Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Zebulon posted:

That'd be one of the big ones, yeah. Elian Gonzalas is the other really obvious, huge one that comes to mind.

Man remember when republicans got really mad the govt was deporting a Hispanic kid? Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

StashAugustine posted:

Man remember when republicans got really mad the govt was deporting a Hispanic kid? Lol

That kid must be what? 30 or so now?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mr Interweb posted:

My knowledge of the Clinton Justice Dept. is pretty limited. What did Reno do that was problematic exactly?

She was responsible for a lot of the more egregious arrests and prosecutions of daycare workers and random metalheads during the Satanic Panic.

e: lol one of the people she prosecuted is still in jail, cool

Hellsau has issued a correction as of 02:03 on Apr 13, 2019

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It's good that the Waco cult died :colbert:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

That kid must be what? 30 or so now?

Elian Gonzalez is an engineer and was active in Young Communist orgs and is a marxist now

I think he came out good

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Uncle Wemus posted:

Even better that there no reprocussions!

[MURRAH_FEDERAL.JPG]

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
rescuing elian from his kidnappers was the correct choice

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

yeah he's a communist now lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
woo boy. you might remember some of these details from awhile back

https://twitter.com/nate_thayer/status/1116864684722880513

quote:

A white supremacist Iraq war veteran currently serving in the Arizona National Guard was recently appointed new national leader for the Atomwaffen Division—the third change in leadership in less than two months as other members resign in the wake of a South Carolina based apocalyptic Satanic doomsday cult consolidating their control over the American domestic terror group, according to former members of Atomwaffen Division, intercepted online discussion logs, interviews, documents, and other sources.

Another top leader of Atomwaffen Division is a U.S. army soldier stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas who is a practicing Satanist, ardent devotee of mass murderer and cult leader Charles Manson, and an avowed Nazi.

A third key leader is a convicted domestic terrorist from when he was “Minister of Islamic Liaison” for the white supremacist Aryan Nations and who leads an extreme South Carolina Satanic temple that practices human sacrifice and other rituals that make even most mainstream practicing devil worshippers recoil in objection.

At least nine members of the Order of Nine Angles Tempel of Blood Satanic group are now in key positions of leadership in the white supremacist, neo-Nazi Atomwaffen Division domestic terror group, which has vowed a campaign of random violence, mass murder, and terror attacks to destroy American institutions.

The Order of Nine Angles offshoot Satanic Tempel of Blood is an extremist sect of Satanism steeped in Nazism that practices real life human sacrifice, or murder, champions figures such as Hitler, Charles Manson, Pol Pot, the government and ideology of North Korea, and Jim Jones, among a long who’s who list of serial killers and terrorists. The Tempel of Blood requires it’s Satanic initiates to infiltrate extremist political movements susceptible to disruption, manipulation, and conversion in efforts to radicalize them to engage in violent acts of murder and terror.

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

StashAugustine posted:

the only cared because to them he was a precious cuban exile, fleeing from big mean castro and his communism.

god gently caress that news story when it happened, it interrupted my saturday morning power rangers with the news when they did the raid to take him from his gusano relatives for deportation and i think that is what made me hate the government as a little kid. still,

Al! posted:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Out of all the bad things Reno did, killing chuds at Waco and Ruby Ridge and preemptively preventing Elian from being a chid are not among them

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Uncle Wemus posted:

not good that children were burned to death

actually I think forensics say most of them were shot before the fire because the branch davidians likely started the fire

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
thayer says that's the first of five articles on AWD with the followups covering the ToB cult. it would not surprise me if he had police sources.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

So I dont know what that link is, but its been hijacked by some really malware ridden redirects.

