Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

And since Servants are essentially frozen in emotional stasis upon entering the Throne, he's doomed to continue making this terrible choice for eternity! [Extremely Emiya voice] being a servant is cool, and good

Kind of sort of depends on the writer, really.

Liz is an awful sadist in CCC who refuses to acknowledge that she has any responsibility for her own fate. On the other hand, in FGO, she's still not a great person, but she at least tries to move past that and not be an actively terrible person.

"Moon Cell stuff, though!"

Well, Angra Mainyu is at least a little better off for his experiences in hollow ataraxia, evidently.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cuntellectual posted:

There's points where the game has nothing going on for 2+ weeks that could at least fit in SOME reruns.

Besides, it's not like the game is exactly generous with materials outside of events.

When is the last time this game was dead for more than 2 weeks in JP? We just had almost three months of nonstop events and only recently got a two week break and this week looked to be another week break until this gudaguda 3 rerun popped up out of nowhere so they can eat more time for either a GudaGuda 4 immediately after this is done or LB4. We haven't had dead time since the start of 2018 and even then you can argue it wasn't that dead we just had a week here and there of breathing. There is a compromise for new players missing out on stuff that isn't "Just cram it with more crap to do," it's just waiting to see if DW/Aniplex allows that compromise.

Also, idk about you but when we have active weeks of mats from events and we just got missions added to the game that dropped 300+ mats onto you for crap you already did, I am not crying about mats rn. I have more problems with QP right now than I do mats and it's because we don't get a lot of qp and the recent 10mil we got from logins ain't poo poo for either gold rarities, it's barely poo poo for silver.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo Tristan has sure hit on his NP, this character is busted.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

This stupid dead game only has 49 weeks of content per year I NEED MORE :shepspends:

Rare Prisms for old events that are gone forever is a really good idea though. They could even become plotline fights only with no grinding, like people who do Solomon late and can’t grind the pillars.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Dude's kind of an rear end in a top hat yeah.

I'll call that third image a wash; I like Tamamo a lot but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who's cautious about getting close to her.:shepface:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Dude's kind of an rear end in a top hat yeah.

All three of these are pretty justified imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, Emiya doesn't do poo poo to anyone except himself give that guy a break.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Shinjobi posted:

I'll call that third image a wash; I like Tamamo a lot but I wouldn't begrudge anyone who's cautious about getting close to her.:shepface:

Bakanogami posted:

All three of these are pretty justified imo

I never claimed he was wrong (especially about Tamamo), just that he was an rear end in a top hat :v:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I could use more two week breaks in both versions of FGO, to be honest.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I really wish they wouldn't have so many trash fights with HP sponge mobs. I'm okay with the genuinely challenging fights, but I want to read the story and most of these fights are foregone conclusions where there's no risk of losing, but I still have to grind through the enemy mobs. I like the ones where the enemies are Riders, because I just pair up my Jack with a friend Jack and chainsaw through them with nonstop crits.

Captain Baal posted:

If anything Gawain's at his most assholish in OG Extra. He is a gag character for a good portion of CCC, a pretty nice dude in FGO CCC and a gentleman and proclaims his love of big titties, and I wanna say he at least has some pathos in Camelot.

He's kind of barely anything more than a noble knight in the Extella games, but he's not really there to do anything of significance so that's partially why.

Okay, I'm probably mostly remembering CCC Gawain. I actually remember very little of original Extra.

Speaking of Gawain, an Archer Arturia from my friend list was definitely the MVP of that fight. I managed to win while only using one command seal to fully heal her, and I could have gotten away without that if I had chosen my servants better for the fight (I also brought along Euryale, but she was only able to get off one NP before getting killed). If she's the last servant she can fire off her NP every other turn.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

And since Servants are essentially frozen in emotional stasis upon entering the Throne, he's doomed to continue making this terrible choice for eternity! [Extremely Emiya voice] being a servant is cool, and good

In the Grand Order setting they seem to have memories from previous summonings. Servants that show up multiple times, like Nero/Elizabeth, remember past singularities.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 15, 2019

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Babylon feels a lot better to grind through than Camelot imo so at least there's that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

You got nothing on my dual Nero Bride + Mordred 10-roll.
Do not challenge me to an FGO gacha luck-off. You cannot escape this.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kild posted:

Babylon feels a lot better to grind through than Camelot imo so at least there's that.

The rear end in a top hat fights in Babylon made me madder than the ones in Camelot, but that might be because I did them back to back

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Babylon is a lot more enjoyable if you have a strong saber. For me, I was lucky to have NP2 Rama

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

This stupid dead game only has 49 weeks of content per year I NEED MORE :shepspends:

Rare Prisms for old events that are gone forever is a really good idea though. They could even become plotline fights only with no grinding, like people who do Solomon late and can’t grind the pillars.

Going by the Rare Prism prices in the store right now - 5 for a mystic code, say - If you started FGO now, do you think you'd have enough rare prisms to actually get the welfares you missed?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The solution is just to charge $10 for events to be unlocked on your account permanently like Guild Wars 2 does for its seasonal storylines. Just give people the NP5/FA during the storyline.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the easiest implementation is probably unlock all the reputed events in materials for everyone and put the welfares and ascension mats in the mp shop. lock those mp shop entries behind one rp if you absolutely must. the only question is how that would interact with whatever they have in place that gives rp for dupe welfares, in terms of players using it as a loophole to get 4rp.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Just rerun stuff all the time, like Dokkan Battle does, but with substantially reduced event shops and material drops to keep the older players and farming addicts from flipping out about a new event and old event running at the same time.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Cuntellectual posted:

Going by the Rare Prism prices in the store right now - 5 for a mystic code, say - If you started FGO now, do you think you'd have enough rare prisms to actually get the welfares you missed?

