Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

By not playing them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Weapons last 40+ hits to start too in FE, it's not super important

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mister Olympus posted:

how do people so salty about zelda weapons breaking deal with fire emblem

I don't even play the fire emblem characters in Smash :colbert:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

RBA Starblade posted:

Weapons last 40+ hits to start too in FE, it's not super important

A lot of the good ones get down to starting at 20-15 tho

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mister Olympus posted:

how do people so salty about zelda weapons breaking deal with fire emblem

Different audience. The kind of people that have the patience for tactical strategy games would probably deal with durability mechanics easier I would imagine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mister Olympus posted:

A lot of the good ones get down to starting at 20-15 tho

Isnt there a mode in the more recent ones that disables weapon degredation? Not that it matters too much because SRPG where you can just buy new weapons and dont typically burn through entire weapons (and save good weapon hits for bosses) in a battle is very different from zelda where it shits up bad combat.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Macaluso posted:

A man of class I see.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sakurazuka posted:

By not playing them?

Macaluso posted:

:hfive:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Isnt there a mode in the more recent ones that disables weapon degredation? Not that it matters too much because SRPG where you can just buy new weapons and dont typically burn through entire weapons (and save good weapon hits for bosses) in a battle is very different from zelda where it shits up bad combat.

The most recent one didn't have weapon degradation at all but otherwise you can't turn it off. They are bringing it back in the new one though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Dead Rising I got two pairs of mini chainsaws and the three books that make them last forever and that sorted me for the entire game, weapon degradation is fine if I can completely loving ignore it lol

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sakurazuka posted:

In Dead Rising I got two pairs of mini chainsaws and the three books that make them last forever and that sorted me for the entire game, weapon degradation is fine if I can completely loving ignore it lol

Now I’m kinda mad that Dead Rising isn’t on Switch.:argh:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

Is that what the 10 identical anime characters are?

I always deliberately lose to them in unlock battles so I don't have to look at them in my roster.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’m gonna relitigate the Zelda poo poo

What’s the easiest way to get rid of stuff that’s almost ready to break? Looking at you assy shield.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hadji murad posted:

What’s the easiest way to get rid of stuff that’s almost ready to break? Looking at you assy shield.

Use it till it breaks

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I don't know if it's being a higher level, or this competition going on, but every single game of Tetris 99 I play now I just get absolutely hosed instantly, in the first two minutes. Holy loving poo poo, just "oh hey my entire screen fills with garbage instantly and I die" over and over.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gonkish posted:

I don't know if it's being a higher level, or this competition going on, but every single game of Tetris 99 I play now I just get absolutely hosed instantly, in the first two minutes. Holy loving poo poo, just "oh hey my entire screen fills with garbage instantly and I die" over and over.

Select attackers when you’re getting targeted hard like that and send that poo poo back. You’ll get some easy KOs then.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Select attackers when you’re getting targeted hard like that and send that poo poo back. You’ll get some easy KOs then.

That would work if it wasn't literally like 60 billion people hopping on my face and instantly killing me before I can even do anything. :smith: Like my screen just fills up and I die. There's no responding, I just die.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Is that what the 10 identical anime characters are?

I always deliberately lose to them in unlock battles so I don't have to look at them in my roster.
Haha yeah I can't tell people who have the same hair color apart either

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

hadji murad posted:

Shield surf and then eat poo poo when it breaks

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

or push "drop"

totally eating poo poo while surfing is way better though, no reason not to do it

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Shield incinerators wander around on legs for your convenience (some stay in place, so make note of those). Just watch for the handy laser pointers.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

So I have Starlink and getting pretty tired of the two available weapons. Well, three if you count the Arwing cannons.

Are there any must-haves out there?
Digital only since I don't want to clog up my house with more plastic crap.

Big fan of the gravity vortex weapon that pairs well with other elementals. But my very favorite is the fire ram. You just smash into your enemies till they die. It's super fun.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
When I played fire emblem they didn’t break very quickly and didn’t really happen mid fight that much.

