Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
loving Bam just no-selling all the ULTIMATE RANKERS OF THE TOWER will never get old :allears:

oh you have a secret skill that kills me if it touches me? gently caress off, i'm busy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Gologle posted:

Also Ehwa potentially not being dead makes me happy, but it also feels like a trap considering what we saw two chapters ago where she and sword dude looked preeeeeetty dead
When cyborg guy (who seemed to be holding his sword in one hand and sheath in the other if you look really closely) swung and there was a "thud" instead of a "slice" so it's entirely possible he just knocked her out.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 8, 2019

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I don't trust him, snake man is a snake in the tall grass and an obvious double agent. If he just wanted to join in on what is essentially a suicide mission you don't need a bargaining chip in the form of a hostage. The only way this makes sense is if he wanted to test Baam and needed a hostage ensure he had the means of stopping the fight if things went south. But he has a number of ways to approach this that don't involve hunting down an associate of Baam and trapping them for 2 years to use as leverage. He could have used his ship to help Baam escape then introduced himself afterwards like a normal person. Or just contacted the kid and asked if he could join in on the revenge trip.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Well keep in mind that to the vast majority of the outside world, Bam is a terrorist part of a terrorist organization who wants to destroy the order and stability of the Tower, instead of our sweet Gud Boi whom life only grants pain unto. They're expecting a monster, not just a normal dude.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Fug doesn't seem very organised considering yama seems pissed off at merely meeting karaka

Edit: kind of tempted to pay for 2 of the next 3 chapters lol

Jose fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Apr 8, 2019

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

FUG seems like a loose coalition of people opposed to the rule of the 10 families and have the ego to believe they could be the one to kill Jahad if only there wasn't that immortality contract with the administrators.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I take it the fast pass is mobile only?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Yeah, though I believe there are apps that simulate mobile compatibility that some use.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I miss Sachi and Boro. Them continuing to stay relevant looooong after the arc where they had any focus was always pretty cool/neat, and it was cool how Sachi would randomly be used to do neat stuff with his vines.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 9, 2019

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm sure we will see them years down the line when we get the inevitable Baam army of all his friends and allies shows up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Gologle posted:

Well keep in mind that to the vast majority of the outside world, Bam is a terrorist part of a terrorist organization who wants to destroy the order and stability of the Tower, instead of our sweet Gud Boi whom life only grants pain unto. They're expecting a monster, not just a normal dude.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody really knows the lengths of what Baam was doing during stuff like the Workshop battles. So if people expect him to be a FUG slayer candidate I don't know why they think a hostage would work. Do you think anyone would be crazy enough to go up to Yama and hold that kid he's looking for hostage and expect to live? I think the guy knows enough to know that Baam really wants to take down Kallavan, and to use his friends as leverage to get close to him. Being a guy who can use a spell doesn't increase my trust in him either since the only person using a spell that wasn't in bed with the 10 families that I can remember is Sachi, everyone else works for the families since that's how they were granted their spell.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Remember that snake thing that was Endorsi's nemesis in the virtual world? Because this snake guy and that snake guy seem to have a lot in common. Or maybe snakes are just grey in the tower.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
It really doesn't help that snake guy literally states he heard about Bam from Levi, the dude who got his spell from Jahad.

He'll probably sell out Bam to Kallavan, setting up the fight with him. Possibly right as Jinsung is freed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-5/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=423

also i was hungover in bed this morning and bought the 3 fast pass chapters and :prepop: this arc is going incredibly fast

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Yeah SIU seems to be at his best when he ups the pacing a bit. Even with the repeated panels it was a pretty dense chapter.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah, it's so dense, every image has so many things going on. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

How dare you George Lucas me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Jaimini's has picked up the series and they translate SIU's afterword for each chapter, if you're curious: https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/series/tower-of-god/

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Didn't they get yelled at last time by their user base for this? Or are they going to preemptively release the fast pass chapters

The author notes are cool though, I haven't read those in years

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the first chapter was released a week late for some reason and they translated that which upset people

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Oh okay

I noticed a few spelling and grammatical errors in recent chapters so I wonder if they don't like the LINE translator

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I don't blame them if they do, the webtoon translations range from "surprisingly good (rare)" to "almost incomprehensible".

Also I love everything about Kaiser now, and somewhere along the line, I don't know how, but Karaka has started to become a lowkey fave. Which is kind of weird, cus just like a year ago he was starting a nuclear holocaust fighting Yuri.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
"sh-shut up! It's not like I like Baam or anything!"

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Gologle posted:

I don't blame them if they do, the webtoon translations range from "surprisingly good (rare)" to "almost incomprehensible".

Also I love everything about Kaiser now, and somewhere along the line, I don't know how, but Karaka has started to become a lowkey fave. Which is kind of weird, cus just like a year ago he was starting a nuclear holocaust fighting Yuri.

Kaiser returning has been my favorite part of the new season so I can't wait to her in action. She was King poo poo of D rank regulars for 1000 years and has a really cool ability which now that I think about it, fits perfectly with the dog theme they're currently wrapped up in.