Sounds like this problem only exists if you assume the price is 5 RP instead of 1 RP.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

According to my profile I have played FGO for 600+ days and I have never had a single rare prism.

I actually played Extra and Gawain was hostile but no more so than someone in a deathmatch should be.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 15, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have burned rare prisms within a year but that's usually the 2nd copy of a servant I'll literally never use like a Rama over my billion other sabers.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I didn't get more Izous but I did get Angry Shinsegumi man.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Rama is an extremely cool and sexy servant, everyone should use him. That said, I’m severely tempted to burn my stupid Gawain.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Hypocrisy posted:

According to my profile I have played FGO for 600+ days and I have never had a single rare prism.

I actually played Extra and Gawain was hostile but no more so than someone in a deathmatch should be.

I've been playing since day 1, and I still don't have any rare prisms.

Have a spook Vlad I'm tempted to burn, but I'm waiting to see if I get any dupe 4* during CCC since I'm planning on going all in on that.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

Sounds like this problem only exists if you assume the price is 5 RP instead of 1 RP.

I really, really doubt they'd charge 1 RP.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
I too have been playing this’ll game for 650 days and have never had a rare prism. Also this hypothetical system is supposed to be for newer players who have missed two years worth of events right? So the odds of them having a rare prism is nearly zero unless they’re whales.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

JP's had a system since the last Christmas rerun where welfare servants give you 5 rare prisms on a rerun if you already got them the first time.

It'll take at least a year of playing for new players to reach that point, but rare prisms are a resource F2P players can reasonably be expected to have now.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Little Abigail posted:

I too have been playing this’ll game for 650 days and have never had a rare prism. Also this hypothetical system is supposed to be for newer players who have missed two years worth of events right? So the odds of them having a rare prism is nearly zero unless they’re whales.

Yes; rare prisms, like USOs, are primarily a system aimed at whales. They might look at a glance like pity systems for F2P players but they're really not.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Billzasilver posted:

My man they charge 10000 prisms so you can help others get 15% more bond and qp, what makes you think they're gonna be nice about entire characters?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Put Rider Davinci in the game already

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol, this Assassin in Camelot, to Bedivere: "Really? ....That's quite a sad tale. Live strong, sad knight."

IIRC this segment leads up to fighting King Hassan or something

NRVNQSR posted:

Yes; rare prisms, like USOs, are primarily a system aimed at whales. They might look at a glance like pity systems for F2P players but they're really not.

Rare prisms aren't quite as much of a whale thing as the ones that require you have over 5 copies of a 5* servant. It's not that strange for someone to get duplicates of a 4* servant they don't want to use.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Maybe instead of squeezing in more reruns or putting them in the RP shop, they could stick them in new event shops. Have every new event carry a couple discontinued welfares and their mats in the shop, price them so that while newer players can afford them, they've got even more incentive to spend $$$ on getting event Servants/CEs if they don't want to burn almost all their currency catching up on old welfares and miss out on generic mats. Maybe have whatever "did this player already get 5 of this Servant?" code they use for handing out the RPs disallow old players from buying ones they've NP5'd already if they don't want the people who didn't miss anyone to walk out of Halloween 5 with 20 easy gold cubes from buying up all the old variants of Liz.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
gawain and his boyfriends, merlin and merlin are stupidly strong.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Let’s see its $24 for 41 Saint Quartz (25+16Bonus).

Would you pay about $24 for an old, missed Welfare at NP5 (and ascension marts ofc) plus a “free” ten roll? Call it a Prismatic Summoning Ticket it something, can be used on any banner.

Half got the idea from Granblue which sells Skins for $30 that come with a free ten roll.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

just put old events you dont plan to rerun into a tab thats accessible at any time

idk why people need to pay for the privilege of using freakin brave liz

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hey, someone's gotta play devil's advocate!

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Stealing. Thanks.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

Captain Baal posted:

If anything Gawain's at his most assholish in OG Extra. He is a gag character for a good portion of CCC, a pretty nice dude in FGO CCC and a gentleman and proclaims his love of big titties, and I wanna say he at least has some pathos in Camelot.

He's kind of barely anything more than a noble knight in the Extella games, but he's not really there to do anything of significance so that's partially why.

I'd say that slaughtering children in front of their screaming, begging mothers goes way beyond anything Extra Gawain did on the rear end in a top hat scale.

Plus, Nasu's Camelot notes made it clear that Gawain knew from the start that Rhongomyniad wasn't "his" King Arthur (or King Arthur anymore, period), but he still chose to join in her warped plans anyway. Tristan at least had the fig-leaf of being brainwashed into a complete 180 of his usual personality.

Dude is super hosed up and not nearly called out enough for it, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Liffrea posted:

Tristan at least had the fig-leaf of being brainwashed into a complete 180 of his usual personality.

Tristan wasn't brainwashed into having his personality reversed until after he'd already agreed to aid the Lion King and done horrible things at her behest. Hell, doing that was what left him so traumatized that she was basically forced to reverse his personality to get him to be able to even function anymore. But it doesn't change the fact that he knowingly and willingly went along with those orders.