Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This season is shady and I love it.

I also love Alyssa Edwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“Why you pressed, ho?” loving slayeddddd me

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm excited for Best Winner Jinkx to appear to tell these bitches how to play the Snatch Game

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao this untucked

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao not brooke giving the camera exasperated looks

ilu canuck kween

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The Alyssa segment was amazing. I mean really just make her a permanent judge and/or coach at this point.

I feel like the runway is a step up from the Monster Ball; Plastique and Yvie's outfits were great. I liked Yvie's more but Plastique definitely looked more "fashion week" as they asked, so I'm fine with that. Brooke honestly seemed a little boring when she came out, but she was selling the gently caress out of it.

I honestly felt like Nina could have ended up in the top if she had just paired that top with a big skirt. Or hell, just wrap some burlap to make a long-rear end train. The top honestly looked really good, it just needed to be balanced out by something at the bottom and that corn husk pencil skirt ain't it.

Also the heartfelt moment between Ru and Plastique felt so... fake after hearing so many accounts of Ru being completely detached from the queens out of the show. Which, you know, I'm fine with someone being strictly professional, but if you're gonna be that and say "I'm your new mommy" it's gonna feel disingenuous.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I am very much over Yvie but I loved her runway this week.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Whenever she opens her mouth to give her shady brand of constructive criticism I just hear Jiggly saying she's keeping it 100 lmao

Except I like Jiggly

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm not watching Untucked this season but lmfao @ that Brooke compilation

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

big mood

e: here we go

esperterra fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 12, 2019

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
I'm starting to think the O'Hara name may be cursed

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Watching Brooke eat everything on that table made me wish I wasn't allergic to Literally All Raw Produce. I am waiting for the day we solve allergies and I can eat anything I want without worrying about anaphylactic shock.
Vanessa saying "Take that bad juju over there, get outta here" while fanning the air loving annihilated me, please give her her own show on WowPresents.
Plastique's walk through critique...it felt fake but drat if I didn't connect to the whole thing about her parents not approving of who she is. I'm lucky that my siblings are both approving of my gender AND petty enough to exclusively use gender neutral terms/pronouns around my parents. If I didn't have that emotional safety net I don't know what I'd do.

God I hate that I like Silkie's look so much
Brooke: "my denim look" BITCH WHERE? It looks good don't get me wrong, but it doesn't look like an unconventional materials challenge, OR denim.
I really appreciate how Ra'jah matched the bark to her skintone, so it kinda looks like she's not wearing a top at all. Very good illusion. Outfit could be better.

HOW is it only the top 8 I feel like this season has lasted for a hundred years.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
This is the gettin' on each others' nerves season. Everyone's yelling and getting pissed about everything. Although the Yvie/Vangie fight felt a little staged like they're just trying get some screen time. They really edited this episode to make Rajah look bad - but that's all on her, she doesn't have to talk all that poo poo.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
What the gently caress was Nina doing on the runway.

She looked so uncomfortable every step.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

big dyke energy posted:

What the gently caress was Nina doing on the runway.

She looked so uncomfortable every step.

Yea. I actually ended up liking the outfit more than I thought but she was moving really loving weird.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Holy poo poo I can't tell if the edit is making Rajah look this terrible or she's actually this terrible. We're beyond Milk levels of delusion

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I honestly really enjoyed Ra'Jah's outfit, but it was falling apart on the runway and the headpiece hid her crazy braid. The fit of the pants was really nice and I dug the bark stripe but poo poo was coming apart.

Anyway I'll miss the bitch. She's a great poo poo stirrer who I enjoyed watching read people and being all pressed.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Had to watch this episode cause I heard my girl Plastique won. Ru felt super exploitive even more so than usual in the workroom though. I love how blatant it feels more when they schedule in these random choreo challenges right before a design challenge so they can throw out some random bullshit to justify their desired winner. Brooke didn't show much personality (in the choreo that we saw like 30 seconds of and maybe 4 seconds of Brooke in it)!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

idk I loved Brooke's outfit but I think Plastique absolutely deserved the win on runway alone. Like Ru said in the werk room, the issue isn't necessarily often having the same silhouette, but not doing anything new with it. Plastique may have not done much 'new' or w/e but the styling and execution of that outfit was loving on point. The detailing in it was nuts and poo poo looked polished.

Brooke was also super polished but w/ a much simpler outfit. They both owned but I think Plastique won fair and square. Yvie's outfit was also really good but had a much more awkward fit, and not in a way that felt purposeful. I think it was amazing but just a step below the other two in terms of looking finished.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Brooke's outfit was better but imo it didn't embrace the challenge as much. The only two outfits that really gave me "farm" were Ra'jah and Nina's.

