Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Wiltsghost posted:

I wonder what weapon Arya is having made.

A dragonglass staff/spear from what it looked like in the previews, and the drawing. Would make sense since that's what she also trained with in Braavos.

Guess I should spoiler that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
kings landing is def getting sacked by the night king and the last stand of humanity is gonna be on pike as the ocean freezes around it

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Wiltsghost posted:

I wonder what weapon Arya is having made.

It looked like a spear but it had a springy thing (maybe projectile?), I think she's dragon-prepping honestly

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

kings landing is def getting sacked by the night king and the last stand of humanity is gonna be on pike as the ocean freezes around it

That's a pretty interesting take and I think it would be fun to see all the familiar settings get wrecked.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
It’s funny to see half the people here say nothing happened, and half saying they blazed through plot at light speed.

This episode felt a lot more like an old-school game of thrones at 3x speed, with the exception of the how to train your dragon sequence. That was really odd, didn’t look great CGI-wise, and seemed to waste time when time is at a premium. If this were a 10 episode season with another season to come, sure - take the 3 minutes to indulge in something like that, but it was a huge waste of precious time.

As for Bronn, I don’t think he will go through with killing one of the brothers. He will be about to kill one, realize that in whatever world he kills a Lannister brother, is also a world where he won’t live to spend the money.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Does Arya know that her dagger can kill White Walkers? That's something I thought Jon would tell her when they were reunited, unless she already knows.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm loving the stink eye fights between Sansa and Dany

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

The Walrus posted:

That would be interesting, if anything so it doesn't feel like the iron islands are out of the show altogether. I got the sense that Yara was basically done in the show now and we won't see her again. They wrapped up that plotline so quick I thought it was a dream sequence and it would cut to her waking up still on Euron's ship.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Supreme Allah posted:

It looked like a spear but it had a springy thing (maybe projectile?), I think she's dragon-prepping honestly

That’s exactly what I thought. It looked like something in two pieces, I thought maybe some kind of dart gun.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope we get like 25 minutes in dorne next week.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Good episode. People get so angry over TV shows

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice

Push El Burrito posted:

Choked on the goldfish.

I appreciated this

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did Jamie defect last season? I’m in the middle of the episode and I think I forgot what happened with him last season and why Cersei wants him killed.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

It's interesting, I had always expected in the final season that the Lannister/Stark conflict would be settled before the Night King conflict, just by the higher-stakes nature of the latter. But now that we're here it seems like the zombie war will be coming to a head in the next episode or two, leaving the final episodes to focus on the political situation. I suppose that makes sense considering the audience is way more invested in the fate of Cersei and her crew than any of the CGI zombies, but it's definitely not what I would have predicted.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ShakeZula posted:

It's interesting, I had always expected in the final season that the Lannister/Stark conflict would be settled before the Night King conflict, just by the higher-stakes nature of the latter. But now that we're here it seems like the zombie war will be coming to a head in the next episode or two, leaving the final episodes to focus on the political situation. I suppose that makes sense considering the audience is way more invested in the fate of Cersei and her crew than any of the CGI zombies, but it's definitely not what I would have predicted.

Literally the whole point of this season is Cersei is going to be too vain and back-stabby to fight the white walkers, I assume.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Sad there wasn't a reunion scene between Varys and Littlefinger's corpse.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Did Jamie defect last season? I’m in the middle of the episode and I think I forgot what happened with him last season and why Cersei wants him killed.

Yea, he told Cersei to gently caress off and headed north in the last episode of season 7

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, last we saw him in Season 7 he was headed north by himself to honor the false oath that Cersei committed to — she promised to send Lannister forces to help defend the north against the dead, but she lied. When Jaimie learned that, he told her that he was going north anyways and Cersei said that's treason, and he just left.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Supreme Allah posted:

Looks like AC:Odyssey:Winterfell

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

teagone posted:

Does Arya know that her dagger can kill White Walkers? That's something I thought Jon would tell her when they were reunited, unless she already knows.
Presumably the fact that White Walkers are only vulnerable to Dragonglass and Valyrian Steel is just common knowledge to the leaders of the North by now

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My housemate who hasn’t seen an episode before was really confused by me being like “lmao he’s about to find out he’s loving his aunt”

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

My housemate who hasn’t seen an episode before was really confused by me being like “lmao he’s about to find out he’s loving his aunt”

I had to explain to my girlfriend that there are three individual named characters who all have had their dicks cut off, and just how much incest is going on.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Episode was acceptable.