Raskolnikov2089 has issued a correction as of 02:15 on Apr 13, 2019

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I have to say "satanic death cult" is wayyyyy more relatable than wanna be nazis

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Phi230 posted:

Out of all the bad things Reno did, killing chuds at Ruby Ridge

the only people the cops killed at ruby ridge were a 14-year-old kid and a woman holding a baby

and they didn't even successfully convict anyone

and they helped inspire the OKC bombing

goddamn Reno was a piece of poo poo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Y'all might want to refresh your memories as to who was President and Attorney General at the time of Ruby Ridge

quote:

Ruby Ridge was the site of an eleven-day siege near Naples, Idaho, U.S., beginning on August 21, 1992,

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

FMguru posted:

Y'all might want to refresh your memories as to who was President and Attorney General at the time of Ruby Ridge

drat, Reno's even stealing the credit for Ruby Ridge, what a monster.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Race Realists posted:

Correct me if im wrong but isnt matt walsh that one loving idiot Christian dad on twitter who thought married men so much as being in the same presence as a woman theyre not married to was immoral?:v:

Yeah. He's preety much a Catholic Ben Shapiro.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've heard Waco refereed a lot to recently, all unrelated, but it did remind me about the right wing paranoia of the 90s. How they'd constantly talk about the government being corrupt and not obeying to constitution, and the police murdering people without any penalities, and an all out war upon the US population by its own government, and we literally have that now, but they're all happy that strong daddy is here.

I mean its obvious why, because this poo poo is being aimed at the people they don't like, but god loving drat, i cannot wait until the olds all pass.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Dead Beef posted:

starting to think fascism is just a masculinity cult

old ppl trying to drag the country back to the time when their dicks worked
see: Bolton, teump, pompeo, Stephen Miller (not old but born w/ the soul of a boomer)

Mr. Sharps has issued a correction as of 03:40 on Apr 13, 2019

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

twistedmentat posted:

I've heard Waco refereed a lot to recently, all unrelated, but it did remind me about the right wing paranoia of the 90s. How they'd constantly talk about the government being corrupt and not obeying to constitution, and the police murdering people without any penalities, and an all out war upon the US population by its own government, and we literally have that now, but they're all happy that strong daddy is here.

I mean its obvious why, because this poo poo is being aimed at the people they don't like, but god loving drat, i cannot wait until the olds all pass.

They are training youthful replacements, all as vile as themselves but lacking the knowledge that it's all just a grift -- they're true believers in toxic ideology. Ben Shapiro is still but a wee lad, for example, and will live for decades to come unless his Alt-Reich fans turn on him, which they will.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i hate to defend the cops but waco is almost entirely on koresh.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Mr. Sharps posted:

old ppl trying to drag the country back to the time when their dicks worked
see: Bolton, teump, pompeo, Stephen Miller (not old but born w/ the soul of a boomer)

Miller is so so so much worse than just "a boomer".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Screaming Idiot posted:

They are training youthful replacements, all as vile as themselves but lacking the knowledge that it's all just a grift -- they're true believers in toxic ideology. Ben Shapiro is still but a wee lad, for example, and will live for decades to come unless his Alt-Reich fans turn on him, which they will.

Wait, Shapiro isn't 50?

While that is true, it's also they're soooooo loving dumb. Without leadership they'll just be screaming memes and pooping it diapers.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

twistedmentat posted:

Wait, Shapiro isn't 50?

While that is true, it's also they're soooooo loving dumb. Without leadership they'll just be screaming memes and pooping it diapers.

They already are and they're still succeeding in making the world a worse place.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm no Fed lover or anything but Reno didn't set that fire, the child bride cult did

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Screaming Idiot posted:

Yes but there is less of them then before which is a good thing. They are ever so slowly getting dying off, its just nowhere near fast enough.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Telsa Cola posted:

Yes but there is less of them then before which is a good thing. They are ever so slowly getting dying off, its just nowhere near fast enough.

But in all seriousness, conservatism is an attractive ideology for stupid children -- it reinforces the worldview that, hey, you're not privileged because you're white, you're actually oppressed, and it's that damned, dirty, uppity ((OTHER)) who is doing the oppressing. It's simplistic, it simultaneously feeds upon and strengthens culturally ingrained negative bias, and it works in the favor of the ones really in charge of things so they'll pump money and influence into it to keep it afloat.

