Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I'd at least show her the Voyager episode with the abandoned copy of the Doctor being found so she can know it's all downhill from there

e: 220 AD, March 15 – Cao Cao, Imperial Chancellor and ruler of the Kingdom of Wei dies. Generations of nerds raised on early Dynasty Warriors games will continue to pronounce his name as Cow Cow and mourn the loss of the overpowered instant death property of his ultimate weapon in DW3.

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Apr 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Discovery I haven't started yet because I want to get the missus up to speed first, but it looks cool

It's not.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Illuyankas posted:

I'd at least show her the Voyager episode with the abandoned copy of the Doctor being found so she can know it's all downhill from there

Honestly Janeway, the Doc, and Torres are so good but I find every other character too hateful to watch. It does have a half dozen supremely entertaining episodes.

Also it ruined the Borg :argh:

:smith:

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Apr 14, 2019

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
TOS greatest series, Kirk best Captain.

However,

https://youtu.be/AOnQROgk1IM

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

the heck is going on in here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

baka kaba posted:

the heck is going on in here

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
The trek is going on in here.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Pablo Bluth posted:

Farscape.
It takes a while to find is feet but it develops in to something brilliant. Unlike most TV sci-fi it really runs with the opportunity to do weird poo poo instead of just actors with funny foreheads.

Farscape is one of those series that did so much crazy poo poo that it couldn't all land, but when it did it was gold. Also Crichton was the absolute best and most realistic character in that kind seeing, where he basically just went crazy from all the weird space stuff, but turns that crazy into his biggest strength. And Pilot is a precious baby with a big adorable turtle face.

Trek opinions: Enterprise had the best theme tune and I sang along to it every week, I will die on this hill forever.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pablo Bluth posted:

Farscape.
It takes a while to find is feet but it develops in to something brilliant. Unlike most TV sci-fi it really runs with the opportunity to do weird poo poo instead of just actors with funny foreheads.

Farscape is the best

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

OK I'm being overly harsh. The last 3 episodes of s1 are truly excellent, you just have to slog through a lot of 'meh' to get there. It's by no means a bad show but you can feel the overbearing hand of a company trying to force the show to be have broader appeal through constant action and spectacle.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Andrast posted:

Farscape is the best

Farscape is very much the best.

Except when it's the absolute worst it did have some REALLY off storylines and characters. When it rocks it rocks hard, when it misses it's goofy as gently caress.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Farscape is very much the best.

Except when it's the absolute worst it did have some REALLY off storylines and characters. When it rocks it rocks hard, when it misses it's goofy as gently caress.

When you do so much weird poo poo you are bound to have some misses once in a while

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

sebzilla posted:

BSG was great and also had some Correct stuff in Season 3 showing how good unionisation and strike action are. Also Gaius fracking Baltar.
BSG utterly broke my brain when I realised, after watching it for about four years, that the actor who plays Gaius Baltar is not the same one that plays Julian Bashir in DS9.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

TACD posted:

BSG utterly broke my brain when I realised, after watching it for about four years, that the actor who plays Gaius Baltar is not the same one that plays Julian Bashir in DS9.

which one? Bashir was recast half way through the series

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Farscape crackers episode was great and if you disagree you need brain drugs for your wrong taste

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Claudia Black deserved to have had a bigger post Farscape career.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Cerv posted:

What? No he wasn;'t the actor just changed his name (e: no, it was the other way round, he changed TO a westernised name, my bad).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Siddig

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Apr 14, 2019

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
I love TNG, but what I love even more is how Red Dwarf lines up so neatly with it (well at least the first 6 seasons, 7+ can gently caress off quite frankly) and takes the absolute piss.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cerv posted:

No it wasn't. That was Dax.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

add star trek derails to The List

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

What? No he wasn;'t the actor just changed his name (strictly, went back to using his original name, as opposed to the western one he assumed to get work).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Siddig

That is quite a name

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Cerv posted:

lol.

E: nope, removing commentary about his namechange because after reading the wiki that apparently was not the case

Also, you're not the first person to confuse Alexander Siddig and James Callis that I know of. ALSO, Callis' parents run a B+B in central London which is surprisingly cheap, if you ever want to sleep in Gaius Baltar's teenage bedroom

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 14, 2019

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Pablo Bluth posted:

Claudia Black deserved to have had a bigger post Farscape career.

