Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

i'll do you one better and be happy playing none of them because fates stinks

Conquest has the best gameplay in the series imo

the less said about the story the better though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

KingSlime posted:

I wish people stopped using the phrase "hilarious self own." It's like the goony version of "so-and-so ABSOLUTELY SLAMS Republicans" and "Ted Cruz RIPS Dem assholes!"

There's never actually a hilarious self-own. I guess it's just a forum darling right now because I've seen it crop up everywhere

only someone who regularly hilariously self-owns would say this

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Andrast posted:

Conquest is has the best gameplay in the series imo

the less said about the story the better though

conquest's gameplay is equally guilty of being so bloated between characters having half a dozen skills and enemy pair-ups and weapons screwing with stats in new ways and debuffs and map gimmicks as the other fate games

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

conquest's gameplay is equally guilty of being so bloated between characters having half a dozen skills and enemy pair-ups and weapons screwing with stats in new ways and debuffs and map gimmicks as the other fate games

Yeah and it loving rules

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I can't find a main thread for it but should I play XC2 first or the stand-alone prequel expansion thing first because nobody seems to agree anywhere else on the internet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

I can't find a main thread for it but should I play XC2 first or the stand-alone prequel expansion thing first because nobody seems to agree anywhere else on the internet.

XC2 first, prequel after. The prequel assumes you have already played XC2.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

play the main game first. the prequel assumes you've played the main game and will spoil a lot of the story reveals in the first 40 hours of the main game if you haven't.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Chrom is such a stupid rear end name.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I can recognize the Fire Emblem characters but I just think they’re all boring as hell. I would know because I’m boring as hell too

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Main game it is, thanks!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I could probably tell the fire emblem characters apart if I ever had reason to look at them for more than five to ten seconds, but alas

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Weebs never know how far-gone they are until they're 4 pages deep in a Smash Bros. forum debate

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

romanowski posted:

chrom and lucina look the same because they're brother and sister

They’re father and daughter.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Chrom plays Captain America and Lucina plays Black Widow, have you people even played a Marvel Emblem movie?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's cool that we've mereged two bad but separate arguments of "I don't recognize these incredibly popular movie stars who have been at the forefront of popular culture for the better part of a decade" and "how do people who hate the weapon degredation in BOTW deal with it in the Fire Emblem games? (They don't play Fire Emblem games)" to now be discussing "I could probably recognize most of the Fire Emblem characters but it would help if they didn't all have the same hair".

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I got FF7 on a whim and the 3x speed option combined with occasional use of No Encounters makes the game way more enjoyable

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Hey thread, could you guys recommend me good 4 player local coop games?

I already own:
- Kirby Star Allies
- Diablo 3
- Lovers on a Dangerous Spacetime
- Overcooked 2
- Super Mario Party
- Full metal Furies

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The next Fire Emblem game should have character durability.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Permadeath is kind of like durability

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Add in armor slots, with durability.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Andrast posted:

Permadeath is kind of like durability

I mean you can only use a character so much until they break.

Bonus points if you can throw dying characters at your enemies and explode them.

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Mega64 posted:

I don’t remember most of the characters in Awakening because I played Donnel Emblem

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

I mean you can only use a character so much until they break.

Bonus points if you can throw dying characters at your enemies and explode them.

Thracia 776 had fatigue where if you used a character a lot they were unable to participate in the next chapter so the series has already been halfway there

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

DanZX posted:

I already own:
- Kirby Star Allies
- Diablo 3
- Overcooked 2
- Super Mario Party
- Full metal Furies

Catastronauts, which should tickle the fancy of anyone who likes Overcooked, as it's clearly ripping off the aesthetic wholesale. It's basically FTL but with 4 players instead of one player commanding 4 units. Not sure how well it'll play with just two people.

I do think I prefer Overcooked because you have to organize yourselves and come up with a plan for some of the harder levels while with Catastronauts you somehow end up getting into a groove after a few chaotic failures on each stage. That said, I still enjoyed it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Andrast posted:

Thracia 776 had fatigue where if you used a character a lot they were unable to participate in the next chapter so the series has already been halfway there

That’s where Zelda got the idea for the stamina meter

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

less laughter posted:

They’re father and daughter.

no that doesn't make any sense, they're clearly twins

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DanZX posted:

I already own:
- Kirby Star Allies
- Diablo 3
- Overcooked 2
- Super Mario Party
- Full metal Furies

Assault Android Cactus

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Argue posted:

Catastronauts, which should tickle the fancy of anyone who likes Overcooked, as it's clearly ripping off the aesthetic wholesale. It's basically FTL but with 4 players instead of one player commanding 4 units. Not sure how well it'll play with just two people.

I do think I prefer Overcooked because you have to organize yourselves and come up with a plan for some of the harder levels while with Catastronauts you somehow end up getting into a groove after a few chaotic failures on each stage. That said, I still enjoyed it.

Ok I’ll check it out.

Infinitum posted:

Assault Android Cactus

Oh I also own that already, sorry I forgot to list it.

romanowski posted:

Lucina is Trunks

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

romanowski posted:

Time travel plots are screwy like that.

Robin's also potentially Chrom's wife and Lucina's mother depending on your choices in Awakening...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

American McGay posted:

It's cool that we've mereged two bad but separate arguments of "I don't recognize these incredibly popular movie stars who have been at the forefront of popular culture for the better part of a decade" and "how do people who hate the weapon degredation in BOTW deal with it in the Fire Emblem games? (They don't play Fire Emblem games)" to now be discussing "I could probably recognize most of the Fire Emblem characters but it would help if they didn't all have the same hair".

If you're referring to that picture of the two people playing the Gameboy, if you hadn't told me they were Avenger people, I wouldn't have known. I've seen a handful of Avenger movies, but not the newest ones (which those two are from...?) and I mostly recognize the characters with their costumes on anyway. If you'd said "So and so who plays such and such character in the Avengers" I'd know who you're talking about, but I am horrible at remembering names even of people I know, much less actors. This isn't me smugly not knowing a popular actor. I just have craptastic memory for names. Always have.

It's not that hard to not instantly recognize an actor. :shrug:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

People in this thread not able to remember the names of the world's biggest actors but can probably name all 5000 Pokemon by heart, in sequential order is mental enough in itself, but someone thinks that Metroid is a big series takes the fuckin' cake.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Switch F-zero when?

They should make it work with Labo VR so we can all puke. The motion sickness is an immersive part of the driving experience!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jimbozig posted:

Switch F-zero when?

Is that like some Smash spinoff

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't remember who recommended it, but I just beat Cat Quest, and it was pretty fun. Wasn't very long, or deep, and it has mobile game graphics and annoying dialogue, but I still liked it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm kinda pissed that I got Mutant Year Zero for PC.

I really want an XCOM-like title and I keep missing Rabbids being on sale.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Mega64 posted:

Knights in the Nightmare had that!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

People in this thread not able to remember the names of the world's biggest actors but can probably name all 5000 Pokemon by heart, in sequential order is mental enough in itself, but someone thinks that Metroid is a big series takes the fuckin' cake.

Is it really inconceivable to you that there are people who just don't watch movies?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

pokemon is better then any of the avengers movies

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't watch many movies, hoss. It ain't hard.

RandomFerret posted:

I don't remember who recommended it, but I just beat Cat Quest, and it was pretty fun. Wasn't very long, or deep, and it has mobile game graphics and annoying dialogue, but I still liked it.

Might have been me? Regardless I'm glad you liked it. I need to finish it myself at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

DanZX posted:

I already own:
- Kirby Star Allies
- Diablo 3
- Overcooked 2
- Super Mario Party
- Full metal Furies

Rayman, NSMBU