Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Daddy Thanos posted:

Based on that trailer the Mandalorian seems to be some fat old guy with curly hair

You seem very confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
drat, no IG-88 anywhere in that video. I’m very excited for this though, can’t wait.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shampy posted:

drat, no IG-88 anywhere in that video. I’m very excited for this though, can’t wait.

There's another one with an IG going full murder mode. Check the Star Wars TV thread in TVIV for the video before Disney pulls it.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

AndyElusive posted:

There's another one with an IG going full murder mode. Check the Star Wars TV thread in TVIV for the video before Disney pulls it.

Holy gently caress

Crosspostin: https://youtu.be/l0dhPm3vbyE

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Can’t believe it’s taken this long to get a live action Tales of the Bounty Hunters. At the very least it will make my 12 year old self very happy.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MeinPanzer posted:

Can’t believe it’s taken this long to get a live action Tales of the Bounty Hunters. At the very least it will make my 12 year old self very happy.

Literally the best EU book.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

MeinPanzer posted:

Seriously, god that IG-88 chapter was so drat good and got me to love him, all of it was great actually

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

CelticPredator posted:

Looks pretty dope actually. I kinda want to see it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0IIOMrLe0M

I like when he said "we can show new species' and we cut to.. A picture of one of the creatures from Battle for Endor.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Looks pretty dope actually. I kinda want to see it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0IIOMrLe0M

Nothing about this looks good, it looks fan made and I can understand now why Lucas Films decided to make it exclusive to attendees at Celebration.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0dhPm3vbyE

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

Nothing about this looks good, it looks fan made and I can understand now why Lucas Films decided to make it exclusive to attendees at Celebration.

Nah

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

SolarFire2 posted:

I like when he said "we can show new species' and we cut to.. A picture of one of the creatures from Battle for Endor.

And about drat time too.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Shampy posted:

RLM is reserved for lovely nerds with an awful sense of humor and taste in movies who need a duo of similarly awful people telling them how to think and feel. They sucked back with the prequel reviews and they suck now. RLM and Mega64, both unfunny trash for people that collect Funko pops.

god damnit don't y'all just love when big news brings in all the pseudo-pretentious trash from all the other subforums?

Shaocaholica posted:

Not liking TLJ def made me alt right.

horseshoe theory is more than just a theory

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Daddy Thanos posted:

Remember when RLM's biggest criticism of Attack of the Clones was that the film was a poor guide for how to pick up women

That's what you got from it? I remember it being more about how terrible the writing and direction was.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Preston Waters posted:

god damnit don't y'all just love when big news brings in all the pseudo-pretentious trash from all the other subforums?

horseshoe theory is more than just a theory

So what’s your favorite RLM review?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

you understand that this is offscreen footage right

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

romanowski posted:

you understand that this is offscreen footage right

Doesn't matter.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Doesn't matter.

what about it looks "fan made"?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
All Star Wars from the last decade has been fan made.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daddy Thanos posted:

Remember when RLM's biggest criticism of Attack of the Clones was that the film was a poor guide for how to pick up women

hmmm yes because Anakin in AotC is such a good case study in how to talk to girls

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Eh, AOTC does come off as someone who has never "picked up" a woman trying to write a relationship. Its kind of incel thought where it works backwards from Anakin being a "chosen one" that deserves a hot older famous politician woman who has dated other people before even though hes a creepy, younger obsessed dude that she met when he was a tiny kid (although to be fair, hes at least attractive).

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Never thought I'd see Werner Herzog and Bill Burr in Star Wars.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
So they're taking inspiration from the Holiday Special

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

am0kgonzo posted:

Never thought I'd see Werner Herzog and Bill Burr in Star Wars.

I remember Burr going on random Star Wars rants back in the day when he was a regular guest on the Opie & Anthony Show. Crazy how he’s now part of Star Wars.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

RLMs bitching about Clones was that the romance didn't make sense, as in why is amidala being a senator a hindrance to her loving anakin, and also why is she wearing a bdsm leather outfit while saying it, and inferred that this was because george lucas hated women and romances because of his own failures in his love life, which is a totally sane thing to imply.