The post-teaser segment remains the most obnoxious thing ever. They play a scene from the episode you just watched, which is entirely unambiguous on its own, and proceed to narrate it in a way a slow 5 year old could understand.

"Dany just told Sam she killed his father and brother. This makes Sam sad, because she killed his father and brother."

Would be kind of neat if they were "how we shot the episode" things, but they're all "John is surprised when Sam tells him that he's a Targaryen, because John thought he was a bastard, not a Targaryen."

I can only assume they have an incredibly low opinion of the average watcher's ability to understand what they just watched.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

teagone posted:

Yeah, last we saw him in Season 7 he was headed north by himself to honor the false oath that Cersei committed to — she promised to send Lannister forces to help defend the north against the dead, but she lied. When Jaimie learned that, he told her that he was going north anyways and Cersei said that's treason, and he just left.

I'm glad Sansa just straight up called Tyrion an idiot for trusting her promise.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

If this season ends before Euron gets a pipe thrown through his chest, I’m gonna be really disappointed.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

fishing with the fam posted:

Sad there wasn't a reunion scene between Varys and Littlefinger's corpse.

I wish Littlefinger was still around to try to manipulate stuff with all the crazy magic crap going on around him.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TheRat posted:

Yea, he told Cersei to gently caress off and headed north in the last episode of season 7

teagone posted:

Ah I remember now. Thanks y’all.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The most hosed up thing is now the white walkers have the Umber wagons and they're unstoppable

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

teagone posted:

A dragonglass staff/spear from what it looked like in the previews, and the drawing. Would make sense since that's what she also trained with in Braavos.

Guess I should spoiler that?

It should be a dragonglass washcloth, since she spent all her time in Braavos cleaning dead people :v:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Winterfell should put up signs that say "Winterfell - This way" that actually lead to Kings Landing instead, making the WW army go past them.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I did not like the way those dragons were leering at Jon and Daenerys while they were kissing. Those dragons are filthy voyeurs.

So sick of having pervert dragons on my television.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

teagone posted:

Sansa was complaining about food stores, but wouldn't the Unsullied and Dothraki have brought their own rations with them?

It will never come up again. The entire point of Sansa mentioning the food shortage was to set up Dany for her "what does a 500lbs gorilla sit?" joke.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/Buchanan_615/status/1117609830494158848

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Tormund and Beric are going to low key save the whole world and it's going to be loving badass.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
They really didn't need to give Ygritte and Jon's hot spring cave dialogue to him and danaerys right before a "make out while the cgi animals watch with approval" scene, but I guess they did

It was cool seeing characters meet each other again and I'm pleasantly surprised at Jon being king for a day and Danaerys roasting the tarlys having actual plot consequences

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like the scenes between Jon and Sansa because Jon's line of sight runs all the way up the camera frame since Sansa's a giantess.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Tormund and Beric are going to low key save the whole world and it's going to be loving badass.

There should be a scene where it looks like Brienne is running towards Jaime to kiss him, only for the camera to pan to reveal she's running towards Tormund instead.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sydin posted:

"Is there anything I can do for you?"
"Well now that you mention-"
"Oh by the way I killed your family, sorry lol."

Thanks, this was the only TVIV live post that got an actual lol out of me

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Bran's wheelchair shenanigans reminds me of Resident Evil 7 where this old lady in a wheelchair keeps showing up in a bunch of different places even though we never see anyone move

Personally I think this can't be a coincidence and they're setting up the reveal that Bran is also a big pile of villainous mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

bobjr posted:

Winterfell should put up signs that say "Winterfell - This way" that actually lead to Kings Landing instead, making the WW army go past them.

They should put up a toll stop.