Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I still think about Men of Valor for the PC to this day because it was so buggy we had to call a support line and they sent a patch CD in the post. Truly one of the GOATs (Game Often Authors Tragedy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

bushisms.txt posted:

Probably $20-30, I'd imagine. The software is super robust, but all the lol cardboard memes forget that that poo poo isn't cheap. Is the average Joe supposed to have a laser cutter on hand?

$20-30 on top of how much the individual kits? People already complain about the Switch tax now. That would be a gigantic mess.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Takoluka posted:

$20-30 on top of how much the individual kits? People already complain about the Switch tax now. That would be a gigantic mess.

I thought you were asking base price for a potential eShop digital release of the vr software.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The actual replacement cardboard packs are 5-20 dollars each.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hyrule Warriors is a drug and I will never hit the bottom

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Hyrule Warriors is pivotal to explaining the Zelda canon, furthermore

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Much like everything about the WiiU or "PiiU" as it should be called

The Wii U was great until the Switch also got most of its library. The Switch still has some dumb controller decisions like Super Mario Party and Pokémon Let’s Go not letting you use both joycons in grip or pro controllers.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Absolutely blasting through Hollow Knight on this fine Sunday. Just discovered Deepnest. Given the horror this thread made it out to be, it wasn't that bad. I can certainly see how impossible the whole section would be for people with certain phobias though

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I never understood those reactions to deepnest. It's just another level?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

KingSlime posted:

I never understood those reactions to deepnest. It's just another level?

Did you do it with headphones?

It's not like deepnest is unbearable or anything, but between the sound design, tight spaces, lack of benches, and there being no good way out, it's a genuinely unpleasant place to be. And I'm neither claustrophobic nor especially Illdisposed to many-legged bugs.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I thought the things they did with the bugs coming from the foreground was particularly clever, and it did make me start the first time.

Conversely, I feel like 70% of my troubles with Gungeon are due to its poor artistic direction. I don't even realize when I'm on fire or walking onto a pit or a trap or whatnot because everything's all busy and samey.

When I got to a boss that was just bullet hell and no room gimmicks I had no trouble at all.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

ItBreathes posted:

Did you do it with headphones?

It's not like deepnest is unbearable or anything, but between the sound design, tight spaces, lack of benches, and there being no good way out, it's a genuinely unpleasant place to be. And I'm neither claustrophobic nor especially Illdisposed to many-legged bugs.

No headphones but I played it on PC too. I don't know, sure it was the "creepy dark level" but theres the cartoony art style + the fact that the area is actually not that hard. Hell, the boss is a fake out. It's annoying to get out and in that sense they nailed the sense of being trapped but it's a 2d platformer, not a resident evil game.

I guess my brain just doesn't work that way? Because people do seem to genuinely get unnerved in there

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

bushisms.txt posted:

I thought you were asking base price for a potential eShop digital release of the vr software.

Well yeah, I was. It's just that the software is useless with the kit and vice versa. It seems crazy to offer the software on its own and not have any immediate access to use the software.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Afro posted:

The full climbing outfit makes you feel like Spider Link it rules

OK now I’m gonna have to re-dye the climbing clothes to be red and blue (although I do love the look of the Navy climbing bandanna– goes really well with most clothing items)

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Takoluka posted:

Well yeah, I was. It's just that the software is useless with the kit and vice versa. It seems crazy to offer the software on its own and not have any immediate access to use the software.

Well, if you buy the software without the cardboard, I'm assuming you're getting the cardboard cut yourself. The software is super robust, so its not like it's not worth it. $40 for everything isn't asking much. The main reason they don't offer it on eShop is probably because of this dilemma. Nerd circles say lol cardboard, but unless you've got the cutter and cardboard on hand, this is the best deal.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's pretty impressive what Nintendo has pulled off with VR Labo, I only made the base headset and not the blaster yet but the games are pretty neat though you're done with all of them in 5 seconds. I can't wait for BOTW on this. But holy poo poo, this thing sure does loving highlight all of the dust that got trapped under a screen protector like crazy. I thought I did a good job but apparently not.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's pretty impressive what Nintendo has pulled off with VR Labo, I only made the base headset and not the blaster yet but the games are pretty neat though you're done with all of them in 5 seconds. I can't wait for BOTW on this. But holy poo poo, this thing sure does loving highlight all of the dust that got trapped under a screen protector like crazy. I thought I did a good job but apparently not.