They also claimed that the only reason GL cast SLJ as Windu was to get more black people to watch the movie (and then made a crack about black people stealing their tv.

Also they totally miss any part that deals with the jedi being myopic dummies. They juxtapose Obi-wan bitching out Anakin for losing his saber with Yoda in empire saying a lightsaber is not that important, claiming that GL missed the point of his own movies.

RLM is trash, is what I'm saying

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

Darko posted:

Eh, AOTC does come off as someone who has never "picked up" a woman trying to write a relationship. Its kind of incel thought where it works backwards from Anakin being a "chosen one" that deserves a hot older famous politician woman who has dated other people before even though hes a creepy, younger obsessed dude that she met when he was a tiny kid (although to be fair, hes at least attractive).

Where in the text of the film is it implied that Anakin "deserves" Padme?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Shampy posted:

Literally the best EU book.

High praise indeed.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Shampy posted:

Holy gently caress

Crosspostin: https://youtu.be/l0dhPm3vbyE

I'm the best in the parsec.

It's pretty boring they always feel the need to add these empty callbacks, and everything has to look exactly like in the OT. Remember that thing that stuck out of Jabba's door that freaked 3PO out? Why that's a standard YT-QP360 doorbell droid! It only costs 10 parsecs so everyone has one now.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
RLM is good. I usually don't agree with their opinions on movies but they often have interesting observations about technical aspects of the movies they discuss which I would completely miss otherwise. Lately I mostly appreciate their re:view series where they talk about notable older films. They are also funny people.

Unlike us shitposters they managed to make profit on their terrible movie opinions. They also managed to successfully leave the plinkett gimmick behind and expand to different formats than they started with. I respect that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mooey Cow posted:

I'm the best in the parsec.

It's pretty boring they always feel the need to add these empty callbacks, and everything has to look exactly like in the OT. Remember that thing that stuck out of Jabba's door that freaked 3PO out? Why that's a standard YT-QP360 doorbell droid! It only costs 10 parsecs so everyone has one now.

Did you hear the audience in that video though? The fans eat that poo poo up and love it. I thought he was gonna orgasm at the end with all his ooh aahh mmm.

Despite that cringey poo poo I thought it looked pretty decent and if they can pull a good story out of this then great!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Pops Mgee posted:

It's new Simpsons all over again

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

McCloud posted:

RLMs bitching about Clones was that the romance didn't make sense, as in why is amidala being a senator a hindrance to her loving anakin, and also why is she wearing a bdsm leather outfit while saying it, and inferred that this was because george lucas hated women and romances because of his own failures in his love life, which is a totally sane thing to imply.

They also claimed that the only reason GL cast SLJ as Windu was to get more black people to watch the movie (and then made a crack about black people stealing their tv.

Also they totally miss any part that deals with the jedi being myopic dummies. They juxtapose Obi-wan bitching out Anakin for losing his saber with Yoda in empire saying a lightsaber is not that important, claiming that GL missed the point of his own movies.

RLM is trash, is what I'm saying

Uh Oh someone said something bad about the prequels.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Slutitution posted:

Uh Oh someone said something bad about the prequels.

Pointing out the poo poo humor of some garbage podcaster should be commended tho

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
So the deathstar ruins are now underwater? Well you know who else would be able to thrive in such an environment...

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

So the deathstar ruins are now underwater? Well you know who else would be able to thrive in such an environment...

Kit Fisto!

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Darth Binks, the circle is complete!

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

ruddiger posted:

Pointing out the poo poo humor of some garbage podcaster should be commended tho

True, it should be commented that it's in fact good.

Edit: But I misread your garbage post and have nothing good to replace it with. Garbage to garbage.

Captain Jesus fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Apr 16, 2019

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The force-sensitive trash compactor monster?

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Pops Mgee posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Slutitution posted:

hmmm yes because Anakin in AotC is such a good case study in how to talk to girls

My point in that post is not that AotC is a good guide for how to pick up women