Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm the one with 17 views compared to the one with 3.5 million

oh gently caress new page, shift attention quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Suspect A posted:

SomeThInG iS loving WrOnG

I wonder if fetish weirdos could trick the algorithm into providing stuff like this?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

spoiler: it's yellow.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Suspect A posted:

This poo poo legitimately unnerves and terrifies me.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I wonder if fetish weirdos could trick the algorithm into providing stuff like this?

It already does. This was a huge thing a year ago. Lookup "elsagate" or whatever. A bunch of opportunists seeking ad dollars were taking advantage of the huge audience of unattended children using Youtube on Ipads. Kids reach their videos by the algorithm repeatedly kicking them to the next video, related keywords, and the tendency of babies to smack at anything provocative they see on the screen. They produced incredibly hosed up videos with massively inflated view counts, like 30 million each or such. Quite lucrative. Cheaply produced using software, with very repetitive themes. Mostly gross out humor, sex, cartoon nudity, cartoon gore, anything at all a real kid would be curious about.

Some of the channels decided to switch to live action and involve real kids in it, and that's when YouTube did a huge crackdown on child abuse videos last year. But there's still just tons of weird, repetitive content like this on Youtube in the nursery rhymes channels (Finger Family rhyme, any of the nursery rhymes that were popular from English DVDs in India) and recently my TV even recommended one of these channels of mass generated nursery rhyme videos on the default screen, just for its "popularity".

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 13, 2019

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Suspect A posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dril/status/1116043676793229312

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Suspect A posted:

I think Smarter Everyday covered this poo poo recently. For dollars, people build automation and fake accounts to bombard YouTube's platform with the same poo poo but different effects and audio to get around its automation. A lot fail but somehow one of them gains traction and actual engagement from real people which makes it explode. Then YouTube's own algorithm promotes the hell out of it, getting them mad dollars before the whistle is blown.

Build robots to fight robots.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

TheMostFrench posted:

This reminded me of a show that I saw recently, SECONDS FROM DISASTER, which has lots of terrible looking effects like this one of the Concord crashing over a highway. The terrible special effects totally detract from the seriousness of the accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJX0Q2N0b-0&t=630s

(10:50 and then 11:20)

God, I loving hate this style of documentary. The stories you're telling are interesting enough on its own, there is no reason to produce it like the world's worst action flick with a million cuts, suspenseful music and terrible CGI-rendered explosions

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dumb Lowtax posted:

It already does. This was a huge thing a year ago. Lookup "elsagate" or whatever. A bunch of opportunists seeking ad dollars were taking advantage of the huge audience of unattended children using Youtube on Ipads. Kids reach their videos by the algorithm repeatedly kicking them to the next video, related keywords, and the tendency of babies to smack at anything provocative they see on the screen. They produced incredibly hosed up videos with massively inflated view counts, like 30 million each or such. Quite lucrative. Cheaply produced using software, with very repetitive themes. Mostly gross out humor, sex, cartoon nudity, cartoon gore, anything at all a real kid would be curious about.

Some of the channels decided to switch to live action and involve real kids in it, and that's when YouTube did a huge crackdown on child abuse videos last year. But there's still just tons of weird, repetitive content like this on Youtube in the nursery rhymes channels (Finger Family rhyme, any of the nursery rhymes that were popular from English DVDs in India) and recently my TV even recommended one of these channels of mass generated nursery rhyme videos on the default screen, just for its "popularity".

Yeah I mean more like a group of piss fetishists want to see stuff like that so they somehow get Youtube's algorithm to think piss drinking is trending then a bunch of third world animators try to cash in.

Though the softcore pedo videos show how far you can go without even needing an algorithm I guess. Good job Google!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I bet all of the people who thought that reality TV was the rock bottom for entertainment 20 years ago couldn't even have imagined piss fetish videos for babies

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lollin at all the poo poo parents giving their kids iPads. Gonna be an entire generation of extremely stupid and hosed up adults in fifteen years.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

So nothing new.

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Lollin at all the poo poo parents giving their kids iPads. Gonna be an entire generation of extremely stupid and hosed up adults in fifteen years.

"hey mychael, remember the episode of 'funny finger family all children for kids best entertainment nursery rhymes lol pranks' where baby mickey drinks piss out of a toilet?"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

can't believe those loving sjws finally built that wall to prevent mexicans bringing their food to the states.

thank god
I hate mexican food.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Tired of all these doctors T-posing at me.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

oh hey i recognise civil war cookery guy. that's the correct expression for that meal.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
why would you want to do this? alpha males have epic ball stink

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The video needs to be watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eXlhXQ5k94

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

smdh that kirby's crime isn't identity theft

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

smdh that kirby's crime isn't identity theft

:same: but Lucina

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Hey, there's a new flavor of Monster Energy! Let's grab da cat, da can, and da face and get this poo poo up on da tube.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

You can't, abandoned all hope.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Do people do anything without begging for donations anymore? Maybe I'm just an old, but I still can't wrap my head around why anyone would ever give a single red cent to a streamer. It blows my mind.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veni veni veni posted:

Do people do anything without begging for donations anymore? Maybe I'm just an old, but I still can't wrap my head around why anyone would ever give a single red cent to a streamer. It blows my mind.

No, because we're all literally dying in poverty. Pay your entertainers.

YagotmeIdidit
Jan 10, 2018

veni veni veni posted:

When monetisation entered youtube that was the beginning of the decline. Everything on youtube (except RLM) is done for money.
(Did goon LP'ers ever beg for donations?)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

YagotmeIdidit posted:

When monetisation entered youtube that was the beginning of the decline. Everything on youtube (except RLM) is done for money.
(Did goon LP'ers ever beg for donations?)

Doesn't Red Letter Media have a patreon? One that you should donate ten thousand dollars to?

Goon let's players aren't allowed to shill as per LP forum rules. They get around this with offsite links and creepy offsite forums.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Thanks to this thread I had some super hosed up youtube recommendations pop up all of the sudden, and the moment the algorithm chose to do it was right when I was presenting an interesting compsci video tutorial to my class of 112 students

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lol, what is this from ?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
lowtax opens his hospital bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU