Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Plom Bar posted:

V made a statement about this. The tags are all 100% serious, as in all of the topics tagged are topics that are addressed in SOME fashion in the text. It doesn't mean that some one's literally going to rape some one else, but at some point the concept of "rape" is going to factor into the events and/or dialogue and the tag is there to ensure that no one is fully blindsided by that fact.

Ah sweet, can't wait for the bimbofication subplot. The thing that everyone wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Who What Now posted:

Ah sweet, can't wait for the bimbofication subplot. The thing that everyone wanted.

Aren't you glad you've been forewarned so that you know to avoid this content?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It is nice that they tell you it's gonna be garbage up front, yes.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Is Trickster Mode bimboification?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rand Brittain posted:

Is Trickster Mode bimboification?

Why would you write that? Why would you put that thought into other people's heads? Why do you want to hurt humanity so greatly?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Why would you write that? Why would you put that thought into other people's heads? Why do you want to hurt humanity so greatly?

the answer is yes and you know it

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rand Brittain posted:

Incidentally, the list of characters does not include Equius or Nepeta. It does include Davepetasprite^2, but not Arquiusprite^2.

Wait, shut up, i just noticed this post.

If there's not going to be any Equius then what are we even DOING here?!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

On reflection it’s possible that he’s included under the label of Lord English, of whom he is now a component.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

NO NEPETA?!!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Spellman posted:

NO NEPETA?!!

She’s part of Davepetasprite^2 now.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Oh right phew

Close call

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Who What Now posted:

Plom Bar posted:

Aren't you glad you've been forewarned so that you know to avoid this content?

In all fairness this particular tag is probably in reference to HOMOSUCK specifically, which is honestly 100% accurate as to what it, and Caliborn, does to the female characters within.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like the epilogue. It is perfect, like all other elements of Homestuck, past, present, future and alternate, including but especially the ending

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Valentin posted:

some production-side stuff: apparently the bulk of the prose is written by "cephied_variable," who seems to have a background in sad homestuck fanfic, and they've been working on this for at least a year and a half. hussie wrote all the dialogue.

https://twitter.com/vfromhomestuck/status/1117122301382864896

https://twitter.com/vfromhomestuck/status/1117123043447455746

https://twitter.com/cephiedvariable/status/1117112804132233216

hahahahah

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
didn’t she write promstuck

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

"Do I really have to punch her in the face?"

*checks character notes*

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I liked this first bit! This was basically how I envisioned the epilogue happening when it was announced three years ago.

- It seems like we're being set up for a sacrifice by John here. Rose waited as long as possible before sending him off and said her final goodbye because she thinks she'll never see him again.
- Ditto, Calliope's shpeal about how decision needed to be John's, without interference, is right in line with this.
- It's not malicious, it's just that John is the only one with retcon powers, so he has to be the one to perform the warp-in that we've already seen in canon.
- EXCEPT that there's there's also that John that got retcon powers but then was rendered superfluous so he just walked off-screen and was never seen again.

My hope here is that the narrative is going to be about John getting out of his depression just in time to realize he wants to live, and then a narrative swerve at the end allowing him to. And he saves Vriska.

Who What Now posted:

Guessing that might be the return of Homosuck?

Alitur posted:

gently caress, the reason why it is a parody of AOOO is because it is "outside of canon", fuuuuck. gently caress you Hussie.

This. :D

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
If Hussie pulls a full on Don Quixote Part 2 with homestuck he has my loving undivided attention

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

A big flaming stink posted:

If Hussie pulls a full on Don Quixote Part 2 with homestuck he has my loving undivided attention

I haven't seen/read/consumed this particular piece of media and don't care about spoilers, care to explain what you mean by this?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

CidGregor posted:

I haven't seen/read/consumed this particular piece of media and don't care about spoilers, care to explain what you mean by this?

Part 2 was written about 10 years after Part 1, and is a major departure in tone from the first that culminates in the protagonist reaching an understanding with the inevitability of his demise

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I guess I’m bookmarking this thread again.

What I’m getting from this is that John is going to have to go back to that one flash where Carne Vale was the music and everyone loving died and make that not happen. I don’t remember what the name of it was. He is going to have to punch Aranea in the face.

Making Homestuck predictions in TYOOL 2019 feels weird.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm halfway expecting the story to fork here, with the Candy choice leaving John on Earth C to repair his relationships with his friends, and the Meat choice sending him off to battle Lord English.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Android Blues posted:

I'm halfway expecting the story to fork here, with the Candy choice leaving John on Earth C to repair his relationships with his friends, and the Meat choice sending him off to battle Lord English.

Yeah, I'm in agreement with this prediction.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I am optimistic. Between this acknowledgement of the hollowness of the ending, and the fact that I'm untroubled by the medium because I love to read and have no doubt the many fan animators out there will turn this into an actual comic, I'm hopeful!

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Is there an rss feed on the new site?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Oh no, I'm waiting for a new Homestuck update again

It never really ends does it

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Poe's Law got me good with those content warnings

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Android Blues posted:

WilliamAnderson posted:

Yeah, I'm in agreement with this prediction.

Me three, and also with the person who predicted that when John goes back into canon we'll be seeing the classic panel structure again

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Actually the CWs include clown dynamics, Early 20th Century Dance Movements, and Feet, so I'm still going to believe it's satire regardless of what Hussie's PR firm says

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Plom Bar posted:

Part 2 was written about 10 years after Part 1, and is a major departure in tone from the first that culminates in the protagonist reaching an understanding with the inevitability of his demise
The apparent reason Cervantes even wrote it was because some anonymous guy wrote his own sequel which was being widely distributed. So I guess that's CaNWC in this analogy.

Anyway, I feel kind of good that after seeing the format I wasn't even tempted to read it. Glad to be done with this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got pinged and told I should read a new homestuck update.

I did and... I just dont care? Its been a lifetime ago. I don’t even remember why the end might have needed an epilogue.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

homestuck

i am homestcuk

hel p

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sea Lily posted:

Oh no, I'm waiting for a new Homestuck update again

It never really ends does it

no way out

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Scarodactyl posted:

The apparent reason Cervantes even wrote it was because some anonymous guy wrote his own sequel which was being widely distributed. So I guess that's CaNWC in this analogy.

Anyway, I feel kind of good that after seeing the format I wasn't even tempted to read it. Glad to be done with this.

yeah this is what I mean. Plus in part 2 everyone around Don Quixote has clearly read the first one, so it gets metafictive at that.

pretty sure there were a bunch of don quixote "sequels" basically being a predecessor to fanfiction.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Where do I get off Andre Hussie's wild ride

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Malpais Legate posted:

Where do I get off Andre Hussie's wild ride

The ride never ends

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I,ll read this eventually, for old time'S sake.

Not today.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I wonder where everyone in the thread stands on the Meat/Candy choice.

I'm pretty obviously in Team Meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alitur
Jan 10, 2019
Hm, not sure how trustworthy they are, but mod at Homestuck discord said that the next part will be released on 4/20. They are probably just memeing, but that does it necessarily mean that they are lying...
Also, team Meat.