Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The big bad is HBO who dragged this poo poo out for 2 years when it easily could have ended with a slightly longer S7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol what a goddamn shitshow

6 tiddays

No dicks

No good jokes

An ad for a new "northern dragon rider" roller-coaster opening soon at Disney

gently caress this

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
It is kind of funny that every conversation Dany has is her reminding people that anyone who questions or does not immediately submit to her rule will be roasted alive and eaten by her dragons.

But she's totally different from her father.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

PathAsc posted:

An ad for a new "northern dragon rider" roller-coaster opening soon at Disney

Seriously this scene was the worst. Oh there's so much story to go and Night King is just running around like Stone Cold Steve Austin in 1998 but let's just ride dragons.

Dicks.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
How 'bout some fuckin' spoilers for the people who don't have hbo you cunts

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018

facebook jihad posted:

Seriously this scene was the worst. Oh there's so much story to go and Night King is just running around like Stone Cold Steve Austin in 1998 but let's just ride dragons.

Dicks.

were going to think back on how to gently caress your dragon kindly when they waste the next 6 hours on pretending gendry matters for anything but the super weapons *he refused to help make so he could go on a suicide mission*

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

StuG Jeebus posted:

Absolutely nothing happened

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

StuG Jeebus posted:

Don't read the thread of the television show you can't watch...?

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

StuG Jeebus posted:

They found a dead kid nailed to a wall with severed human limbs nailed to the wall around him in the spiral White Walker symbol. Then the little dead kid came alive and they set him on fire

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

StuG Jeebus posted:

People show up, people talk, no one likes each other. Jon and Dany have sex with the dragons watching them.

Also I just remembered teaser commercial for this season, one of the images it showed was Bran's wheelchair covered in snow at the base of some stairs. I guess Jaime does finish the job.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Slutitution posted:

They found a dead kid nailed to a wall with severed human limbs nailed to the wall around him in the spiral White Walker symbol. Then the little dead kid came alive and they set him on fire

That's pretty cool

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
episode needed more Davos

also I will be sad if Alys Karstark gets killed. Also, gently caress the Glovers "tee hee imma just gonna sit in my castle in the forest and wait to die lol"

Manderly better show up and do something good. Or is he still at Winterfell, my stream cut out a few times

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

facebook jihad posted:

Dicks.

Snow Cold Steve Nightking is gonna kill at northernmania

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If I had directed this episode:

It starts w/ the WWs attacking winterfell. And the whole ep is a battle w/ some poo poo in the middle bits where all the boring stuff happens. Nothing happened tonight that couldn't take place in the midst of battle.

But we got 1/6 of the season wasted.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Or have Tormund and Beric get to castle black and then the WWs attack there. Just something to set poo poo started.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I go to my wife hey do you wanna watch GoT? She says not really. That's my GoT story!!!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Waltzing Along posted:

The big bad is HBO who dragged this poo poo out for 2 years when it easily could have ended with a slightly longer S7.

Seriously. There's no shame in ending the show right where the books left off, with no closure, and saying so. Leave open the promise that the other books can be adapted if they come out in the future by HBO, by someone else, who cares. Leave open the possibility of a second better series one day. But nooooooo, they had to squeeze out every last drop of blood from every potential storyline beat they could "finish" themselves running on speculation and very little talent. Because they were so high on their own farts that they thought the show's success so far meant they could do no wrong, and that taking on the whole series rather than what's finished so far would mean anything more than disrespecting the entire franchise

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"what if we did the battle of helms deep, but made it suck?"

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

oh dope posted:

Just gonna tuck my turgid boner into my leather pants

Bronn fucks with a soft dick

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Everyone pondering how dumbass Cersei managed to pull off the bombing of the sept:

She didn't. Tyrion discovered the wildfire, told Cersei about it, Cersei told Qyburn, Qyburn put his little birds to work, then told Cersei when everything was in order.