Ra'jah was a good TV villain but byeeee

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm not saying Plastique didn't deserve the win but imo it was very close to a tie (which they don't like doing) so they had to throw in some random garbage to make the win more thorough as it were.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah Farm to Runway or w/e was a misleading runway name imo, if only because their organic materials clearly included poo poo like denim and stuff so it wasn't wholly a 'you have to use food to make the clothes' thing.

e: I would have been content either way between Brooke and Plastique for the win, but I did like Plastique's outfit more. I just kept staring at it, even in Untucked. That headpiece w/ that mug was so good.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I loved Ra'jah as a villian. Each confessional was better than the last. :munch:

It was her time to go, but I have a feeling others are going to easily fill the void.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

I loved Ra'jah as a villian. Each confessional was better than the last. :munch:

It was her time to go, but I have a feeling others are going to easily fill the void.

Yeah, at least it's not a villain leaving a gaping void where she left. Silky and Yvie's grudge alone can fuel the back half if they both make it to top 4, which I assume they both will considering their edits.

e: it's funny i see some people trying to compare silky and yvie to phi phi and sharon which please can we stop pushing the yvie is sharon 2.0 thing cause yvie is no sharon, BUT i find it particularly funny because more often than not yvie is the one making phi phi-esque comments to the other queens lol

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Just now watching untucked

Yvie is pretty confrontational but she's also correct.

Silkie's outfit being "stretch fabric with beans on it" YUP

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yvie certainly is correct a lot of the time, but that doesn't make it fun to watch for me. You can be confrontational and accurate and still be entertaining. She just comes off super aggressively and then immediately gets defensive when people tell her she's coming off mean.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

esperterra posted:

Yvie certainly is correct a lot of the time, but that doesn't make it fun to watch for me. You can be confrontational and accurate and still be entertaining. She just comes off super aggressively and then immediately gets defensive when people tell her she's coming off mean.

Yeah, she's kind of giving me a S10 Vixen vibe. She's mostly correct in her arguments, but she's more confrontational than makes for good TV, it's not cute.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Pinwiz11 posted:

I died when after Plastique had that emotional walkthrough moment, they cut to Ra'jah and the backing music is like, military marching snares, and she was having precisely none of it. I'm fine seeing her leave but disappointed she didn't come to snatch game out of drag and just be Stefan Urquel

esperterra posted:

Really if we got an edit where Yvie was a mime I think this problem would be solved. Her face is so drat expressive/gif-able, then she says shady poo poo and ruins it. Mime Yvie FTW

One last edit for the most important thing that I think we can all agree on: no matter what, this episode was worth it because ALYSSA EDWARDS

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 12, 2019

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

If Yvie wrapped her criticism in delightful shade, it'd be a whole different picture.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

If Yvie wrapped her criticism in delightful shade, it'd be a whole different picture.

For sure, and it honestly seems like everyone is fine with her save for Silky and Ra’jah

And I’m glad Ra’jah is gone because she’s been a sour shitsack since ep 2. Bitter boots all the way. freaking out about Plastique “lying” about her family is insane. there have been so many instances of the “if they knew, they’d be proud of you” deal with estranged families but nope, she had to stomp on Plastique because she knew she was goin’ home.

Suga snacking on the produce and Brooke’s “why can’t we all repress our emotions like normal people?!” were absolutely the high points of the night.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wad also living for Shuga's 'well you brought it up...' to Ra'Jah lmao

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

esperterra posted:

I wad also living for Shuga's 'well you brought it up...' to Ra'Jah lmao

I doubt she’s gonna get to the end but I hope she sticks around at least a few more episodes because Shuga’s energy and talking heads are an honest delight.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shuga owns and I bet she survives Snatch Game and then goes home the following week. RIP

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I havent watched any Untucked this season yet and it sounds like it's unwatchable... but, is it? I have a Sunday to myself to binge it if it's worth it

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

tote up a bags posted:

I havent watched any Untucked this season yet and it sounds like it's unwatchable... but, is it? I have a Sunday to myself to binge it if it's worth it

It's... a lot. Feels like 70% of it is Silky being a fuckin' rear end in a top hat who's either having a tantrum or being uncomfortably handsy with every judge within arm's reach.

It's got high points as well I guess?

If you have an afternoon to burn, you're better off streaming Letterkenny.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

tote up a bags posted:

It’s been high drama this season. If you want to watch queens argue with/scream at each other then it’s good. If not, ...

It’s good

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

tote up a bags posted:

If you like bitchy petty drama with delusional people lying on camera and BITCH I WAS READY TO LIP SYNC, then you'll love it.

(I love it)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This past Untucked is def worth watching. YMMV on the prior episodes.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It's manufactured drama. The Untucked queens don't feel like the same people we see in the werkroom.

e. I wasn't high on this one because it was even more screaming than usual, and the attacks were even more disingenuous than usual. I watch it because I'm a sucker, but I don't think I can recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Yvie owns because she makes people mad by just saying poo poo straight up and with no wrapping, actually