Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Matt finally admitted that Asura's Wrath is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So Paige is officially pregnant?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yeah, that's been a joke for so long I can't tell if it's real this time or not.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nah, she's in japan on a cool business thing for the near future. Ironically, that means more streams from her because she gets to just mess around early in the afternoon while it's night time in the americas.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
very pro-click

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1-WKNKvLVU&hd=1&t=7906s

after pat just fails over and over against the IMPOSSIBLE OBSTRUCTION of the griffon from queen knight's stage combined with the cauldrons of lava because he just cannot use special weapons, he finally does, gets past it immediately, and then the best thing happens(and then the next death is perfect too)

edit: holy poo poo he just keeps dying immediately and it's great, he even forgets where he is and tries to pogo shovel off a lava fish in the first pit and just dies immediately :allears:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Apr 11, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Paige's "what" in chat when he said pregnant was perfect

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I didn't get to the podcast til a day or so later. They are talking about how American restaurants never split the bill and act like it's a pain in the rear end.

I just always blamed it in people being loving stupid as poo poo. I worked retail for a while and was at Bed, Bath, and Beyond where our cash registers were 20+ year old computer systems. If 3 people wanted to pay for a purchase... each one chipping in with like... cash... debit... credit... check... etc. I could do that. Then I'd go to a place with brand new super nice registers that I would almost dream about having because they weren't awful pieces of poo poo. And I'd be like: "Oh can we split this?" And the reaction would be: "Uh our system uh can't uh do uh that." Bullshit it can't. You just have never tried. I was never told our system could but oh look, I figured out how because someone asked.

Though it also reminds me of a guy I knew paying for pizza... it was super simple, something like$19.50 with him giving the cashier a $20. The cashier grabbed out a calculator because he couldn't tell how much change he needed to give back.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I too think its extremely cool to assume all workers in the service industry are idiots and not just poorly trained or otherwise victims of the system they have no choice but to serve.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

a cartoon duck posted:

The demon tower nonsense in DMC3 probably killed some people. The city in DMC3 always felt weirdly deserted to avoid addressing this subject, though.

As far as DMC5 goes, even if you consider Urizen a completely separate entity from Vergil, Urizen's creation was the explicit purpose of his whole demon/human separation business. Urizen only exists because Vergil wanted him to exist, in the exist way he exists, so I'd say Vergil is pretty culpable for everything Urizen does.

That wasn't Pat's argument--he was saying there's nothing in the work that Urizen does that demonstrably kills anyone. The Qlipoth kills a ton of people, but we don't see Urizen plant it, or use the Yamato to unseal it, or whatever, and the in game lore says it's, "naturally occurring," whatever the hell that means. All Urizen does is brood on a tree, beat up but not kill several demon hunters who attacked him, eat an apple that was harvested by morally exploitative market forces (man, who hasn't), and scream a lot about power.

Yes, if Urizen unleashed the Qlipoth into the city, then Virgil is 100% responsible for millions of deaths. But Pat's right--the writers were careful NOT to establish that, in case they want to use Virgil in another game and don't want him to be a murderer on the scale of Pol Pot.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I can't believe pat is right about something lore related for once.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nalesh posted:

I can't believe pat is right about something lore related for once.

I'm sure reality will write itself so that he is wrong again

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

It was really annoying that woolie tried to defend his previous "I don't need more Devil May Cry" statement by saying that he only meant he doesn't want more dante but would be fine with trish/lady spinoff or a nero game OR just 'more DMC gameplay' and acting like everyone was an idiot for misunderstanding him!!

Because if he phrased it like that in the first place pretty much everyone would have agreed with him on the spot

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

smuh posted:

It was really annoying that woolie tried to defend his previous "I don't need more Devil May Cry" statement by saying that he only meant he doesn't want more dante but would be fine with trish/lady spinoff or a nero game OR just 'more DMC gameplay' and acting like everyone was an idiot for misunderstanding him!!

Because if he phrased it like that in the first place pretty much everyone would have agreed with him on the spot

Glad Woolie is still practicing Backdown-Fu.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

MaxDuo posted:

I didn't get to the podcast til a day or so later. They are talking about how American restaurants never split the bill and act like it's a pain in the rear end.

I just always blamed it in people being loving stupid as poo poo. I worked retail for a while and was at Bed, Bath, and Beyond where our cash registers were 20+ year old computer systems. If 3 people wanted to pay for a purchase... each one chipping in with like... cash... debit... credit... check... etc. I could do that. Then I'd go to a place with brand new super nice registers that I would almost dream about having because they weren't awful pieces of poo poo. And I'd be like: "Oh can we split this?" And the reaction would be: "Uh our system uh can't uh do uh that." Bullshit it can't. You just have never tried. I was never told our system could but oh look, I figured out how because someone asked.

Though it also reminds me of a guy I knew paying for pizza... it was super simple, something like$19.50 with him giving the cashier a $20. The cashier grabbed out a calculator because he couldn't tell how much change he needed to give back.

Huh, I didn't realize this was a thing. Maybe it's regional? I live in Seattle and whenever I go out it's with friends, and restaurants never seem to have a problem splitting the bill.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
if this podcast taught me anything its that the people in chat are incredibly dumb and I am glad they have just started mocking them on air

smuh posted:

it seemed incredibly obvious what he meant in the first place and it seemed like people were deliberately misinterpreting him

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 12, 2019

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
What was Pat talking about with not sending food back if it has hair in it or some poo poo? Does he just think you should just eat it? What the hell

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Barent posted:

What was Pat talking about with not sending food back if it has hair in it or some poo poo? Does he just think you should just eat it? What the hell
He's saying its taboo to return food to your waiter in Montreal.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Viridiant posted:

Huh, I didn't realize this was a thing. Maybe it's regional? I live in Seattle and whenever I go out it's with friends, and restaurants never seem to have a problem splitting the bill.

Same, I've live in the Midwest and every place I go to asks first if we want a split check or not, on the rare occasion a server doesn't it's not a problem. I think I've had like maybe 3 servers act like it was a hassle and they weren't very good at their jobs in general.

Barent posted:

Yeah, he said you should just eat it. I can understand this to an extent, but if there's a loving hair in your food, gently caress that noise. It sounded like Paige had also tried sending stuff back because she merely didn't like it which, yeah, seems outlandish to me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It hasn't happened to me but I don't think I would care about a hair in my food to be honest

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

The not returning food thing was really bizarre to me. Like if you have a hair in your food you're an idiot if you just eat that poo poo up, what the hell, get a refund or something
Also Pat claimed that people lining up when waiting for a bus is a canadian only thing which is so super loving wrong that it annoyed me personally, like oh yeah everyone else is just a complete caveman or what?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

it seemed incredibly obvious what he meant in the first place and it seemed like people were deliberately misinterpreting him
It was obvious if you know Woolie, but what he said and what he meant were very different things. 'I don't want more Devil May Cry' should not be what you say when you mean 'I want more Devil May Cry gameplay, but not a continuation of Dante's storyline'. It would not have been a huge deal at all but he kind of made it one with how strongly he wanted to defend himself in the last podcast. Just admit you phrased it badly!!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People refuse to flush toilets, so I guess hair eaters are a thing too

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

you don't have to eat the hair just take the loving hair out it's not that hard

i dont think the entire bowl is filled with hair

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Indecisive posted:

Yeah that's what I'd do

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Indecisive posted:

Yeah, though I'm surprised neurotic-rear end Pat takes that approach.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think Pat abhors the human contact more than the hair in his food.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

I think it also has a lot to do with the type of hair and the type of food. Like, solid food with a long straight hair on the side? Sure, just grab that off, it's cool. Soup with a thick pube hair in the middle? who would eat that

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

smuh posted:

I'm going to let you in on a secret: Woolie is bad at articulating his opinion, bad at arguing and bad at admitting when he's wrong

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Thank you Pat, for calling out Justin Wong's awful tier lists on the podcast.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dias posted:

I think Pat abhors the human contact more than the hair in his food.

Same tbh

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Throwing out perfectly good food when there's a hair in it is actually genuinely pretty offensive to me.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
depends an awful lot on how that hair looks

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Plan Z posted:

Throwing out perfectly good food when there's a hair in it is actually genuinely pretty offensive to me.
when it's your hair? sure, fine, whatever, you do you

when it's some rando's hair? nope, that portion of the food is getting scooped away and chucked

edit: yeah if the hair is short and curly the entire thing gets purged

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't care what the hair looks like either

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
As someone who works in a kitchen this entire conversation makes me angry on a visceral level.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Andrast posted:

I don't care what the hair looks like either

what if its thicker than your finger

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

what if its thicker than your finger

ok then we have a problem

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The problem with finding hair isn't so much the hair itself, but the fact that if they can't even be assed to wear hairnets, what other food safety poo poo are they ignoring.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nalesh posted:

The problem with finding hair isn't so much the hair itself, but the fact that if they can't even be assed to wear hairnets, what other food safety poo poo are they ignoring.

Wearing a hairnet isn't like a 100% protection against hair

I work in a loving cleanroom and we still get all sorts of particles and fibers (including hair) every day.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Nalesh posted:

That's not a guarantee. There are hundreds of thousands of hairs on different employees in a kitchen, one or two showing up on a plate once in a while is really damned good. The expectation that a hair should never end up in food and that you're going to be killed by a hair touching your food or somethingis unreasonable. I can understand someone being unnerved by it and I'm okay with a discount/comp on that plate, but the idea that a hair off someone's head is enough to throw away food when there are human beings eating out of dumpsters is so offensive to me.

And I'm trying not to be combative here. These are the kinds of discussions I like because I'm always curious about peoples' thoughts on it.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

speaking as someone who has had to work 10-hour dish days before it's really enlightening how many of y'all have never ever been in the back of a restaurant depending on your reactions