Qyburn is, by a huge margin, the smartest and most capable person in this story. Cersei is dumb as gently caress but when she manages a success you could literally say a wizard did it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

As Nero Danced posted:

It is kind of funny that every conversation Dany has is her reminding people that anyone who questions or does not immediately submit to her rule will be roasted alive and eaten by her dragons.

But she's totally different from her father.

don't worry she's totally going to break the wheel

PostNouveau posted:

Theon saving Yara was, like, the culmination of a long arc for him?

lol that they hosed up his arc last season so this could be the result

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 15, 2019

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Everyone pondering how dumbass Cersei managed to pull off the bombing of the sept:

She didn't. Tyrion discovered the wildfire, told Cersei about it, Cersei told Qyburn, Qyburn put his little birds to work, then told Cersei when everything was in order.

Qyburn is, by a huge margin, the smartest and most capable person in this story. Cersei is dumb as gently caress but when she manages a success you could literally say a wizard did it.

I don't think anyone is wondering how she pulled it off. People have issue with how it seemed to have zero consequences to blow up the holiest building in the city during a huge resurgence in religious zealotry

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Away all Goats posted:

I don't think anyone is wondering how she pulled it off. People have issue with how it seemed to have zero consequences to blow up the holiest building in the city during a huge resurgence in religious zealotry

What are they gonna do about it?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Seriously. There's no shame in ending the show right where the books left off, with no closure, and saying so. Leave open the promise that the other books can be adapted if they come out in the future by HBO, by someone else, who cares. Leave open the possibility of a second better series one day. But nooooooo, they had to squeeze out every last drop of blood from every potential storyline beat they could "finish" themselves running on speculation and very little talent. Because they were so high on their own farts that they thought the show's success so far meant they could do no wrong, and that taking on the whole series rather than what's finished so far would mean anything more than disrespecting the entire franchise

do you really think this would have been a good idea?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What are they gonna do about it?

Start a riot? Mass exodus of the city? Conspire with Daenerys that they want Cersei overthrown? idk

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
This show ruined my girlfriend's night. She isn't even a big fan and we are just watching this tire fire's last embers, but she's straight pissed she wasted an hour on this.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
and 4 of those 6 titties sucked rear end.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I would have expected the inner royal security force to not just stand aside and let the murderer through to the Throne room to have the most sullen crowning ceremony ever in all black

facebook jihad posted:

do you really think this would have been a good idea?

For maximizing profits maybe not, but gently caress that. Culturally there should be no problem with adapting an unfinished work and stating it as such instead of loving around like this

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sansas the smartest girl I know.

Show, don't tell. She's been shown to be a brick w/ red hair.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DoctorGonzo posted:

DANI DIES IN EP 2 AND GETS COVERED IN poo poo.

the big bad of the season is orine grayjoy

Finally, after all these years of waiting, this scene is put to the screen!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

Waltzing Along posted:

No wonder they picked her for the Dark Phoenix movie.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

This makes sense when you realize the only other girls Arya's known over over the last six seasons are the Waif and that actress who got murdered by the Waif five minutes later.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Arya is smarter than Sansa and has always been. Theon is smarter, too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Theon has no dick. So he's a woman. Get it?

Also...this show really does need a laugh track. This ep would be so much better with hahahahaha after every line.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Someone in the TVIV thread said this was a good episode. :laffo:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i liked how everything even mildly important that happened, happened in the first 5 minutes of the episode, that was great (:

other than the jon snow finding out who his real pa pa is and bein a big ol bitch about it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't know how to ride a dragon.

Nobody does until they ride a dragon.

----

That's some good writing there.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

gently caress this series.

:wow:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That Arya and Gendry scene was baffling bad. Like terrible. Like there is no chemistry between those two characters/actors. Those were the best takes they had and it was like watching paint dry.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

That Arya and Gendry scene was baffling bad. Like terrible. Like there is no chemistry between those two characters/actors. Those were the best takes they had and it was like watching paint dry.

Well, they met when he was 20 and she was 12.

And now he's 25 and she's still 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

what the heck was that