s packed, but about on par for Celebration. I’m sure there’ll be other surprises too, but most of the focus is going to be on non-film stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

thrawn527 posted:

I'm starting to think that they're going to announce too much at Celebration, and some announcements will be drowned out by bigger news.

Timestampped for relevancy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD2UE0tJ66Y&t=537s

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Well we know they won’t be announcing any new animated stuff, and it’s unlikely we’ll get anything more than little tidbits of info on the RJ trilogy or the GoT guys movies since there’s no “Future Filmmakers” panel this year.

- Clone Wars info, and Filoni will probably debut the first episode to the crowd, just like he did with Rebels at Celebration Orlando

That’s packed, but about on par for Celebration. I’m sure there’ll be other surprises too, but most of the focus is going to be on non-film stuff.

Plus all the games and toys stuff too, like x-wing wave V.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Agreed, although I think we can be pretty confident that they’ll be teasing S2 of Resistance. I bet there will even be a trailer.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There is a lot of buzz about Resistance season 2 ep1 maybe being shown at celebration.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, strong chance of Resistance and possibly Clone Wars next season premieres being shown for the attendees. Outside chance of Obi-Wan being announced at the Mandalorian panel, but maybe more likely at the TPM 20th panel on the last day.

I wonder if there's also a chance for another Clone Wars announcement, possibly yet another season or movie for Disney+. There's still like 3-4 months at the start of the war that isn't covered. Could back-fill that time in now. Show Anakin getting his scar, give Ahsoka a new intro etc. Could serve to wrap up the series by giving a more clear beginning with all the chronological reordering shenanigans that happened with its release. Mainly I easily see a "prequel" Clone Wars season being able to rework things, clean up the chronological watch order and serve as a true series finale. In my mind a final episode could feature Ahsoka getting orders to be Anakin's padawan. That would both set up the series when watched chronologically, while also being a a fitting capper as a true final episode. I also kind of like the Clone Wars movie prequel idea, just because it would set up a weird bookend to the whole series overall.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 1, 2019

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

If they do decide to do more Clone Wars, there's still a whole bunch of material from episodes they were planning before the cancellation. Off the top of my head, some of the stuff they could use would be:

Ahsoka living on Coruscant after leaving the Jedi
Cad Bane mentoring young Boba Fett
The Maul arc that got adapted into Son of Dathomir
The two Asajj Ventress arcs that got adapted into Dark Disciple (they could give it a better ending!)
A second Bad Batch arc set on Kashyyyk
An arc about an ancient Sith temple found deep under the Jedi temple, which would have had Ahsoka (indirectly) face Palpatine
Something with the Yuuzhan Vong?????

I think Filoni mentioned at one point doing stories set after Episode III, but who knows what they would have been.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'd gladly sacrifice everything on that assumed list for the ahsoka/Sabine show

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, post RotS content is just weird for me. Don't call it the Clone Wars if it's after the Clone Wars.

Of course I've always had an affinity for some other war involving clones happening post Episode 3, just to make sense of it being called Clone War/Wars. Is it plural or singular Master Yoda and Obi-Wan? What about it made it wars? The battles on multiple worlds?.... eh.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They're called the Star Wars

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, Ashoka/Sabine adventures is what I really want. Even if they just did a movie on Disney + to show them going around kicking peoples poo poo in looking for Ezra would rule.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Some more Mando rumors:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/04/mandalorian-rumors-bounty-hunters.html

Wonder who they got for Dengar.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

That mummy gently caress? Just bring Simon Pegg back.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I was checking out the Celebration schedule, saw this panel, and couldn't help but laugh at the last line.

quote:

Star Wars Rebels Remembered

Star Wars Rebels may have ended but the Ghost Crew is far from forgotten! Dave Filoni and special guests take a look back at the show that deepened our knowledge of the Force, broke our hearts and always gave us hope. Full disclosure – we are not announcing a new series in this panel.

So...new show announcement?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Where'd the space whales go Dave

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

There's no new show announcement because they're announcing a Sabine/Asoka comic series.

... is what I desperately hope.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Series =/= season

There's no new show announcement because they're doing a new season instead.

Right guys? Right??

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

No new show announcement because they're actually redoing the entire series in live action with Pierce Brosnan as Thrawn :v:

https://twitter.com/StarWarsNewsNet/status/1116092998830501889
context

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 11, 2019

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
That Thrawn looks way too... american? He looks like some middle manager at an accounting firm.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That Thrawn looks way too... american? He looks like some middle manager at an accounting firm.

wtf man hes loving pierce brosnan

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kanine posted:

wtf man hes loving pierce brosnan

No way, all I see is Kyle Chandler

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Looks way more like James Marsters.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Y'all blind. That's DeVito.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Mandalorian confirmed to be a launch day show on Disney+, Q1 2020

jivjov fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 12, 2019

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hakkesshu posted:

Looks way more like James Marsters.

It should be James Marsters

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

jivjov posted:

Mandalorian confirmed to be a launch day show on Disney+, Q1 2020

Actual launch date is now November 12th, $6.99 for the service which is a helluva lot of content for that price...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

GLOSS posted:

Actual launch date is now November 12th, $6.99 for the service which is a helluva lot of content for that price...

guess that's Q1 of /fiscal/ 2020 then

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holy poo poo that's a steal, but they probably know if they don't price it lower than Netflix it will be a harder sell.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Also Alan Tudyk is confirmed to be reprising K2 in the Cassian spy show

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1116496661038149632

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That guy is busier than ever, Mr. Nobody, Danger Boat, K2SO, Green Arrow, Star vs Evil, Santa Clarita Diet... loving killing it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He's by far more famous as a voice actor than as someone on a bad scifi show from the early 2000s that certain types of nerds won't ever let go.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey, the Star Wars thread has an controversial opinion... what are the odds.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
He's clearly most famous for Tucker and Dale vs Evil

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cross-Section posted:

Also Alan Tudyk is confirmed to be reprising K2 in the Cassian spy show

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1116496661038149632

its gonna own

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

And maybe even more importantly, they confirmed that the dude from The Americans is the showrunner.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well he knows how to throw a spy show together.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

DancinBrud posted:

And maybe even more importantly, they confirmed that the dude from The Americans is the showrunner.

It's not one of the showrunners I don't think.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Just tuned into the live stream because the Rebels retrospective panel is in a few minutes and they unveiled some replicas of Ahsoka's lightsabers that will be on sale at Galaxy's Edge and presented them to Ashley Eckstein. She's adorable.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Moon Slayer posted:

Just tuned into the live stream because the Rebels retrospective panel is in a few minutes and they unveiled some replicas of Ahsoka's lightsabers that will be on sale at Galaxy's Edge and presented them to Ashley Eckstein. She's adorable.

I wonder if they're actually going to stream it though, given that it cuts into the Fallen Order panel's time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Ah boo. The fact that now they're talking about Funko pops now and it was supposed to start at 12:45 is not a good sign.