Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I think it is cool and good that yvie doesn’t sheathe her criticisms of people in the shady drag persona, but she sort of uses it to disengage from conversations she’s done with or that are resolved, like she’ll drop some bombs and then cap it off with a nice nasal ‘sorry about it’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Eej posted:

Yvie owns because she makes people mad by just saying poo poo straight up and with no wrapping, actually

I adore her and her bluntness.

I also admire her strength for not slapping the poo poo out of Silky for her "Yvie should go home because she's injured". Like, honestly, that is awful and kind of surprising that Silky ain't catching a massive amount of hell for it. Of all the reasons to say Yvie oughta go, that's the one she chose?! As someone who has a few invisible disabilities, that is so hurtful to see and I feel for Yvie in a huge way.

Yvie reminds me of Vixen in a few ways (as others have mentioned), but it's a different delivery and it'll be interesting to see if she softens it up at all.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah I’ve had to talk my partner with the same thing as yvie out of just going the gently caress off at silky on Twitter three times since yesterday lmao

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pellisworth posted:

Yeah, she's kind of giving me a S10 Vixen vibe. She's mostly correct in her arguments, but she's more confrontational than makes for good TV, it's not cute.

A little different. Vixen had a tendency to blow up immediately, and between her tantrum would be making good points, but it would get all drowned out in her melt down. Yvie says it while still calm, and then blows up when they don't thank her profusely.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Rajah all but calling Plastique a liar was downright offensive. Those were real tears in the werk room. Her story comes off as a lot more plausible than Miss I'm A Dancer

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I popped for Yvie saying "send ME home for being injured" and I don't care if it is rude because it was hilarious

Rajah is an rear end but great villain. rip

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Vanjie in untucked is being so unreasonable what the hell

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?

The Berzerker posted:

I thought so too, it seemed to come out of nowhere because she even said while talking to Ru that she was bothered by Yvie’s comments because they were true. It just seemed like a mega overreaction compared to everything we had seen in the actual episodes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rajah rules - I love her. Talking poo poo everywhere. Not giving a gently caress. Serving it too. And dismissing Plastique was evil AF - lol - gently caress it. She’ll be missed.

I was torn between Brooke and Yvie - either easily deserved it. But it was plainly obvious Plastique would win - like I know people always say the edits are obv but gently caress, just ffwd thru that poo poo to see who was winning. If she does another corset then man - gtfo. At least Vanjie changed it up and looked good.

Hype for my fave next week - Jinkx you are my god.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It seemed like a lot of the vangie/yvie thing was just plain omitted bc I spent a lot of the episode wondering why this perfectly innocuous conversation was a beef

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Raere posted:

Rajah all but calling Plastique a liar was downright offensive. Those were real tears in the werk room. Her story comes off as a lot more plausible than Miss I'm A Dancer

It comes off as some weird broken telephone poo poo because Plastique's boyfriend literally said "I know in the beginning they had some misconceptions about what drag is and about you doing it but I'm sure once you're able to fully show who Plastique is they will fall in love with you as much as everyone else in the world" which implies they don't accept her still.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

The Berzerker posted:

C O R D I A L.

I'm Shuga eating the design materials.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It seemed like a lot of the vangie/yvie thing was just plain omitted bc I spent a lot of the episode wondering why this perfectly innocuous conversation was a beef

Someone on reddit who was at the Brooklyn watch party for the ep posted to say that BLH said a lot was cut out because they were literally ready to come to blows and producers had to step in.

Welcome to drag race telephone -- but oh, the tea.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Everything I've seen from Yvie makes her seem straight-up exhausting to be around and this is coming from someone who still stans for The Vixen.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vanjie was raging hard in Untucked - yikes.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yvie was feeling some kinda way about a friendly joke to Ru.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Ra’Jah might actually be my least favorite contestant to ever be on this show lol. Sign of a fantastic reality tv villain I guess

warez fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 13, 2019

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Eej posted:

It comes off as some weird broken telephone poo poo because Plastique's boyfriend literally said "I know in the beginning they had some misconceptions about what drag is and about you doing it but I'm sure once you're able to fully show who Plastique is they will fall in love with you as much as everyone else in the world" which implies they don't accept her still.

The thing was Rajah didn’t even hear her boyfriend say it. A’keria barely heard it and went to Rajah and started saying stories don’t match. That’s why when Rajah brought it up and Plastique asked what part didn’t match Rajah couldn’t answer because she didn’t even know what the guy said. It was infuriating.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

esperterra posted:

Yvie was feeling some kinda way about a friendly joke to Ru.

I mean it was very clearly a joke or at worst a tactful non answer in the context of the competition but you get automatically excluded from a lot of poo poo when you’re disabled or chronically ill and the main thing is that defining their limits for them, even as a joke, really hurts

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I mean Vanjie's joking 'Yvie should go home cause she read me and I know it was the truth' to Ru fwiw

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

esperterra posted:

I mean Vanjie's joking 'Yvie should go home cause she read me and I know it was the truth' to Ru fwiw

Oh my b, I’m deeply personal about this season so apologies if I flip my poo poo like that again over nothing, it’s a thing

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Oh my b, I’m deeply personal about this season so apologies if I flip my poo poo like that again over nothing, it’s a thing

All good bb <3

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

garthoneeye posted:

The thing was Rajah didn’t even hear her boyfriend say it. A’keria barely heard it and went to Rajah and started saying stories don’t match. That’s why when Rajah brought it up and Plastique asked what part didn’t match Rajah couldn’t answer because she didn’t even know what the guy said. It was infuriating.

