Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

CJ posted:

Yeah, it's been a while since i've read it but i'm not sure "Everyone in Morioh has golden hearts" was a theme. Most of the random civilians they met were assholes. Off the top of my head there was the woman who Kira killed who was using her boyfriend, the baby store owner who scammed a senile old man, the guy who catcalled Tomoko in the car, the bullies who killed an innocent turtle. As for the stand users they were all assholes except for Tonio, and he's an Italian immigrant.

EDIT: Kira's coworker seemed like a nice guy.

This is a problem with the entirety of the series. Araki has some weird thing where to show off a newly introduced character's power all of a sudden all the bystanders have to be assholes so when the main characters give them a comeuppance it doesn't feel unwarranted. Even if the main character is like, Angelo or Kars or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

CJ posted:

Yeah, it's been a while since i've read it but i'm not sure "Everyone in Morioh has golden hearts" was a theme. Most of the random civilians they met were assholes. Off the top of my head there was the woman who Kira killed who was using her boyfriend, the baby store owner who scammed a senile old man, the guy who catcalled Tomoko in the car, the bullies who killed an innocent turtle. As for the stand users they were all assholes except for Tonio, and he's an Italian immigrant.

EDIT: Kira's coworker seemed like a nice guy.
Josuke's mom and grandpa were massive shits too.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
what the hell did josuke's mom do wrong other than have a grandpa fetish

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

somepartsareme posted:

what the hell did josuke's mom do wrong other than have a grandpa fetish

She assaulted a man driving a car. Her corrupt father covered it up.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the guy was harassing her, justice served imo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

somepartsareme posted:

the guy was harassing her, justice served imo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao if you watched that and thought it was anything but good

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Anyone who messes with Tomoko should be shot dead imo

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJ posted:

If it's so blatant why are so many people confused about it? The reason this discussion keeps coming up is because people finish Part 4 then come and ask what was up with Josuke meeting his future self. The OVA director in the video thought it was Josuke. If Araki did intend it to be a random guy he did a pretty poor job signalling so.
I only see one

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If Araki didn't mean for Josuke to time-travel, then why do I keep saying he did?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Mans posted:

I only see one

It's this thread's favourite reoccurring topic, just ahead of "Should Alessi have turned Joseph young?"

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CJ posted:

It's this thread's favourite reoccurring topic, just ahead of "Should Alessi have turned Joseph young?"

"CJ is a dipshit" is rapidly overtaking it

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

CJ posted:

She assaulted a man driving a car. Her corrupt father covered it up.
Essentially yeah.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, he's a cop so yeah.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
i feel like everytime this discussion comes up it comes to someone saying "it's not future josuke cause that's stupid and it being a random morioh citizen with a heart of gold makes sense cause themes are cool things to have in your fiction" and most people get it within a page

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
All you had to do was follow the drat plot CJ

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

That’s also ignoring the fact that we now literally have Araki saying there’s no connection. Not an “Araki said” but an actual quote. They could’ve introduced the flashback guy as Hank the Pompadour Delinquent in the next episode and CJ would still be insisting it was supposed to be Josuke.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

All you had to do was follow the drat plot CJ
cj when someone says josuke didnt save himself

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if you cat call, you a bitch
dude got off light

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 12, 2019

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

All this talk of lovely people in Morioh and no one mentioned how Koichi steals. Maybe it's this thread that has no dignity...

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

That’s also ignoring the fact that we now literally have Araki saying there’s no connection. Not an “Araki said” but an actual quote. They could’ve introduced the flashback guy as Hank the Pompadour Delinquent in the next episode and CJ would still be insisting it was supposed to be Josuke.

p much

at this point there's no way to invalidate CJ's head canon of "josuke was a time lord but araki decided to not do that and it was just a plot thread he left hanging". no matter the evidence that exists (even within the same scene!) it has to be josuke cause the guy has a pompadour and only josuke can have that pompadour

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Let's not worry too much about what the author said and interpret the text like adults.

