Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

India was right we have to destroy space and cover the earth’s low orbit with trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Krankenstyle posted:

only white people afaik

Every person outside of Africa (as in, all non- African's)

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

India was right we have to destroy space and cover the earth’s low orbit with trash

I was wrong when I previously expressed abhorrence with China practicing destroying satellites, creating space debris, and it will be worth it for the U.S. to shoot space-advertisements down

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

the us will be the one threatening to annihilate anyone who harms a space advertisement

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I don't think I like this US person, whoever they are.

Apathy420
May 18, 2017

by Cyrano4747
“What’s your sign?”
“I’m a Scorpio sun, a Leo moon, and my rising sign is Pepsi Cola”

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you are just a simple pepsi sattelite

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol
https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1117102872137818118

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Outrail posted:

Well it'll happen eventually but it's dumb as gently caress. And if they do do it I hope Coca-Cola builds a gigantic flashing neon billboard outside the pepsi CEOs bedroom window.

Nah they'll just paint their logo on the moon. Like a larger version of the 1996 Olympics where pepsi paid to be the sponsor and coke just put a huge neon sign right next door to the stadium so it showed up anytime people/cameras looked out over the city

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

all aboard the astro train

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nuke the moon cowards

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

3/2 agendas were so goddamn broken, still a great game. for content do y’all think they’re just going to put up a few satellite billboards or do you think they’ll shoot up a bunch to try and cover the whole sky so they can attempt to rent seek?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Taintrunner posted:

Nuke the moon cowards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx5g-5ibUpg&t=74s

Remulak has issued a correction as of 20:50 on Apr 13, 2019

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Peanut President posted:

Nah they'll just paint their logo on the moon. Like a larger version of the 1996 Olympics where pepsi paid to be the sponsor and coke just put a huge neon sign right next door to the stadium so it showed up anytime people/cameras looked out over the city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOOl6xKRQ_4

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

lmao

Pepsi getting scammed hard

Russian company saying they'll send these up in a few years if they get the cash? yeah, sure

even if it really happens, the billboard will only be visible for a few minutes, and only in one area. horrendously bad investment

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

eviv bulgroz

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

lmao

Pepsi getting scammed hard

Russian company saying they'll send these up in a few years if they get the cash? yeah, sure

even if it really happens, the billboard will only be visible for a few minutes, and only in one area. horrendously bad investment

nah sounds like Pepsi hasn’t given them poo poo for money and this viral marketing certainly is working

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

says man definitely not talking about the Pepsi brand

Juliet Whisky
Jan 14, 2017

It's worth a click-around, I like the naughty section.

Please send actual letters to prisoners and not any of these things.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
im strongly considering installing handles of some sort onto my desk so i can physically brace myself while i learn about new and exciting global developments

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
perhaps some sort of button could be involved and bound as an alternate M1 so that I could open links once I'd battened down the hatches

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Socks4Hands posted:

im strongly considering installing handles of some sort onto my desk so i can physically brace myself while i learn about new and exciting global developments

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Juliet Whisky posted:

It's worth a click-around, I like the naughty section.

Please send actual letters to prisoners and not any of these things.

shouldn't this link be in the Avenatti mega-thread?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
How A Trump Proposal Could Reduce 'Happy' Disabled People

quote:

A new policy proposal by the Trump administration calls for the surveillance of disabled people’s social media profiles to determine the necessity of their disability benefits. The proposal, which reportedly aims to cut down on the number of fraudulent disability claims would, monitor the profiles of disabled people and flag content that shows them doing physical activities. When it comes down to it, the policy dictates that disabled people shouldn’t be seen living their lives for fear of losing vital financial aid and, possibly, medical care.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

But by encouraging them to delete their Facebook, he’s doing them a favor.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

"first day in a long time I haven't thought about blowing my brains out #progress"
cia spook with binoculars on looking at monitor "cut em off boys"

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Look forward to any claims of financial prudence being horribly wrong after the disability culling program ends up costing more than it saves.

Man, it seems like no matter how much you try to shave down the basic human decency programs while cutting taxes or even subsidizing the wealthy, the math never works out.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Socks4Hands posted:

perhaps some sort of button could be involved and bound as an alternate M1 so that I could open links once I'd battened down the hatches

Install an M18A1 imo

'Front towards end user'

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Look forward to any claims of financial prudence being horribly wrong after the disability culling program ends up costing more than it saves.

Man, it seems like no matter how much you try to shave down the basic human decency programs while cutting taxes or even subsidizing the wealthy, the math never works out.

The cruelty is the point.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
Some Vets With PTSD Are Scamming the VA: Testimony

quote:

Junger said society must share the blame for the prevalence of PTSD. "Many of our vets seem to be suffering from something other than trauma reaction. One possible explanation for their psychological troubles is that -- whether they experience combat or not -- transitioning from the kind of close communal life of a platoon to the alienation of modern society is extremely difficult."

Then there is politics. "In order for soldiers to avoid something called 'moral injury,' they have to believe they are fighting for a just cause, and that just cause can only reside in a nation that truly believes in itself as an enduring entity," Junger said.

"When it became fashionable after the election for some of my fellow Democrats to declare that Donald Trump was 'not their president,' they put all of our soldiers at risk of moral injury," he said.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
remember it was good when the right did it to Obama tho :ironicat:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Hey now, no one said that life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are unalienable rights.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

galenanorth posted:

I was wrong when I previously expressed abhorrence with China practicing destroying satellites, creating space debris, and it will be worth it for the U.S. to shoot space-advertisements down

If we launch a space advertisement it would be correct to shoot it down, both to destroy it and to prevent our poison species from escaping this dying rock

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Prav posted:

eviv bulgroz

:hai:

Eviv Bulgroz.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

The cruelty is the point.

Yeah, I guess I just get annoyed at the obvious farce of financial prudence.

What's really fun is that if you note how so many welfare programs often demand that the welfare recipient have a job, it ends up being a subsidy for businesses that don't pay a living wage. If the cost of surviving to do a job exceeds the pay from the job, most people would just quit, but if the government makes up the difference on the condition they keep working, that lets businesses keep their payroll costs down.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Speaking of Coca-Cola, here's something from the Star Wars thread:

The MSJ posted:

Come get your official Space Coke at Disneyland.

From a detached point of view, it's actually really interesting just how few visual cues are actually needed to evoke the brands. Like the Sprite is clearly and obviously a Sprite just from the colors and the blob of yellow in vaguely the right spot. The marketing has saturated our brains to the point that we don't even need the words.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Powered Descent posted:

Speaking of Coca-Cola, here's something from the Star Wars thread:

From a detached point of view, it's actually really interesting just how few visual cues are actually needed to evoke the brands. Like the Sprite is clearly and obviously a Sprite just from the colors and the blob of yellow in vaguely the right spot. The marketing has saturated our brains to the point that we don't even need the words.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Coming from a country where a state-owned insurance company handles all cases where ability to work is affected by accidents, I can say this with authority: people lie about long term injury all the time. Usually these are middle class and white collar (white) folk with a "relationship with a doctor". ACC (the aforementioned insurance Co) occasionally leaks photos to the press of someone on long term compensation digging a drainage ditch in the rental property they own.

Doing due diligence on long term claims is fine imo, and this seems to only be picking the low-hanging fruit.

Although all these problems and more would be solved by a UBI.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
are those soft drinks or thermal detonators :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Kitfox88 posted:

are those soft drinks or thermal detonators :thunk:

they're various types of pokeball. i see a couple regular ones, a net ball... not sure about the others tho. maybe a great ball?