Yeah I had to remove my screen protector it was so bad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Thats what you get for not doing The Shower Trick...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

lmao if you put a screen protector on your switch

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Glass feels very sexy on my switch. Nothing wrong with preferring cheap gritty low grade scratchable plastic though!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Takoluka posted:

lmao if you put a screen protector on your switch

Not all of us care about preserving the matte finish.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I never use screen protectors since I find it impossible to put one on without dust or bubbles.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I tried the shower trick the last time I put on a screen protector and it just resulted in having water spots instead of dust.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I tried the shower trick the last time I put on a screen protector and it just resulted in having water spots instead of dust.

You aren't supposed to put your switch inside the shower.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

That’s why you dry it in the oven afterward.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I never use screen protectors since I find it impossible to put one on without dust or bubbles.

clean your apartment

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

So after I complete 120 shrines in Zelda, I'm probably going to buy the DLC.

Should I complete it before or after fighting Ganon? Is there a postgame?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Don't have the dlc but there is no postgame.

E:where can you find your shrine completion? I looked through all the menus and didn't see it.

EE: grabbed Mario+Rabbids at Target, initial impression are middling to unfavorable, though admittedly in large parts due to dislike of Rabbids. How much does it pick up after world 1?

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 15, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

ItBreathes posted:

E:where can you find your shrine completion? I looked through all the menus and didn't see it.

EE: grabbed Mario+Rabbids at Target, initial impression are middling to unfavorable, though admittedly in large parts due to dislike of Rabbids. How much does it pick up after world 1?

I just check it on loading screens, I’m not sure if there’s a menu option.

Lol I played through MR world 1 and traded it in so I could get credit towards buying Smash so I can’t help you there. I’m just a random goon but you’re not alone.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

a.lo posted:

clean your apartment

I live in a dirty house.:smug:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Beating Ganon only gets you a Percentage display of what you're collected, but when you load the game it's right before the Ganon fight so you can do the fight again if you want or go off and explore and collect stuff, there's no post game stuff. You're at the perfect time to start the DLC, because the second DLC requires you to beat the four main dungeons to access the bulk of it's content.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ItBreathes posted:

it picks up a decent amount once you start unlocking secondary weapons and skills and more characters and more enemy types, i enjoyed chapter 2 a lot more than chapter 1

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgeA_MNQv9w

I'm not sure if this was posted, but Tennis Aces originally had a static opening with talking portraits and 5 seconds of cutscene. Camelot apparently redid the intro to be a classic sports game cartoon for the most part with the Wa Brothers being Tomb Robbers :v:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm not sure if this was posted, but Tennis Aces originally had a static opening with talking portraits and 5 seconds of cutscene. Camelot apparently redid the intro to be a classic sports game cartoon for the most part with the Wa Brothers being Tomb Robbers :v:
Cool, but seems like a weird amount of effort to put into a dead game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They've been constantly updating it since release

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I finished Yoshi and completed every level except for the boss challenges which I'll go later.

This left me with 299 flowers, 18 left in the boss challenges, after unlocking every level. So you could definitely unlock all game content without ever touching the scavenger hunt requests if you want, with like ~150 to spare. You wouldn't even need to do most flip sides.

So anyone complaining about playing through the same levels over and over is just plain wrong. You have a ton of leeway to play however you want to unlock the final challenges

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That rules. That was one of my favorite aspects of the GC games.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The biggest flaw in Mario and Rabbids is that when you're running around the open world you control the little roomba robot but your eye is naturally drawn to Mario (who follows the robot) so it feels like the controls are lagging.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Also the Roomba says swear words because Ubisoft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The game really didn't need a wrap around scifi story to explain Mario meeting the Rabbids but somebody at Ubisoft loves that stuff.