I get it for super powerful weapons but regular weapons breaking in fire emblem just seem like busy work.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I've had a little more time to mess around with labo vr this morning, and I figured I'd post my updated impressions: I managed to get the tuna most of the way into the oven, but im pretty sure getting the door closed is a lost cause

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Haha yeah I can't tell people who have the same hair color apart either

This is a thread where people claim to not recognize Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans, people who've been in dozens of the biggest movies of the last decade, after all. Like, forget "doesn't follow pop culture". These people don't even look around themselves in public. They don't look at commercials on TV. Or billboards. Or magazines at the checkout line. Or TVs at restaurants or waiting rooms. Or visit any news or culture sites. They can't tell actual people apart, I'm not surprised they can't tell anime characters apart either.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 13, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Imagined posted:

This is a thread where people claim to not recognize Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans, people who've been in dozens of the biggest movies of the last decade, after all. Like, forget "doesn't follow pop culture". These people don't even look around themselves in public.

I thought that was only The Silver Snail, and he was definitely lying because... come on.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Imagined posted:

This is a thread where people claim to not recognize Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans, people who've been in dozens of the biggest movies of the last decade, after all. Like, forget "doesn't follow pop culture". These people don't even look around themselves in public. They don't look at commercials on TV. Or billboards. Or magazines at the checkout live. Or TVs at restaurants or waiting rooms. Or visit any news or culture sites. They can't tell actual people apart, I'm not surprised they can't tell anime characters apart either.

I would probably recognize Chris Evans but I definitely would not have been able to connect his face to his name before looking it up

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 13, 2019

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Imagined posted:

This is a thread where people claim to not recognize Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans, people who've been in dozens of the biggest movies of the last decade, after all. Like, forget "doesn't follow pop culture". These people don't even look around them in public.

If you can't tell apart 10 anime characters in goth armor from video games you've never played you should probably be executed for the good of humanity.

I mean just go to any public place in America and ask any random stranger "hey, who is Chrom?" and I guarantee you 10 out of 10 people will get it right.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Imagined posted:

They don't look at commercials on TV. Or billboards. Or magazines at the checkout line. Or TVs at restaurants or waiting rooms. Or visit any news or culture sites.
The horror...

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Volte posted:

The horror...

cool signaling bro

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Volte posted:

The horror...

You're right. It's good to deliberately have zero awareness of what exists around you. You're normal and I'm definitely the weird one.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I am immune to advertising.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Volte posted:

The horror...

:jerkbag:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

On the other hand who cares if someone is a bit weird and doesn't recognize major celebrities?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Imagined posted:

You're right. It's good to deliberately have zero awareness of what exists around you. You're normal and I'm definitely the weird one.

My dude, you're throwing a tantrum because someone doesn't recognize an anime character from a 7th tier handheld video game franchise and thinking that's absolutely impossible in this day and age.

Take a deep breath and think about how, despite your bad analogies, 99% of people don't care about your dumb anime.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It is tedious when goons lie just to be hipsters

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

My dude, you're throwing a tantrum because someone doesn't recognize an anime character from a 7th tier handheld video game franchise and thinking that's absolutely impossible in this day and age.

Take a deep breath and think about how, despite your bad analogies, 99% of people don't care about your dumb anime.

Lol fire emblem is definitely one of the higher tiered Nintendo titles.

Don’t be dumb for a tepid own.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CharlestheHammer posted:

Again, ask anyone to name the video game characters.

Mario and Chrom are on equal footing.

Stop being disingenuous, Hodor. Everyone in America knows Chrom. Chrom is every bit as ubiquitous in pop culture as McDonald's and The Avengers. Saying otherwise is dumb.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 13, 2019

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Again, ask anyone to name the video game characters.

Mario and Chrom are on equal footing.

Stop being disingenuous, Hodor. Everyone in America knows Chrom. Chrom is every bit as ubiquitous in pop culture as McDonald's and The Avengers. Saying otherwise is dumb.

I didn’t expect you to admit it, good on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Have you met many Nintendo fans/switch owners irl? Cartoon wife/army academy simulator is not on anyone's radar unless you're a giant anime nerd.

It's kind of like how online everyone seems to be passionate about metroid/f zero but in real life nobody cares because of how extremely niche it is

Don't let the forums paint your worldview too much