I started to like Karaka way back on the Floor of Death when he's talking to Hell Joe. HJ is talking about how much he loves media and entertainment from the outside world and Karaka is all, "I only watch the news" :geno:. It was a strange bit of dry humor but it made me start to interpret or at least view his character a little differently because I just straight up hated him before then as nothing more than an rear end in a top hat power-grabbing tool. Once we started learning a little bit more about him along with more direct screen time, he's become a pretty fascinating character who I'm very interested to see how his character development progresses since he's obviously going to continue to be an extremely important person in the Tower.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Gologle posted:

He didn't believe the hype about Baam until just recently so now he's been hit with the Protagnist Friendship Motivation. When you're on the Protag's side you get a lot more of your personality explored. Way back when it made sense for Karaka to see Baam as a shortcut for them to kill Jahad with the melting poo poo but now that he knows they both love Jin Sung and Baam's obviously got literally all the potential possible it makes sense for Karaka to take an interest in him like every other person in the tower.

I, too, can't wait for Yama and his obsession with dogs to see Kaiser whip out her magic dog summoning powers. She's also just like Baam in a lot of ways -- abandoned by her loved ones, forced into FUG under less than ideal circumstances, super loving powerful, a lot older than they look... A lot of common ground to explore.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 15, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I still don't understand karaka's face or whatever that is.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

It's like a lot of strips of metal wrapped around him. It's a container because there's something weird going on with him, just like we saw with his giant phylactery during the last arc. He might not even have a body and that metal casing is what he controls, considering his statements and thoughts before.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Funny thing about that, according to SIU's notes Karaka's helmet was a last-minute idea to make him look cool and mysterious and reduce the number of faces people had to remember since so many new characters were being introduced.

Later he regretted it because it's actually harder to draw correctly than a regular face.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 15, 2019

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Honestly, Karaka being basically a Metal Lich is awesome. And I suppose we can add Kaiser's name to the Baambowl if it hasn't already been done.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Kaiser was in the Baambowl the second she fought him. We were just awaiting them to meet back up. FUG Infighting poo poo is probably the perfect place for her since she's technically a FUG slave right now. Jin Sung's, to be precise, or Baam's if it was a gift or something. Which is a very unusual and worrying situation if Baam wasn't such a good person.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Girls Most Likely To Get Baam: Yuri- Stepped on Him, Also First Girl, Endorsi- Went on Date

Girls With Middling Chances: Kaiser-Fought Him, Yeon- Got a Feeling So Complicated, Hwaryun- Believes in Him, Can See Future, Xia Lulu- New Girl, Intern, Hoaqin's Female Clone- Stabbed Him

Girls With No Chance to Get Baam: Black March-Weapon, Garam- Truthseeker, Hopefully Rachel- Objectively Worst Option

Actual Best Options: Khun- Main Man, Wangnan- Second Main Man

Comedy Alternative: Rak- Being the Best Character in the Series

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

In my headcanon, the only two with a shot are Yuri (she found him first) and Endorsi (Baam kind of showed her how to be human).

Although I would be totally cool with Baam and Rak disappearing off into the aether together, finale of Korra style

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Gologle posted:

Girls Most Likely To Get Baam: Yuri- Stepped on Him, Also First Girl, Endorsi- Went on Date

Girls With Middling Chances: Kaiser-Fought Him, Yeon- Got a Feeling So Complicated, Hwaryun- Believes in Him, Can See Future, Xia Lulu- New Girl, Intern, Hoaqin's Female Clone- Stabbed Him

Girls With No Chance to Get Baam: Black March-Weapon, Garam- Truthseeker, Hopefully Rachel- Objectively Worst Option

Actual Best Options: Khun- Main Man, Wangnan- Second Main Man

Comedy Alternative: Rak- Being the Best Character in the Series

Eh, Black March is in the lead. She's already been inside of him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Reiche posted:

In my headcanon, the only two with a shot are Yuri (she found him first) and Endorsi (Baam kind of showed her how to be human).

Although I would be totally cool with Baam and Rak disappearing off into the aether together, finale of Korra style

Endorsi seems like the obvious Main Love Interest. Yuri just thinks he's hot, and a Yuri/Baam coupling would also be extremely weird because she met him when he was a teenager (from his own experiences anyways, not counting that he was technically born ages ago) and she was like a thousand years old. I can understand age gaps not mattering once both parties are hundreds of years old, but Baam was actually really young even by normal person standards.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
Androsi already had an interesting dilemma set up for her via Garam, re: whether she loves Baam for himself or for what he represents for the Tower.

Gonna break her heart when Baam and Khun confess their love.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Eh. Endorsi liked Baam long before anyone knew he was special or an irregular. It's one of the reasons she's probably best suited as a long term love interest if he ever has one.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Seems like Karaka is going to be the latest addition to Baam's harem.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Is Tower of God an Isekai?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

You get whisked away to another world, but that world is actually just the center of the world you were already in.

It's more just your generic prophesied monomyth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Also while the concept of slavery exists in this, it's not nearly as problematic as it usually is in such settings. Baam has yet to own a slave to my knowledge.