Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really like the new hair for that character, it used to be purple and he was all one color which maybe wasnt the best choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

drat there's even a cleavage window

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

dogsicle posted:

drat there's even a cleavage window

my SO read the manga and has told me that this character is extremely gay, so we're crankin this poo poo up to ELEVEN

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ChaseSP posted:

I don't think you can really render a virus inert with cold assuming Purple Haze is a regular virus but a overcharged horrifying flesh eating disease.

The Ice would block it, and he could cover his breathing holes while he ran out of range.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But what if the ice was a snake

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Grapplejack posted:

my SO read the manga and has told me that this character is extremely gay, so we're crankin this poo poo up to ELEVEN

every character in part 5 is like that though

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Honestly, if Araki felt he wrote himself into a corner with Purple Haze's power he could've just ignored what it did in its first appearance and write new limited powers for the next time, it's not like he hasn't done that multiple times before.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Or he could have just killed Fugo off

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i think i posted this way earlier in the thread but i sent my friend who knows nothing of jojo the boat dance and all he says back is "why did i just watch three homosexuals dance in front of a severed head?"

because, my friend, you deserve it. that's how much i love you

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Araki has stated that he was depressed at the time he wrote this part and couldn't bear to have the boys turn on each other. That's why Fugo doesn't go along with the rest of the group.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grapplejack posted:

"extremely gay" in JoJo is a really weird thing to say :v:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

overmind2000 posted:

Preview image for this week's episode

move over narancia, there's a new best boy in town

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Can anyone else not see the name "Narancia" without automatically hearing it in Fugo's copyright-free voice anymore? (NARANCIA, you need to go to a store and buy some stuff??)

Or is that just me?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Bifauxnen posted:

Can anyone else not see the name "Narancia" without automatically hearing it in Fugo's copyright-free voice anymore? (NARANCIA, you need to go to a store and buy some stuff??)

Or is that just me?

Just you from over here but I feel your pain. Nothing will overpower my correct internal pronunciation for the best boy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bifauxnen posted:

Or is that just me?

At this point I find it really hard to separate my thoughts on both versions in general, sort of like what happens with DB's English voices and TFS.

Also I giggle like a goddamn idiot every time I see anything drug-related because I have copyright-free Giorno's face popping into my head, "droogs" included.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

very good episode. loved the scene with the fortune teller

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
ピルルル....

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Today's episode was so beautiful

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Might be episode of the show so far?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Oh man, that part where that second face grows on his forehead was weird. And I’ve gotta say, Metallica to Metallic is one of the simplest name changes so far.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 12, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Something I'm kinda disappointed by is that they cut out the minor detail that Doppio starts to get a headache right before he switches to The Boss.

Edit: Oh, I'm wrong! He doesn't get a headache the first time.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 12, 2019

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
welp it's official this is the stand that I hate the most that was the grossest poo poo aaaaaaaa

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Neopie posted:

welp it's official this is the stand that I hate the most that was the grossest poo poo aaaaaaaa

Yeah this ep and the next are gonna be real rough for anyone who gets queasy about blood and things poking human skin

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Metallica is one of my favorite Stands due to the way it's able to be used, but :stonk:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah this section of the story gets roooough. Even Doppio sticking his finger behind the dude's eye made me flinch

the manga makes it a lot more brutal imo (spoiled for gore)

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I knew by osmosis that this would get bloody but David actually doing it :allears: Risotto has a voice of god.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I like how Araki draws blood spurts where it just looks like ink splashed on the page

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
araki just loves to draw frogs getting squished

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I will never not read Nero's lines in a James Hetfield voice.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah this section of the story gets roooough. Even Doppio sticking his finger behind the dude's eye made me flinch

the manga makes it a lot more brutal imo (spoiled for gore)

Either stand users heal faster than normal people or Doppio has the highest durability of any non-undead character in the series :stare:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Doppio is my favorite Part 5 character.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Funky Valentine posted:

Doppio is my favorite Part 5 character.

Judging by the online reception of this week's episode I'd say that the American fanbase 100% agrees

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

overmind2000 posted:

Either stand users heal faster than normal people or Doppio has the highest durability of any non-undead character in the series :stare:

JoJo characters have always been able to take horrific amounts of abuse, Vanilla Ice basically carved Polnareff to bits and he was fine again at the end of the same fight. Really if you want anything to stick against a Stand user it's either got to be 500 consecutive punches or a hole through the chest.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Might be episode of the show so far?

You said it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

multijoe posted:

JoJo characters have always been able to take horrific amounts of abuse, Vanilla Ice basically carved Polnareff to bits and he was fine again at the end of the same fight. Really if you want anything to stick against a Stand user it's either got to be 500 consecutive punches or a hole through the chest.

Not to mention Bruno unquestionably having been punched right through the spine/ribs and still being able to somewhat fight afterwards.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jojo will never be the series to look to for realism in terms of proper handling of wounds

which i guess is for the best, it would slow down way too much if it gave a poo poo about that

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Risotto's stand is horrific but the eyeball stuff made me look away. Jojo, so far, always got some gruesome body horror stuff

Part 1 - Dio playing with Jonathan's neck veins

Part 2 - Santana jumping inside Stroheim's open leg wound

Part 3 - Yellow Temperance and the dog

Part 4 - Jotaro's hand and the couple inside the fridge during the Ratt arc.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Poor Doppio is just a good boy trying to do his best and all these scary things keep happening to him :(

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

You know, maybe it's because I haven't read it in a while but I swear I don't recall the manga being nearly so explicit about what Doppio's deal was at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Beyond the fact that Doppio is shown more in the flashback, this is how the manga handled it at this point.