Honestly I felt really bad for Plastique because you get the emotional whiplash of a heartwarming message from the bae to "my sister is coming at me and I don't even know why"

I hope Ra'jah feels like an idiot after watching this episode yeesh

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

super glad Plastique got a win. feels more like she might make final four now? dunno though, its still kinda crowded with queens that all seem about on a similar level, plus brook l.h.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I'm betting Vanjie and Shuga leave without a win. I just have a gut feeling. It'll be awful, but also, hilarious

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rajah was just super upset over seeing Plastique showered with love by the producers with all this stuff and basically felt vulnerable and alone. Plastique even posted about it saying she saw the sorrow in her eyes which is why she consoled her.

Her bf did say that her mom and other family are rooting for her in the same episode she said no one in her family accepts this. So it’s kinda weird.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

Rajah was just super upset over seeing Plastique showered with love by the producers with all this stuff and basically felt vulnerable and alone. Plastique even posted about it saying she saw the sorrow in her eyes which is why she consoled her.

Her bf did say that her mom and other family are rooting for her in the same episode she said no one in her family accepts this. So it’s kinda weird.

Her bf said that he knows at the beginning her family had misconceptions and that once they see everything she has to bring (on the show) they will fall in love with her. That seems consistent with what Plastique told Ru. She tried to show her family everything, got push back, and so started hiding that part of herself from them.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I need to give Ra'jah credit for her "if you hate each other so much just volunteer to LSFYL" argument. It was never going to work but I appreciated the attempt.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

super glad we finally got a construction episode again! and that alyssa moment was really sweet as well.

and as an aside I’m getting really really tired of vanjie’s gilbert gottfried-schtick

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ulvir posted:

super glad we finally got a construction episode again! and that alyssa moment was really sweet as well.

and as an aside I’m getting really really tired of vanjie’s gilbert gottfried-schtick

:lol: That nails it perfect. Holy poo poo.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

garthoneeye posted:

Which makes me wonder if A'keria deliberately told Rajah the wrong thing to throw her off her lip sync. Or at least avoided correcting herself after Rajah blew up again.

They obviously know each other well, and Rajah had a reputation for winning lip syncs. So A'keria gives herself a competitive edge by getting Rajah worked up and distracted, instead of focusing on rehearsing.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Realtime thoughts:

drat, Alyssa just lights up a room.
Sugah's look seemed like it was highly conceptual but I'm unclear on what the concept was. Country Klaus Nomi goes to prom?
Week after week, I keep liking most of what Yvie is putting out there.
I liked Nina's runway look but her actual walk was like she was pretending to be a rusty robot and I'm not sure what that's about.
Man, A'keria's runway looked awful.
Not a huge fan of Vanjie's either but I can forgive Vanjie anything.
Ra'jah's look was actually interesting but I'm also sick of her attitude so...mixed feelings. I did not think of the Groot connection until Michelle said it but now lol.
Plastique seemed really on her game this week. She could still use a bit more personality, but she's definitely got some skills.
I can't believe the judges are calling out A'keria's shoulder pads and arms and not the fact that that outfit looks like two badly hemmed bits of denim tarp.
Man, neither of those lip syncs were very good.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

ulvir posted:

I’m getting really really tired of vanjie’s gilbert gottfried-schtick

holy poo poo that is so on the money but still I'm extremely not tired of it

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm Brooke's entire series of head movements on unucked

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I am absolutely here for Yvie, though her TELL IT LIKE IT IS bluntness is 100% attributed to being 25 years old. The fact that she's right a solid 80% of the time is a plus in her favor though. I was definitely talking mad poo poo about knowing everything at 25 and I guarantee you I hovered at about 2%. Ugh. Your 20s are your mistake years. That poo poo's gonna mellow out in a decade.

Ra'Jah is 33 and that attitude ain't pretty. But she was good television. Also that just should have been a full burlap pantsuit.

ulvir posted:

That's funny, 'cause Gilbert Gottfried is one of the funniest human beings on the face of the earth, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 14, 2019

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
First time a celebrity hasn't waltzed in during Untucked this season and we got

Yvie vs Silky
Yvie vs Vanjie
Ra'jah vs Plastique
Ra'jah vs Brooke/Shuga

this reunion is going to be so extra.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The slo-mo dramatic shot of Ra'jah lip syncing into the mirror during Untucked with her back to the camera and the split right in the middle of her goddamn pants was peak television.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 14, 2019

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I’m not citing any kind of stat but I feel like the episode you call yourself an assassin is usually the episode where you go home.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Probably because that usually means you've lipsynced 2-3 times and it's time for you to go anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Someone on reddit who was at the Brooklyn watch party for the ep posted to say that BLH said a lot was cut out because they were literally ready to come to blows and producers had to step in.

Welcome to drag race telephone -- but oh, the tea.

Being the first queen ejected from Drag Race for throwing bows would be a higher honor for Vanjie than actually winning the crown. :colbert: