Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Someone in the crowd's got a livestream going here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewkxahH8VVk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

EA's making a video game where you play a padawan who survived Order 66, went into hiding, hooks up with a more experienced Jedi who trains him, and is chased by an Inquisitor.

:thunk:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Mandalorian panel's in 10 minutes.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yep, stream is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrlTosbjylA

Curious that they're just looping in music from Rogue One for the pre-stream.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cross-Section posted:

Yep, stream is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrlTosbjylA

Curious that they're just looping in music from Rogue One for the pre-stream.

Cause it's Star Wars music and Star Wars music is good background noise

If I could have any series music as my life's background music, it'd be a toss-up between Star Wars and Kingdom Hearts

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Filoni :3:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Everything they say is making me more hyped for this show.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Hope we get a trailer

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
We will, or at least a behind the scenes filming teaser.

Pedro is great.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Always fun to see new people do the nervous "am I allowed to say that" glance at Filoni.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I forgot Carl Weathers is in this lol. Amazing. Didn't realize Gina Carano is in the show too. And yeah, Pedro owns :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Blackout?! Boooo.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
:/ streaming people don't get to see footage. That sucks

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Maybe they'll put it online later? :ohdear:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Stream of the exclusive stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq3ZmLjdgZs

Edit: gently caress disney is quick. taken down. It is a behind the scenes video of filming, introducing some characters and locations as well as showcasing the directors involved.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 14, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

drunkill posted:

Stream of the exclusive stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq3ZmLjdgZs

Edit: gently caress disney is quick. taken down. It is a behind the scenes video of filming, introducing some characters and locations as well as showcasing the directors involved.

Still up for me, but I can't seem to download for posterity.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It was just three minutes of this

https://twitter.com/marcusreeves73/status/1117459022196744193

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQzVs7pQVUQ

Quickly. They're on the move.

:smuggo:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That owns, they built a physical model of the ship to use in space scenes.

Also getting the 501st to help out because they needed more stormtroopers is neat as hell.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 14, 2019

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I loving love that John Knoll heard they wanted to make a model for lighting reference and immediately went home and CNC’d an old fashioned motion rig for filming in his garage :allears:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Of course George Lucas stopped by...and Dave kept reminding him that George's version of Mandos wasn't entirely accurate anymore

The Padawan has surpassed the Master

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I loving love that John Knoll heard they wanted to make a model for lighting reference and immediately went home and CNC’d an old fashioned motion rig for filming in his garage :allears:

I always wince a little bit at the "LOOK AT OUR PRACTICAL EFFECTS" drum beating...but seeing stuff like this...THIS is how you show that

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I don’t understand the logic behind blacking out the livestream for stuff that’s going to leak out in lovely res anyway, and I say that as someone who’s waited in an overnight Celebration line for a panel in the past.

Just show everyone the drat clips! :argh:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Especially since it's all "Here's what you can look forward to" and behind the scenes stuff

You don't build hype for an exclusive service by not showing anything from it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vinylshadow posted:

Especially since it's all "Here's what you can look forward to" and behind the scenes stuff

You don't build hype for an exclusive service by not showing anything from it

Disney could make their streaming service's motto "Because gently caress you, that's why" and they'd still get 20 million subs day one, hype building is probably not entirely necessary

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Mando is lookin sweet.

Disney is...unruining? Star Wars...?

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

AndyElusive posted:

The Mando is lookin sweet.

Disney is...unruining? Star Wars...?

You might find they never ruined it in the first place...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Star Wars TV and Comics have been knocking Star Wars out of the park, even if the movies have been lackluster

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Vinylshadow posted:

Star Wars TV and Comics have been knocking Star Wars out of the park, even if the movies have been lackluster

Nah, the movies have been fine-to-great, the shows have been solid-to-good, the comics and books are still by far the most uneven. The main Star Wars comic has been a boring disaster since it started and right now the books are hamstrung by not being able to really explore the gap between ROTJ and TFA.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Torra's VA is adorably manic, and I like that they made that part of her character

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/mikeryan/status...472329532104705

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

drunkill posted:

That owns, they built a physical model of the ship to use in space scenes.

Also getting the 501st to help out because they needed more stormtroopers is neat as hell.

I'm 4th from the right! I'm curious if there were any other goons on set.

Rubber Slug fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 14, 2019

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Super lo-res leak here

Be warned though, that is the Star Wars Leaks subreddit. While there’s nothing super spoilery in that thread for now, I wouldn’t go digging if you’re paranoid about spoilers.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
That teaser looks like everything I've wanted from Star Wars for a while. Live action stories set in the OT world but not involving major characters and treated in a reasonably serious and adult way. I can't wait.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The YT embed I posted is still available just a few posts up and is way better quality. I have a copy saved in case it goes down for anyone who wants to see it as well.

Oh wait that's the trailer, not the behind the scenes.

teagone fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 14, 2019

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

teagone posted:

The YT embed I posted is still available just a few posts up and is way better quality. I have a copy saved in case it goes down for anyone who wants to see it as well.

Your link is a BTS sizzle reel they did in the middle of the panel. The other link is a 30 second trailer they did at the end of the panel.

Lots of different stuff in the short trailer including IG-Waititi shooting just about everyone in sight.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 14, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah I couldn't tell on my phone that it was different because it was so small and I have my phone on silent atm.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

teagone posted:

Yeah I couldn't tell on my phone that it was different because it was so small and I have my phone on silent atm.

It’s all good, but this is yet another situation that could have been solved by SHOWING EVERYONE THE CLIPS :argh:

I don’t care if the vfx isn’t finished and polished, just show me the dang trailer!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Also didn't realize they showed a teaser at the end. Best I could find on YT [edit] same video linked actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxocgCqErAc

Saved for posterity as well. I'm guessing they'll put these online once the marketing blitz for Disney+ starts.

teagone fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
All in all, it looks good. The art direction is a little drab for my tastes, but it fits the tone of the show. I never saw Pascal’s GoT episodes, but I watched Prospect a few days ago and he’s great in that.