Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Pedro as Oberyn Martell was a fan favorite in GoT. He is one of my favorite characters of any show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Somebody uploaded the entire 7-minute clip they showed at the end of the panel, catch it while you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0dhPm3vbyE

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

Somebody uploaded the entire 7-minute clip they showed at the end of the panel, catch it while you can:

Saved for posterity, if it goes down. Thanks.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
So that shock bayonet thingy on the rifle he's got is a nod to the Holiday special, right?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pedro is loving awesome in Narcos. He's 2nd to the actor playing Escobar but comes close. He's gonna make The Mandalorian amazing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hannibal Rex posted:

So that shock bayonet thingy on the rifle he's got is a nod to the Holiday special, right?

Yeah, Favreau specifically mentioned the holiday special several times during the panel. I wonder if he brought it up with George :laugh:

Has beskar been name-dropped in canon media before this?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I don't know how much of it is just actors having to play the game and say good things about their project, but all of The Mandalorian actors seem really jazzed about being there.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Everything in those Mandolorian videos from Star Wars Celebration looks loving amazing. Every single thing.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

TCW Season 7 panel is currently streaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Fkcyi8E1k

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 14, 2019

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Man, Filoni is really up in these people's heads. :allears:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Cross-Section posted:

TCW Season 7 panel is currently streaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Fkcyi8E1k

I think they're leaving "Lost Missions" off as its own thing, and the new stuff is Season 6

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That clip was great. I missed Clone Wars :unsmith:

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

So it looks like we're getting the Bad Batch arc, an Ahsoka in the Coruscant underworld arc, and then the Siege of Mandalore as the final arc?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tomtrek posted:

So it looks like we're getting the Bad Batch arc, an Ahsoka in the Coruscant underworld arc, and then the Siege of Mandalore as the final arc?

I'm really hoping the last reveal of the panel is gonna be "oh and we decided to go ahead and make a full season"....

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mo-capped Ray Park as Maul? :stare: That's awesome.

Also, is there an artbook of Filoni's sketches? I want a book just full of all his Clone Wars doodles and storyboards.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I know Dave loves animation, but they really should make him the Kevin Feige of Star Wars.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I know Dave loves animation, but they really should make him the Kevin Feige of Star Wars.

Just make Kevin Feige the Kevin Feige of Star Wars.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Aww, I remember Filoni talking about that clip at Celebration London and it made Ashley Eckstein cry.

[edit] Haha, and she cried again :unsmith:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Hoooooooly poo poo that trailer. Clone Wars good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

gently caress, that trailer was amazing. Ahsoka looks cool with blue sabers :allears:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drat that was good

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mandalorians always getting their poo poo kicked in by Ahsoka :twisted:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I think my only lament here is no finalized Utapau arc. Almost everything else in production got some manner of release, be it Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple, or this final season

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

It's kind of a bummer that the Utapau arc isn't getting completed but I can understand why. It's not as exciting or action packed as the others, and while it does have a really really good scene of Anakin and Obi-Wan talking about Ahsoka leaving the order, most of it is about the Separatists collecting kyber crystals... which isn't a plot thread that's followed up on anywhere else.

It's interesting that the Ahsoka Coruscant arc seems to be a mix of work they had already done and new stuff. The scene they showed of her on the bike was shown in an animatic form at the Ahsoka panel at Celebration London, and there was no mention of the male possible love interest character they had talked about then. It seems they've replaced that character with the two sisters.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://twitter.com/thomasp0003/status/1117480069562343426?s=20

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

has a mix of John Wick in there too

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Both Clone Wars and The Mandalorian look extremely promising.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I've been meaning to ask, which episodes of the Clone Wars would I have to watch to get all the backstory for Rogue One? Is it just Saw Gerrera's character, or does Jedha or anything else also feature in CW?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Hannibal Rex posted:

I've been meaning to ask, which episodes of the Clone Wars would I have to watch to get all the backstory for Rogue One? Is it just Saw Gerrera's character, or does Jedha or anything else also feature in CW?

It's really just Saw, but even in those episodes the focus is more on his sister.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Rebels is the one that explains Saw's path to Jedha.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Hannibal Rex posted:

Beside the Holiday Special rifle, I noticed his sidearm appears to be based off of a Bergmann 1896 pistol. Which continues the fine Star Wars tradition of "old timey gun with some space bits glued onto it".

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cross-Section posted:

Holy poo poo. i couldn't be more hyped for this now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Henker posted:

Beside the Holiday Special rifle, I noticed his sidearm appears to be based off of a Bergmann 1896 pistol. Which continues the fine Star Wars tradition of "old timey gun with some space bits glued onto it".

Yea I recognized that as well. It took me like 12 watches to realize that Jyn's pistol is a Luger.

drat both TCW and Mando previews are amazing. Well, from the pictures of the Mando at least. I hope the preview footage gets put online soon.

I guess Ashoka will have some contact with at least Anakin before the events of ROTS.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I recognized that as well. It took me like 12 watches to realize that Jyn's pistol is a Luger.

drat both TCW and Mando previews are amazing. Well, from the pictures of the Mando at least. I hope the preview footage gets put online soon.

I guess Ashoka will have some contact with at least Anakin before the events of ROTS.

Someone posted the link above^ I downloaded just in case it gets taken down.

Looks like it's still up for now, the other footage of the trailer and behind the scenes got taken down already

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Binged watched Star Wars: Resistance. Interesting premise. Kaz and Neeku were annoying as hell, but still got a laugh or two over the silliness. I know I know it's a kids show, but I really tone down the goofiness. I curious to know how Season 2 goes on.

Just saw The Clone Wars panel and that just made my day. I was so sad to see TCW get cancelled, I enjoyed Rebels, and really glad they brought back TCW for more. They're only going to do 12 episodes for season 6. Hopefully they'll do more next seasons.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rocksicles posted:

Someone posted the link above^ I downloaded just in case it gets taken down.

Looks like it's still up for now, the other footage of the trailer and behind the scenes got taken down already

Ah that looks great. Too bad the audio is so tinny can't hear the dialog, but drat. I didn't realize Giancarlo Esposito is in it too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i liked it a lot. do we know how many episodes it'll have?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Ah that looks great. Too bad the audio is so tinny can't hear the dialog, but drat. I didn't realize Giancarlo Esposito is in it too.

The audio is pretty good on my computer, for a phone video anyway. i can hear everything.

The best thing about the video that got taekn down was John Fav explained when it's set. 5 years after RToJ

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 15, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rocksicles posted:

The audio is pretty good on my computer, for a phone video anyway. i can hear everything.

The best thing about the video that got taekn down was John Fav explained when it's set. 5 years after RToJ

Weird, but the sound on my computer has been really weird lately. Like i'll watch a video and the music will be fine but audio will be crap. It's probably because the speakers i'm using currently are like 20 years old.

I'd hear the time frame thing before, but its nice to see confirmation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

excited for the mandalorian so i photobashed some blasters