Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Out of ~80 or so Bagon, I got 4 shinies. Right before the event I hatched a shiny Elekid (!). Good day overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Did CD with three phones today cause my wife was out of town. Ended up with 20 total shinies across 3 accounts and seven 2900+cp salamence on each. On my account I think I got over 1200 bagon candy today and used all of my 120 pinap berries. Traded for an hour with the help of a friend and got some luckies too. I’ll need a break on the next CD.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
12 shinies today, by far my best haul ever. Now to find someone who'll trade me a shiny swinub or charmander.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hatched a mantyke on my way to community day. Then made a six pack of 3k salamence with two shiny.

Couple other shiny Yoshi too.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Had a pretty good haul. Caught four shinies and was able to evolve 8 Outrage Salamences, four of which were 3000+ CP. My wife managed to get 12 shinies though.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I'm glad I had a pretty good stash of Pinaps beforehand, 'cause I pretty much nuked all of mine. Pretty happy with the four shinies I got. One for each stage and one to trade [though in all likelihood I never will.] Nice to finally get that Salamence Dex entry and add 3 3k+ Salamences to the team

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its such a beautiful day here in California and loving EVERYONE is catching bagons

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Got 6 shinies, one good enough to evolve.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'm working today so I am trapped in an office away from parks and stops. Did a couple incense and got probably 25 with one shiny.

Oh well!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
We had rain and miserable weather for Community Day unfortunately but it went ok. Still ended up with 1k candy, a 96%, a 91%, and a handful of Shiny ones. Haven't gone this hard on a Community Day since Metagross but I had zero regrets hitting that one super hard.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Ideally you don't want to transfer your bagon/meta community day Pokemon. Find a buddy and do a bunch of trades to reroll for better IV and shiny chance. Niantic will probably bring back all the community day mons at the end of the year and you can evolve your lucky then

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

GTJustin posted:

Ideally you don't want to transfer your bagon/meta community day Pokemon. Find a buddy and do a bunch of trades to reroll for better IV and shiny chance. Niantic will probably bring back all the community day mons at the end of the year and you can evolve your lucky then

Eh, it's not like you won't find more outside of the CD. Since guaranteed lucky trades are A Thing now, I usually just evolve as many as humanly possible and I can worry about doing guaranteed 12/12/12 shiny Salamence trades with people later.

Today was pretty good, 2k+ candy, 13 shinies, 17 total full evolutions. Also the account that I brought out and just left hooked up to a gotcha ended up with like 7 shinies/6 evolved salemence at the end of it as well.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
No shinies for bagon, but I hatched a shiny Magby!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Wife and I both caught a shiny as our first Pokemon of the day, so that was neat. Almost everything I caught was lovely, but I had a bacon I've been hoarding and managed to snag a lucky from my wife during "let's trade our lovely high CP Pokemon and see what happens". I wish I'd managed to save more pinaps because I narrowly missed my candy goal.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Good day considering we were out for maybe half of it. I had almost 600 candy, having hatched a lot of bagon during egg events.

I got 9 shines, kid 1 got 9, kid 2 got 5.

Wound up evolving 9 salamence, kid1 did 7, kid2 did 6.

Several are horrible, but with lucky trade that's ok. We even had two lucky trades today. Kid got a 14/15/14, and I got a 15/13/15 shiny.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Community went well. Got good salamence on both my accounts and tons of xp. Popped a lucky egg and a goon happened to go ultra during it and I finished the mew quest since I was using so many berries anyway

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Hobojim posted:

Like, is it important whether I power them up before or after evolution, or does it work out the same?

The pokemon will end up exactly the same whether you power up first, then evolve, or evolve first, then power up. With community day pokemon, evolve first (during the event) to get the special move, power up afterward.

Do not use TMs on the unevolved form, because the moves will change on evolution anyway.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Got one decent Salamence and one shiny with bad stats, while lying beside a pool in Hawaii. Not bad.

Also I thought America and tropical places were supposed to have different mons?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Coq au Nandos posted:

Got one decent Salamence and one shiny with bad stats, while lying beside a pool in Hawaii. Not bad.

Also I thought America and tropical places were supposed to have different mons?