Which is that it was a random do-gooder and had nothing to do with time travel.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Josuke Higashikata posted:

if you cat call, you a bitch
dude got off light

The guy was an rear end in a top hat but slamming someone's face through a pane of glass is an excessive response. Her father threatening the victim afterwards makes it worse. Honestly Angelo killing him probably did everyone a favour, in the two scenes we saw the dad he threatened an assault victim to cover it up then held a firearm to the head of a minor. The guy was a menace.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

no i think it was good that the guy's face was slammed into his car door, actually

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the guy deserved to lose his teeth and ryohei was cool

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Clearly in part 9 we will find out that it's actually the SBR universe Josuke who saves Josuke.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
You have a point that Morioh is full of weird assholes, but at the end of the day, even the former bad guys still don't deserve Kira being in their town and are actually decent people, and it's pretty interesting that a town full of Stand users could get on like that after Josuke and Friends "fixed" their attitudes. He's only able to do that because of the guy who saved him, who not only was a decent person, but he didn't look like it, and that's the main point. Like yeah, a lot of people in Morioh are assholes, but they still did their part to get rid of Kira, who was the only one who initially comes across as either nice or non-offensive. The assholes end up saving the day because part 4 is all about how anyone could get up to anything weird in those perfect, suburban houses, no matter how nice everything was on the surface, so of course the villain ends up looking like a normal suburban dweller. People who look and act like mean toughguys have more going on under the surface...

Except for the catcaller because gently caress that dude. :v:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Expect My Mom posted:

cj when someone says josuke didnt save himself

Oh no. CJ, don't look back!

TheLoneStar posted:

All this talk of lovely people in Morioh and no one mentioned how Koichi steals. Maybe it's this thread that has no dignity...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/japanese-man-stole-hundreds-school-girl-uniforms-cops-article-1.1828073
NO. DIGNITY.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

TheLoneStar posted:

And then later, he just straight up murdered a girl. Koichi was the real villain all along.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There is absolutely no pussyfooting about who Doppio really is in this episode.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

CJ posted:

The guy was an rear end in a top hat but slamming someone's face through a pane of glass is an excessive response.

shoulda gone for the nuts

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hogama posted:

There is absolutely no pussyfooting about who Doppio really is in this episode.
I was surprised by how much the manga spells it out

but I'd still like people to just not say Yes That's The Boss like we did with Fugo never coming back

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I forget, but is it clear of the Doppio/Diavolo split at this point? If not there will be a bit of a reveal still.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The fortuneteller says that Doppio has a second/split soul, his eyes turn into the triangle pupils that Diavolo's are, which were featured in last week's ep, and he might even actually summon King Crimson.

it's like, widly obvious in the manga

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

The fortuneteller says that Doppio has a second/split soul, his eyes turn into the triangle pupils that Diavolo's are, which were featured in last week's ep, and he might even actually summon King Crimson.

it's like, widly obvious in the manga

Christ I forgot it was that obvious!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
me too! to the point that I don't know how i thought it was a secret

like ignore my post about being subtle, they loving say it unless they edit this scene

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

again, the fact alone that his hair is pink as hell when we've already kinda picked up on hair color from the shadowy diavolo face and it's like the same shade as trish's is a pretty clear indicator from the beginning that Something is up. especially when it's not like he'd be some other relative given it's been made really clear that the boss would not let someone like that live.

no one should be going out of their way to directly say it or even hint at it, of course, but it's going to be as obvious as a car crash

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the fortune teller scene was unbelievable. some parts with doppio getting attacked by risotto were poorly animated, but wow did they play up his transformation

also, i've heard people saying that one of the themes of doppio vs giorno is like christ vs antichrist, and the scenes they added to this episode really seems to drive home an antichrist theme for doppio/diavolo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I'll admit, I was kinda bummed by how they handled these pages

but the scene where Epitapth works it's way out of Doppio's forehead and the way his eyes transform are rad. The phone ringing is done very well too

also I was totally about to be the CinemaSins guy and stupidly ask 'Why doesn't Diavolo just take over Doppio and kill Risotto right now, avoiding this whole fight" before Diavolo himself told me that he didn't want to reveal himself right here, in broad daylight, when anyone could see him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Diavolo's backstory is sure something huh.
Maybe the most nonsensical thing in all of Jojo's?