Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

King Crimson without Epitaph is basically just narcolepsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
That's exactly why the arrow would grant Epitaph. Right? Right.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This episode kind of proves you cant separate Doppio from Diavolo as the villain in this part. I forgot they were shown as the same from the start.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
No seriously, somebody has to explain this extremely cursed image.

Where is this cardboard stand? Why is it censored? Is it in some Middle Eastern country, with really strict laws on showing exposed skin?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

It's even worse that Fugo alone isn't fully covered for whatever reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

His cheeseholes got covered though.

sanguinary
Nov 2, 2005

He's still got two at his ankles so I guess that part of the body is okay to flaunt.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mista has really big feet

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

His cheeseholes got covered though.
Yeah, but you can still see his stomach.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
It's just a beige shirt, obviously.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I actually think we should collectively agree as a single internet to never acknowledge that disgrace of an image ever again.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I did a reverse image search and found this on an instagram:

I now have even more questions.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Not sure if anyone has said this already but the part 7 anime ED is going to be Old Town Road.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Pomplamoose posted:

Not sure if anyone has said this already but the part 7 anime ED is going to be Old Town Road.
Cotton Eye Joe.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Toplowtech posted:

Cotton Eye Joe.

American Idiot

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Efb

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Pomplamoose posted:

We're going back to Roundabout.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

So is the final ED to Part 6 gonna be Space Jam?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I've always thought Muse - Megalomania would be a good fit, though they'd probably have the abridge the first minute of preamble to make it work

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It occurs to me that it's weird the end of Part 5 revolves around Diavolo trying to create a Requiem version of his Stand, considering the only other Requiem Stand he or anyone else knows of is Silver Chariot Requiem, which does nothing but create uncontrollable nonsense and is an active liability.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Diavolo doesn't really want it, Silver Chariot Requiem is created accidentally and so in the chaos, the goal becomes for someone else to get their hands on it to kill the other side and maybe get an ability that can stop this

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I still don't understand Doppio/Diavolo's mother being under the priest's floor. Like, I would understand if the Diavolo personality killed his mother as one of his early efforts at erasing his past and buried her under the floor. Why and how was she still alive though?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Arist posted:

It occurs to me that it's weird the end of Part 5 revolves around Diavolo trying to create a Requiem version of his Stand, considering the only other Requiem Stand he or anyone else knows of is Silver Chariot Requiem, which does nothing but create uncontrollable nonsense and is an active liability.

Not really. Like, at that point, Diavolo's goal is the same as it's always been. Murder Trish, murder anyone who knows who he is, escape.

He just makes a play for the arrow because poo poo, Silver Chariot Requiem causes chaos, including chaos he could very well used to murder Trish, murder anyone who knows who he is, and escape.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
We don't know. Like five or ten other things about that story, it doesn't make sense. It's just a story. But it's impossible for anyone, in the world of JoJo or otherwise, to know the who, how, what, why or when and that's kind of the point of Diavolo's whole thing wrt to himself

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Mountaineer posted:

I still don't understand Doppio/Diavolo's mother being under the priest's floor. Like, I would understand if the Diavolo personality killed his mother as one of his early efforts at erasing his past and buried her under the floor. Why and how was she still alive though?

Not knowing that is why it's spooky.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The point I'm making is, there's a really good chance King Crimson would turn into some random bullshit Diavolo has no control over, and then he wouldn't have a Stand. The sample size is one. There is no reason to think it will benefit him.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

welcome to endgame vento aureo, where the stands literally make no sense and the powers don't matter

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I can't loving wait for Requiem animated

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Arist posted:

The point I'm making is, there's a really good chance King Crimson would turn into some random bullshit Diavolo has no control over, and then he wouldn't have a Stand. The sample size is one. There is no reason to think it will benefit him.
people are switching bodies and bring in monsters from other dimension, it really couldnt hurt at this point

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

not even the anime can make the weird alien ghosts bursting from people make any sense

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Diavolo is a moron, "Gonna get that Arrow and win BECAUSE I AM THE EMPEROR" is fully in character.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
and then Diavolo won, got the arrow, and it didn't do anything, making the entire endgame completely pointless

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
stand arrow, looking at kira: holy poo poo I cannot wait to penetrate this man

stand arrow, looking at diavolo: ehh... hard pass

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Arist posted:

By taking the arrow, Diavolo wants to thwart whatever plan Polnareff had for killing him, and also potentially increase his own power. This is because Diavolo sees Polnareff bring the arrow to his meeting with Buccellati, and concludes that the arrow is the key to some power greater than King Crimson, Polnareff wants to use this power to defeat Diavolo, and Polnareff is for some reason unable to use this power on his own, or else he would have done so already. These conclusions are correct.

Daxing Dan fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 18, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tetracube posted:

Fate is a choosy bastard

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hey Diavolo sorta at least lived in the end.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Tetracube posted:

JoJo’s Manga Thread: holy poo poo I cannot wait to penetrate this man

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
is the next anime episode going to end with... you know... "the busstop"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!