Agreed. I'm attributing not recognising her in Uncharted to this.

Cerv posted:

Er what?

Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi also deserved more of a post Trek career imo, can't imagine what barriers he faced

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Kegluneq posted:

Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi also deserved more of a post Trek career imo, can't imagine what barriers he faced

He was good in Syriana

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Illuyankas posted:

Farscape crackers episode was great and if you disagree you need brain drugs for your wrong taste

It's definitely one of my favourites, alongside Won't Get Fooled Again and Crichton Kicks.

Huh, turns out my favourites are the ones where Crichton's sanity is worst.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

thespaceinvader posted:

What? No he wasn;'t the actor just changed his name (e: no, it was the other way round, he changed TO a westernised name, my bad).
wait till equity hears about this :o

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Kegluneq posted:

He was absolutely wasted on Game of Thrones

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bsg was worth it just for the no more mister nice Gaius line

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The worst episodes of DS9 are when it becomes a self-important dirge about The Nature of War and the best episodes are silly poo poo like the hopscotch mind pyramid, O'Brien fighting a cloud, and Sisko going back in time and accidentally getting a civil rights leader killed.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfMXi3sOCYc

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
Hooray I've caught up with the thread after spending the last 2 weeks 20-30 posts behind. You fuckers and your derails :D

Do we have a clear idea of how Labour deselections are going/going to go? IIRC the 2017 snap election led to a load of poo poo MPs staying on because there wasn't time to replace them (Kate Hoey I'm looking at you). Are CLPs required to wait until an election is called to deselect their MPs? If not I can still understand waiting because it would distract from the Tory shitshow when the press jumps on the Corbyn Purge (more so than they already do I mean). I know that's inevitable and therefore the CLPs should try to coordinate it to minimise the time it's in the news, and logically it would make sense to do that in the runup to an election. But in the case of another snap election, could we be stuck with the fuckers again? If so I wonder if calling an election with the minimum of notice could be of long term benefit to the Tory party by hamstringing a Corbyn government with a large number of rebels. This would be very bad because getting nothing done would discredit Corbyn's politics in the eyes of the average voter.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

The DPRK posted:

Just watched the trailer for The Expanse but I don’t think it’d be my thing.

The OA season 2 was terrific.

I'm sorry, but I had to de-lurk to say that this is an incredibly bad opinion. The OA had an interesting premise to start, but the end was so bad. Not to mention criminally wasting Jason Isaacs. That was eight or so hours of my life I wish I had back!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1116637145886810113?s=19

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah the EU funds a shitload of farming subsidies that woudl go away after brexit.

Also, it's from a few pages back but Thames Water are a loving garbage company, they have been repeatedly fined large amounts of money for literally dumping poo poo in rivers.

gently caress Thames Water and anyone who invests in them they are terrible.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

:five:

thespaceinvader posted:

Yeah the EU funds a shitload of farming subsidies that woudl go away after brexit.

Also, it's from a few pages back but Thames Water are a loving garbage company, they have been repeatedly fined large amounts of money for literally dumping poo poo in rivers.

gently caress Thames Water and anyone who invests in them they are terrible.

Any kind of privatization of basic goods and services like power, water, public transport always ends up poo poo. Corbyn pursuing a strong reorganization strategy into the public hand is a gift and hopefully will influence the rest of Europe.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 14, 2019

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
can't believe we've discussed terrible Voyager episodes and nobody's even mentioned the one where lightspeed travel turns them into space lizards that gently caress each other

also as someone partway through season 2 of The Expanse I am glad to hear that Space Gumshoe comes back, he's the best character

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Angepain posted:

can't believe we've discussed terrible Voyager episodes and nobody's even mentioned the one where lightspeed travel turns them into space lizards that gently caress each other

also as someone partway through season 2 of The Expanse I am glad to hear that Space Gumshoe comes back, he's the best character

He continues to be the best character as well

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
There was a Voyager episode about the royal family?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Angepain posted:

Half way through season 3. It's better than season 2. Less space fungus more space politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Threshold makes it past the "so terrible it's funny", um, threshold, which is why it's not the worst Voyager episode. There's more than enough just plain bad and dull ones in that series' run for something else to take that particular honour.