Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rarity posted:

The MCU has enough stock in its brand that any FF movie they make will break $1billion. Whatever they do when it comes it'll be a huge deal

I think the only people who really have strong feelings about the bad Fantastic Four movies are probably a lot of the same people who hate on the MCU for being popcorn stuff anyway. They could totally backdoor the FF into Endgame (I mean, too late now but you get my point) or something if they wanted to but if they make a FF movie it will make a billion dollars because that's what MCU films do.

They're about to make an Eternals movie and THAT will probably make a billion dollars. And who the hell has any opinion about what an Eternal is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

He was the bad guy in Dr. Strange.

D'oh.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

He was the bad guy in Dr. Strange.

The Strange movie really was just a mistake. They should just introduced him with his cameo in Ragnarok and then never explain anything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought Strange was fine and was worth it for the really cool effects and the interesting final battle, but definitely middle tier MCU. Strange was like the MIP in Infinity War though. Hopefully Carol will be similarly improved, I'd say her movie was about on par with Dr. Strange.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The best thing they could do with FF is make the first two thirds a period movie set in the early 80s they go missing for 35 years in a space wormhole and come back with the power cosmic and also throw Dr. Doom in there with the after credits scene being the Silver Surfer showing up. Please give me a million dollars for this idea, Disney.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Incredibles are basically the FF movies. Marvel has other stuff they can promote instead of them I think. Not like anyone is clamoring for one anyway.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't really understand the logic of "Disney should skip making a Fantastic Four movie because this wildly successful and money making movie is basically already it."

I mean I get why someone might not necessarily care to see it. But "here's a basic blueprint how to make a billion dollars" seems like a bad argument.

Like THIS is the time the MCU is gonna decide to skip making a film similar to other films that will make a fortune because they want to be more radical and creative.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Jeremy Irons in Dungeons & Dragons mode was always my pick for Doom.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRR_vFq7nYo

God drat I love her :allears:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Mu Zeta posted:

Not like anyone is clamoring for one anyway.

My dude, go back and read the past few pages again.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There's only one man who can talk in the third person and bellow things like "Richards!" and make it land:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
If you want to get crazy, give Dr. Doom to James Frain and then step way the gently caress back. But as far as actors who might have an actual shot in hell at landing such a high-profile role? Ian McShane, Timothy Dalton, Javier Bardem, or Christoph Waltz.

gently caress it, I'll fan-cast the Four too: Kyle Chandler for Reed, Amy Adams for Sue, Andrew Rannells for Johnny and Ben Foster for Grimm.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Davros1 posted:

There's only one man who can talk in the third person and bellow things like "Richards!" and make it land:

Garth Marenghi lookin’ ollllllllld.

EDIT: DUH i'm an idiot. And I mixed the two of them up.

Edit x2: YES I CAN HEAR YOU

Gonz fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 12, 2019

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Amy Adams as Dr Doom

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gonz posted:

That's DR. SANCHEZ.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

Matthew Holness was Marenghi, Berry played someone else e: ^^^ Sanchez, right!

Also the cold open of this week’s What We Do in the Shadows was 10/10 Matt Berry and you should all watch it

Can’t believe how hard Disney are going with their service. Some of the announcements in this thread are absolutely nuts:

https://twitter.com/disney/status/1116415629177884672?s=21

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm more interested in Disney-

To hell with Disney+

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh jeez, they're launching with The Simpsons.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hate to admit that I’ll subscribe to this the day it launches in the UK, but I totally will.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress me it’s going to be $7 a month at launch

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is there an ad free tier, because there wasn’t for specifically the Simpsons on the FX app

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Is there an ad free tier, because there wasn’t for specifically the Simpsons on the FX app

They're pushing movies pretty hard and there's no way that they have ads during those.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Escobarbarian posted:

gently caress me it’s going to be $7 a month at launch

For everything in that that thread that is an insanely good price. I didn't think it had a prayer of being less than $12.

