Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oops forgot to thank god now half my teams injured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of my pitchers is getting blown the gently caress up today.

gently caress pitching.

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

I have high apple pie in the sky hopes.
Justin Upton, Nick Castellanos, I'm starting to think that getting outfielders based on their stubbed toe UZR ratio was a bad idea...

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

EVERY SINGLE ONE of my pitchers is getting blown the gently caress up today.

gently caress pitching.

Meanwhile, Pete Alonso continues to mash.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Walker Buehler is uhhh...wow.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
Pete Alonso rules.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I still have the Chris Davis of fantasy bullpens. Zero saves.

Right now I have Doolittle, Givens and Kennedy. Should I drop Givens and Kennedy and use their roster spots to stream vulture saves? It's a Yahoo pro league, so unlimited add/drops, but a 1400 inning limit for the season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monday_ posted:

Right now I have Doolittle, Givens and Kennedy. Should I drop Givens and Kennedy and use their roster spots to stream vulture saves? It's a Yahoo pro league, so unlimited add/drops, but a 1400 inning limit for the season.

I'm not even sure how you could even semi-reliably do that

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Just popping by to say Kirby Yates rules.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Monday_ posted:

Are Ryan Pressly, Ottavino, or Familia available? I'd rather roster solid 8th inning guys like that, than trying to stream a bunch of mediocre RP hoping you time things just right.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Are Ryan Pressly, Ottavino, or Familia available? I'd rather roster solid 8th inning guys like that, than trying to stream a bunch of mediocre RP hoping you time things just right.

I dropped Rogers for Pressly the other night for the same reason, plus Pressly is going to just rack up strikeouts.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
You can vulture saves using whatever site tracks those, but obviously it's leaving things to chance

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Closer monkey will give you daily save vulture updates, but holy poo poo is that way more work than I want to put into getting an odd save here and there.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This looks like another year where I say gently caress pitching every week and just hope for the win in Ks

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Saves suck poo poo and I wish I had just monopolized holds now. Craig Stammen is the Shane Greene of holds.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
drat I had the choice of meadows and vogelbach and went vogelbach :/

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Carlos Carrasco

:negative:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

And Alcantara.

gently caress pitching.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
As long as asscab is a ranger he’s a must start in Arlington. It’s weird.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
My team having one of it's better days so far today:

gently caress pitching.

gently caress hitting.

gently caress baseball.

gently caress my life.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Smart: Drafting Kyle Hendricks late on every team because he has sneaky value
Smarter: Forgetting to start him and having it work out because gently caress pitching

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
So, sometimes drafting a ton of closers works out. Someone in my league offered a 1B for a closer, so I threw out Freeman for Treinen, and it was accepted.

I still have Yates, Hader, Allen, Smith, and Greene.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Twin Cinema posted:

So, sometimes drafting a ton of closers works out. Someone in my league offered a 1B for a closer, so I threw out Freeman for Treinen, and it was accepted.

I still have Yates, Hader, Allen, Smith, and Greene.

Years ago I played in a league with a guy who drafted as many closers as he possibly could, and ended up making some pretty savvy trades and won the league.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Years ago I played in a league with a guy who drafted as many closers as he possibly could, and ended up making some pretty savvy trades and won the league.

Savvy trades. Funny.

I tried to make a "savvy trade" and you guys vetoed it.

Good luck getting that Treinen for Freeman deal to go through.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Savvy trades. Funny.

I tried to make a "savvy trade" and you guys vetoed it.

Good luck getting that Treinen for Freeman deal to go through.

lol

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

cowards.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dude you were ripping him the F off.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
You should never veto for trade rape you should veto for collusion. Ripping someone off isn't a vetoable reason and he should be mad.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

You should never veto for trade rape you should veto for collusion. Ripping someone off isn't a vetoable reason and he should be mad.

THANK YOU.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:allears:

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Doltos posted:

Yeah, you only veto for collusion. Your opinion about whether or not the trade was fair is irrelevant.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

What was the trade that was vetoed?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

What was the trade that was vetoed?

Jayson Heyward for Giancarlo Stanton

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I dunno, I don't like to veto good-faith trades, but there is a limit. Like I would veto a Trout for Eduardo Nunez trade even if it wasn't collusion. And probably leave the league if it went through.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Pussy Boss posted:

I dunno, I don't like to veto good-faith trades, but there is a limit. Like I would veto a Trout for Eduardo Nunez trade even if it wasn't collusion. And probably leave the league if it went through.

There's been plenty of trades where I thought one side was getting the better end of it, but there's been a few so bad that I wonder if the guy trading Stanton is just trolling at this point.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

There's been plenty of trades where I thought one side was getting the better end of it, but there's been a few so bad that I wonder if the guy trading Stanton is just trolling at this point.

Then why let the other ones through? You guys are being really selective about this one trade. You let the Arenado one through, and the Flaherty deal.

Heyward is currently the #10 ranked player in this league. Maybe he has finally put things together. Stanton is currently on the DL. He could spend half the season there if the bicep injury is recurring. I don't get what it is about this trade that is such an insult to you. I get being a Cubs fan you're down on Heyward, but jesus gently caress you guys are acting like he has negative trade value.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Then why let the other ones through? You guys are being really selective about this one trade. You let the Arenado one through, and the Flaherty deal.

Heyward is currently the #10 ranked player in this league. Maybe he has finally put things together. Stanton is currently on the DL. He could spend half the season there if the bicep injury is recurring. I don't get what it is about this trade that is such an insult to you. I get being a Cubs fan you're down on Heyward, but jesus gently caress you guys are acting like he has negative trade value.

If it makes you feel better, I didn't actually vote against it until he coyly acted like he was just your AAA team (wherein I voted against all of them because then yes, it did seem like he was actually just loving with the league for laughs).

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

If it makes you feel better, I didn't actually vote against it until he coyly acted like he was just your AAA team (wherein I voted against all of them because then yes, it did seem like he was actually just loving with the league for laughs).

Dude that wasn't even my team, he was referring to Hats for Bats.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dude that wasn't even my team, he was referring to Hats for Bats.

Oh, with the way you're raging I just assumed that was you

e: lol I didn't realize that the Heyward/Stanton trade wasn't with H4B

I still maintain my position. Collusion/trolling is veto-able and he was probably doing one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Fwiw I also voted against the Arenado trade. But apparently not enough of us did.

Also if it makes you feel any better you're kicking the poo poo out of me this week. Yeesh.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 15, 2019