AOC isn't the beginning of a new breed of American politician. She and others like her are a fluke, a bone tossed to the American public to put a veneer of hope onto a tarnished system. "See? Look at this strong, beautiful, intelligent woman of color making a name for herself. Aren't you glad? Aren't you impressed? Pay no attention to the fact she will be devoured alive, pay no attention to the fact the same old white racist billionaires still run everything and will forever run everything, just look at this woman and feel good for just a moment. But only for a moment... because you have to go back to work. Burgers don't flip themselves, peasant."

EDIT: The picture at the top of the post isn't a sincere call to mass murderers, bee-tee-dubs. For one thing, leftists generally don't do that kind of thing.

Screaming Idiot has issued a correction as of 06:10 on Apr 13, 2019

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I think AOC won on her own merit. The DNC isn't even savvy enough to toss us bones. If they were, Keith Ellison would be the Chair of the DNC instead of what's-his-face. Who knows if she will buckle in the end though? Either way we are still making ground in areas they won't even consider, like local elections.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

if centrists were willing to compromise with the left to appease them they wouldn't side with the right on every issue when they are given a choice

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I havn't been paying attention lately, whats the alt- right been up to?

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

coen bros could probably make a good adaption of blood meridian. not sure id trust anyone else

jodorowsky

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Race Realists posted:

Correct me if im wrong but isnt matt walsh that one loving idiot Christian dad on twitter who thought married men so much as being in the same presence as a woman theyre not married to was immoral?:v:

right wing catholics are basically just christian wahhabists

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Groovelord Neato posted:

i hate to defend the cops but waco is almost entirely on koresh.

For something that's "almost entirely" on Koresh, it sure radically changed the way law enforcement approaches cloistered radical communities.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/heyashleytea/status/1116121188931997696

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Screaming Idiot posted:

But in all seriousness, conservatism is an attractive ideology for stupid children -- it reinforces the worldview that, hey, you're not privileged because you're white, you're actually oppressed, and it's that damned, dirty, uppity ((OTHER)) who is doing the oppressing. It's simplistic, it simultaneously feeds upon and strengthens culturally ingrained negative bias, and it works in the favor of the ones really in charge of things so they'll pump money and influence into it to keep it afloat.

AOC isn't the beginning of a new breed of American politician. She and others like her are a fluke, a bone tossed to the American public to put a veneer of hope onto a tarnished system. "See? Look at this strong, beautiful, intelligent woman of color making a name for herself. Aren't you glad? Aren't you impressed? Pay no attention to the fact she will be devoured alive, pay no attention to the fact the same old white racist billionaires still run everything and will forever run everything, just look at this woman and feel good for just a moment. But only for a moment... because you have to go back to work. Burgers don't flip themselves, peasant."

EDIT: The picture at the top of the post isn't a sincere call to mass murderers, bee-tee-dubs. For one thing, leftists generally don't do that kind of thing.

The democrats are scared out of their minds of AOC and Tlaib and possibly others. They never learned how to manipulate discourse because they have no need.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

This is lovely and horrible. Sex workers deserve to live lives like everyone else.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Also hmm wonder why a grad student (or a Ph.D.?) would need to pick up dangerous and economically exploitative work for hire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The recent ongoing war between the chuds and who they refer to as "thots", be they on Instagram, Twitch, or what have you is funny. These are the same guys who were extolling the virtues of hyper-sexualized women in the media they consume only a few years ago, now doing their damnedest to just outlaw sex work online as a thing in general. I am not naive enough to cry hypocrisy because I know they're not being hypocrites here, there's genuinely some difference they perceive but I can't for the life of me put my finger on what it is. Did nofap, Jordan Peterson, Proud Boys, etc. just make them all more prudish in the intervening years, or is it more they're just pissed at sex workers having any degree of agency?