Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

twoday posted:

They went from having 2 seats to being the biggest party in the upper house in 2 years

They will probably collapse and splinter. It's tradition by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

twoday posted:

They went from having 2 seats to being the biggest party in the upper house in 2 years

i know that, but hes still a goofy motherfucker

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I guess i just dont see the appeal of snobby fash

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Kurtofan posted:

I guess i just dont see the appeal of snobby fash

pseudo intellectual drivel seems to work wonders for the Dutch fascist adjacent

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

The Puppet Master posted:

pseudo intellectual drivel seems to work wonders for the Dutch fascist adjacent

I mean, Jordan Peterson and that.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

The dude is the dumb man's intellectual.

Because he phrases it smartly people are less afraid to vote for it

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
When right wing politicians start talking about aesthetics it conjures up before me immediately the image of the endless smokestacks in Auschwitz.

Liberal family of mine also make a point of "haha I don't call him Baudet I call him bidet". Very funny. Let's not take this fascist who just became a major player in our politics and the threat he represents seriously. I'm sure this will work out well.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I don't really see how any of the other parties are going to do anything to address the concerns of these people, or really do anything to change the status quo in the next two years. And if this trend continues until the next election, Baudet will have the first crack at forming a coalition, and it seems that other parties are more willing to work with him than with Wilders so far

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

You can tell someone is sincerely interested in classical music because they answer the question "what era do you like the most?" with "all of it." A very refined musical pallet.

I dunno, from the little I've seen you've got yourself a bootleg Jacob Rees-Mogg so congrats.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

twoday posted:

I don't really see how any of the other parties are going to do anything to address the concerns of these people, or really do anything to change the status quo in the next two years. And if this trend continues until the next election, Baudet will have the first crack at forming a coalition, and it seems that other parties are more willing to work with him than with Wilders so far

Looking at the negotiations for new provincial governments, FvD seems to be excluded everywhere due to having such retarded opinions regarding climate change that even the conservatives cant work with them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lol that the dutch voted to go underwater

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Orange Devil posted:

When right wing politicians start talking about aesthetics it conjures up before me immediately the image of the endless smokestacks in Auschwitz.

Liberal family of mine also make a point of "haha I don't call him Baudet I call him bidet". Very funny. Let's not take this fascist who just became a major player in our politics and the threat he represents seriously. I'm sure this will work out well.

Oh no people are laughing about things

Maybe if I frown more he will go away.

No but really, unless your liberal family are all politicians there isn't much that they can do. I mean, they can vote for something that resembles a left party that won't govern with him, but what else can they do?

Dude is a loving idiot, better get some lmaos from it before he locks us up in camps

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Kurtofan posted:

Our dykes own and the rising sealevel by itself will something we can deal with

Fighting the sea is a good tradition. Every year I take time to visit the beach and punch some sea.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Some relevant artwork from Amsterdam's resident graffiti poet, who is always painting his social commentary on the city's construction walls:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

that aenima tool song, but in dutch

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Martin BadClixx posted:

The father of your best friend is a nazi op

Yeah p much at this point. Least he is drinking himself to death early.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Zedd posted:

Yeah p much at this point. Least he is drinking himself to death early.

:unsmith:

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Kurtofan posted:

Fun fact: his party is also the only one who was in favour of more natural gas extraction in the north, where they've been having huge problems with earthquakes and sinking land and houses falling apart due to the gas mining. Despite this, they got quite a large share of the vote in this region - apparently with the voters not knowing their position on this issue. I also didn't know until it was in the newspapers after the election.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Entropist posted:

Fun fact: his party is also the only one who was in favour of more natural gas extraction in the north, where they've been having huge problems with earthquakes and sinking land and houses falling apart due to the gas mining. Despite this, they got quite a large share of the vote in this region - apparently with the voters not knowing their position on this issue. I also didn't know until it was in the newspapers after the election.

Well when you ask fascists about their taste in classical music instead this is bound to happen

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Entropist posted:

Destroying your own home to own the leftists. :geert:

twoday
May 4, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Well when you ask fascists about their taste in classical music instead this is bound to happen

He wrote a book criticizing modern music and architecture as degenerate and I assume ended up on tv talking about it, so now he's famous for that issue

quote:

Baudet has a strong opinion on arts, the topic of his book Oikofobie, and considers non-Western art and Western post-1900 modernism in visual arts inferior to Western Realism, encourages education and programmation of tonal music opposed to atonal music and dislikes modern post-1950 architecture. In reaction to this, Musicologist Yuri Landman warned Baudet for approaching the concept of degenerate art with his conservative criticism.

One could say it's a book about his struggle (to understand modernism)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

e:mistake

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

twoday posted:

He wrote a book criticizing modern music and architecture as degenerate and I assume ended up on tv talking about it, so now he's famous for that issue

One could say it's a book about his struggle (to understand modernism)

it is super cool that the same type of guy who jerks off to Greek columns on Twitter is gonna be in Dutch politics for the next 40 years (and de fund any arts funding that isnt pre Wagner or isn't Dutch blood and soil drama)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Lol that the fascists are a child's cartoon idea of a person with fancy tastes

They can't actually judge things on their own merits or don't care to be seen as doing so, they just want the illusion of a glorious past to cling to, hollow and shallow as an amusement park facade

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Lol that the fascists are a child's cartoon idea of a person with fancy tastes

They can't actually judge things on their own merits or don't care to be seen as doing so, they just want the illusion of a glorious past to cling to, hollow and shallow as an amusement park facade

I mean, this isn't new. Entartete Kunst was a big thing. Realismus ueber alles, mein Freund.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

amazing, one of those French billionaires that promised to donate hundreds of millions to rebuild the Notre Dame is already asking for a 90% tax rebate on it. The public foots the bill and they get the credit.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1118273354551549952

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/PodemosCanabico/status/1098883081505771520?s=19

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

podemos sounds cool but it looks like the right is gonna be in charge of Spain soon. soon everywhere will be fascist

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

podemos sounds cool but it looks like the right is gonna be in charge of Spain soon. soon everywhere will be fascist

polls have the PSOE sweeping though

unfortunately mostly at Podemos' loss

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
which color is vox in that graph?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1103090334953697285

Lusitania soldiers on

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ekuNNN posted:

which color is vox in that graph?

lime green with a hint of vomit

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

polls have the PSOE sweeping though

unfortunately mostly at Podemos' loss
they'll probably have a hard time cobbling together a coalition, and the right wing parties have openly stated they want a coalition like they have in Andalusia. it'll be interesting to watch who has the seats to govern

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1120042057731649537?s=21

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
If someone made an x-ray of him they'd be shocked to find Kolomoisky's entire arm inside of him, coming up from his rear end and fingers controlling the jaw.

Perfect eastern european fit. Hell perfect western european fit, I bet he joins both sides in friendship.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It's hosed up to see Observador getting the view of "oh, they're just an alternate take on the center, maybe center right, they're just Expresso and such leftovers" when they straight up had a piece complaining about PSD not being like Vox. Still, doesn't stop subscriptions to their premium service being one of the things offered on a somewhat notable contest where a considerable part of the portuguese private market on everything is on.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TerTerEtLiberte/status/1120259860946391042?s=19

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1120734836065435648

collect 'em all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007