There’s a specific subset of “regional” pokemon, somewhere between half a dozen and a dozen total? and everything else is just by biome. Solrock and Lunatone are north/south hemisphere, there’s a couple in specific areas of the US, and the remainder are basically “continent-exclusive”.

e: 17 total. You should be able to find a Corsola if you want one.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Apr 14, 2019

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I was super busy but still managed to find four shiny Bagon, and then on the drive back from the meeting I was at I caught a shiny Misdreavous.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
At the SFO airport and a Feebas popped up and it was fuckin shiny. Sweeeeet.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
EmptyBaggie and Hardc0r3uf0, do you want to coordinate Best Friends?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

JesustheDarkLord posted:

EmptyBaggie and Hardc0r3uf0, do you want to coordinate Best Friends?

It doesn’t matter to me.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I got 2 shiny pineco, a shiny swablu and a shiny aron during my vacation and hatched a 96% happiny but in total it's not a good exchange for missing CD. All that xp, stardust, and candy I gotta grind for now... :(

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Since when could Natu be shiny?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Three of my top 5 by CP are now Salamence, including one shiny. A good weekend indeed.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

X13Fen posted:

Since when could Natu be shiny?

I got one back at the end of november

monopodial
Sep 29, 2001
Balk88, I'm sympodial, and we became lucky friends on Saturday. Looking through the spreadsheet I realized we became friends through here.

If I'm remembering your last gift correctly, we live close enough that I'd be willing to drive out for us to complete our trade. If you're able to, PM me, or if you're on Facebook look up the group for my town, which should be the same as the last gift I sent you. I'm not on Facebook myself, but my wife is (her PoGo name is sassybeth.)

Or don't, if you don't want to. I'm OK with that too.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So I bought a new phone and have been playing for about two weeks since I had to quit back in '17. Got my level 25 on CD, caught 149 Bagon with 7 of them shiny. Then on my way in to work tonight, caught a shiny Natu. This has been my first CD so it was pretty fun getting outside with other people playing this, and the weather even had the decency to be nice the whole time! Previously had to quit because my lovely phone needed space for other apps (and at the time I wasn't really playing much) and it was only a 1 GB ram phone so eventually it was incompatible anyway.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

Got my first lucky friend. :toot:

They live on the other side of the planet. :confuoot:

Got two more today, and they're people I can actually trade pokemon with. I have no idea what the chance is, but seems like it's not super rare.

e: That's 3 lucky friend in 5 days and I open/send maybe 20ish gifts every day

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I got 6 so far, though this seems to be higher than the average in my area. I've been sending a lot of gifts though, and opening near the maximum per day.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I only got 2 shinies, but that's okay. I'm satisfied if I get at least one.

One of my friends got 7 shinies, plus a shiny Sunkern! :argh:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
How does one become lucky friends

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How does one become lucky friends

"Increase" your friendship with a Best Friend (gifts, etc.) and you have a chance to become Lucky.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I just got my second Lucky Friend, this time not with someone hundreds of miles away. Gotta figure out what exciting trade we'll do.

For reference, I have about 30 Best Friends, and have been opening or sending gifts to each of them every day this started. So it's a kinda low chance seems like.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

OgreNoah posted:

For reference, I have about 30 Best Friends, and have been opening or sending gifts to each of them every day this started. So it's a kinda low chance seems like.

Similar; I’ve got 22 best friends and interacted with them every day since this started, and my only lucky friend so far was... my alt :rms:

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I've already got 3 lucky friends between my accounts just by raiding. Probably the most common way to trip them. Every third raid or so I go to, someone seems to be remarking they got a lucky friend after we get done beating the boss.

Balk
Oct 15, 2011

monopodial posted:

Balk88, I'm sympodial, and we became lucky friends on Saturday. Looking through the spreadsheet I realized we became friends through here.

If I'm remembering your last gift correctly, we live close enough that I'd be willing to drive out for us to complete our trade. If you're able to, PM me, or if you're on Facebook look up the group for my town, which should be the same as the last gift I sent you. I'm not on Facebook myself, but my wife is (her PoGo name is sassybeth.)

Or don't, if you don't want to. I'm OK with that too.

I was sure the lucky friends RNG was going to roll one of the overseas goons. Glad it picked someone reasonably close by.

I don’t have PMs, but I’ll try to track down that Facebook group. Or you can message me on Discord.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Got a shiny on both my and my girlfriend's account on the same latios raid. This game has never made me happier.

Why do shinies make me so excited?? They're just palette swaps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

seiferguy posted:

Got a shiny on both my and my girlfriend's account on the same latios raid. This game has never made me happier.

Why do shinies make me so excited?? They're just palette swaps!

It's so dumb, I was working super late the other weekend and I caught a shiny Caterpie around midnight on my way out of the office. It was a bullshit day but I was so unbelievably pumped for this lovely ugly Pokemon that it completely flipped my day to good.