EDIT: $69.99 a year. Yeah I'll be getting the hell out of this.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They’ll hike it up after they’ve burned Netflix to the ground (ok they probably won’t actually kill Netflix but you get my point)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's a summary of the details revealed.

quote:

LAUNCH DATE | November 12, 2019 (for U.S. subscribers); the service will roll out globally over the next two years

PRICES | $6.99 per month; $69.99 for an annual subscription. Content will be ad-free.

ANYTHING ELSE? | Mayer also told investors that it’s “likely” the company will bundle all of its streaming services — including Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ — for one price, adding that the bundled services would be available at a discount. Additionally, users will be able to download Disney+ content directly to their devices.

AVAILABLE AT LAUNCH:
* The Simpsons will make Disney+ its new exclusive home for streaming of past episodes
* Jon Favreau’s The Mandalorian, the first live-action Star Wars series
* Captain Marvel
* Forky Asks a Question, a series of Pixar shorts
* All Pixar theatrical shorts
* A live-action Lady and the Tramp
* The World According to Jeff Goldblum (via Nat Geo)
* More than 250 hours of content from Nat Geo
* 5,000 episodes of Disney Channel content
* 100 Disney Channel Original Movies

ROLLING OUT IN YEAR ONE:
* All Star Wars films
* All Pixar films
* Togo, an original film starring Willem Dafoe and telling the real-life story of a man and his lead sled dog’s journey through the Alaskan tundra
* Timmy Failure, an original film directed by Oscar winner Tom McCarthy
* Stargirl, based on the bestselling book
* More than 7,500 episodes and 500 films from the Disney library

OTHER SERIES ANNOUNCED:
* The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, starring Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan
* WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany
* Loki, starring Tom Hiddleston
* A Star Wars series about Cassian Andor and K-2S0, starring Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk
* High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
* Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2, a documentary series

OTHER MOVIES ANNOUNCED:
* A follow-up to the 2018 film Love, Simon
* The Phineas and Ferb Movie
* Noelle, a holiday movie starring Anna Kendrick, Bill Hader and others
* Lamp Life, a Pixar short starring Toy Story‘s Bo Peep

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm making the escalating excited Vince faces irl

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am going to watch the poo poo out of WandaVision

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Not paying for that Disney poo poo lol

In other news, there's a 2 hour JonBenét Ramsey documentary airing on A&E in like half an hour.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yep that’s an RM post alright

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

They also mentioned a Marvel Animated What If? series and the first episode is "What if Peggy Carter took the Super Soldier Serum?"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm only interested in the Marvel shows and just barely at that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

yep that’s an RM post alright

You know me too well :v:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Marvel shows and ad-free Simpsons are already enough to have me interested, although I'm disappointed that we don't yet know what tv shows encompass those thousands of episodes they're promising. I'm hoping for some old Disney Afternoon nostalgia, but I'd especially like all of the classic theatrical cartoons.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

J-Spot posted:

Marvel shows and ad-free Simpsons are already enough to have me interested, although I'm disappointed that we don't yet know what tv shows encompass those thousands of episodes they're promising. I'm hoping for some old Disney Afternoon nostalgia, but I'd especially like all of the classic theatrical cartoons.

They had a list of a few. The OG Ducktales was on it.

https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1116502539837550603

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:laffo:

They made a live-action Lady and the Tramp?????
https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/1116186784109662208?s=21

And I guess they gave up on FXX? Oh wait, Disney owns Fox now...derp.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

X-O posted:

That's the one that matters! I also see Mickey Mouse Shorts listed on there, which hopefully means Donald shorts as well. Edit: Actually that's probably just the new series not the classics.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When will Disney do a live-action Bre'r Rabbit?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

X-O posted:

https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1116502539837550603

What exactly is Ink & Paint going to be? Some kind of Disney Animation history doc?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What exactly is Ink & Paint going to be? Some kind of Disney Animation history doc?

I'd imagine it's based on the book of the same name which was about women that worked in Disney's animation department during the early years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Put The Sweatbox on Disney+, cowards.

Seriously though I have a three-year-old so I was always gonna subscribe to it but honestly this does seem like a very good deal, especially with the National Geographic content too.