Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
8. Kingdom Hearts 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage (Proud Mode)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
1. Deltarune
2. Smash tv coop
3. Devil May Cry 3 Normal Dante
4. Celeste

5. DUSK

I might have hyped it for myself a bit too much because of how much I liked Quake. It's still fantastic, but they play it a bit too safe with the weapons, the only interesting one being the crossbow that goes through walls. The sound on the guns is great and almost all of them feel fantastic. The really stingy ammo limit per gun in theory makes you want to cycle through weapons more often, but in practice it sometimes makes you fight airborne enemies with the grenade launcher which can be a bit tedious.
My biggest gripe with the weapons, and the entire game really, is how the weapon switching time almost completely negates the ability to do sick combos because it waits until your shooting+reloading animation is over before it switches. Given that i had to puzzle out the keybinds to make almost everything accesible nearly instantaenously, I feel a bit disappointed.

The level design is pretty good most of the time, with some levels that seem a bit uninspired, but there are two or three that are really fantastic.
Not a lot of crazy movement mechanics unfortunately, bunnyhopping works fine enough, and the slide is cool but the uncrouching afterwards leaves you very open. I wish they'd have mixed and matched mechanics more often, its only in the penultimate level where you get to use the Superhot powerup against guys that shoot insane bursts of exploding skulls to weave through them in slomo.

nevertheless this game is really good and anyone who misses quake should absolutely give it a spin at least once. Some really cool ideas and while theres a dud stage or two, it's still a ridiculous amount of good content.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
7) Turok PC remake was badass. Level design was clever and surprisingly expansive for a N64 game. I can’t imagine how this was remotely playable at like 3FPS with a N64 controller but was great at a buttery smooth 1080p. I was going to beat Turok 2 but it felt like a proto-AAA game with mission objectives and not a fun arcade style FPS like the first so I dropped it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Chill Callahan posted:

7) Turok PC remake was badass. Level design was clever and surprisingly expansive for a N64 game. I can’t imagine how this was remotely playable at like 3FPS with a N64 controller but was great at a buttery smooth 1080p. I was going to beat Turok 2 but it felt like a proto-AAA game with mission objectives and not a fun arcade style FPS like the first so I dropped it

you should play dusk instead

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chill Callahan posted:

iirc the fps in turok 1 on n64 wasn't too terrible becasue of the constant fog 2 feet in front of your face.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

iirc the fps in turok 1 on n64 wasn't too terrible becasue of the constant fog 2 feet in front of your face.

You can turn it on on PC as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Turok levels are hosed up and way too big.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

Turok levels are hosed up and way too big.
This. It's even worse in the 2nd one where they span like the size of 12 doom levels and have puzzles that require items from random locations across the map.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

turok 1 is terrible and turning off the fog on pc lets every enemy on the map hitscan shoot you from 10 miles away

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

turok 1 is terrible and turning off the fog on pc lets every enemy on the map hitscan shoot you from 10 miles away

Sounds like you need to get good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Sounds like you need to get good.

this tbh

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh no the mean dinosaurs are running at me from 20 miles away and i can see them running accross the whole level. there's nothing i can do to stop them no great shields, no build guides, no summon signs for magapizzaloliloverkekman42 ....this is impossible noOOOoOOOOooOOo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
please everyone, we can all agree both that turok is terrible and also bob is bad at it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Turdok

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

please everyone, we can all agree both that turok is terrible and also bob is bad at it

okay

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

mysterious loyall X posted:

oh no the mean dinosaurs are running at me from 20 miles away and i can see them running accross the whole level. there's nothing i can do to stop them no great shields, no build guides, no summon signs for magapizzaloliloverkekman42 ....this is impossible noOOOoOOOOooOOo

what were they thinking

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think everyone bought turok 2 purely to use the cerebral bore on their friends

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

6) Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Purification)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sekiro. This game is loving incredible.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Blaster Master Zero 2 - 100%

Very good win screen

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

Blaster Master Zero 2 - 100%

Very good win screen

:popeye:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. DQXI
1a. DQXI post game
2. Devil May Cry 2 (Dante and Lucia discs)
3. Full Metal Furies (4p Co-Op)
4. RE2 Claire A/Leon B
5. DMC 3
6. DMC 4
7. DMC 5.
8. Bloodborne+DLC all bosses.
9. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Ending A, B)
10. Grim Dawn - All Acts + Forgotten Gods expansion.

Sick game. The last act has some really cool environments. I'm excited to see what these guys make after this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country. Did everything in the game except fight the level 100 superboss bc I didn't want to grind 30 levels to attempt it. Good rear end expansion, and the final scene was sick even though you knew what it was gonna be bc it's a prequel. It made me want to replay XBC2, they added a NG+ and a bunch of other crap since I finished it

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Bloodborne (and The Old Hunters)

Easily one of the best games I've ever played and I wish I hadn't waited so long to try it. I played Demon's Souls not long before and it was cool to see little references here and there or reiterations of weird ideas from that game in this one

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Halo: Combat Evolved (Heroic)

Man, the assault rifle is useless!

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
9. Unravel 2 (2-player)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Devil May Cry 4. Godlike game despite the handful of annoying fights against the huge god of war style bosses (they sucked in DMC1 too). Were these other chars dlc or something when the game originally came out? There's so many options to play the game again and again. Fully Powered Up Dante has so many options in battle it made my brain hurt

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

Devil May Cry 4. Godlike game despite the handful of annoying fights against the huge god of war style bosses (they sucked in DMC1 too). Were these other chars dlc or something when the game originally came out? There's so many options to play the game again and again. Fully Powered Up Dante has so many options in battle it made my brain hurt

im pretty sure you originally could only play as nero and dante

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I think they actually added them in for the current gen ports. Fuvcking awesome game, are you gonna do DMCV next?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think they actually added them in for the current gen ports. Fuvcking awesome game, are you gonna do DMCV next?

I'm gonna wait till DMCV goes on discount so instead I started playing as Vergil, who has a loving awesome moveset

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
10. Uncharted Drake's Fortune (Normal)

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
12. Pyre

supergiant makes good poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

12. Pyre

supergiant makes good poo poo

drat I only beat one "loop" of that I need to pick it back up

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

2. Sekiro - Purification Ending

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. DQXI
1a. DQXI post game
4. RE2 Claire A/Leon B
5. DMC 3
6. DMC 4
7. DMC 5.
11. Borderlands

Just so everyone is clear: this was an ironic play through.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

fadam posted:

1. DQXI
1a. DQXI post game
4. RE2 Claire A/Leon B
5. DMC 3
6. DMC 4
7. DMC 5.
11. Borderlands

Just so everyone is clear: this was an ironic play through.

We play games sincerely here.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Failson with 4000 hours of games beaten by April

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Failson with 4000 hours of games beaten by April

Jealous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam