Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

RBA Starblade posted:

Then your game studio is dead

What if you're a karate kop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Unlocked Blitzkrieg in Into the Breach over the weekend. They seem like a whole level of strategy that is going to take me a while to wrap my head around. I lobbed a boulder at a Vek using them last night, thinking I was making a good move. What I didn't realize is that boulder had just completed a circuit, and electrocuting one enemy now would involve also electrocuting everything else on the map, including the rest of my squad.

Game is real good. Wish there were a little bit more content though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey just a reminder put your switch in airplane mode today.

It's Reggie Fils-aime's last day and I heard he's going to try and upload his consiousness to everyone's Nintendo Switch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It's Reggie Fils-aime's last day and I heard he's going to try and upload his consiousness to everyone's Nintendo Switch

I will never not allow that to happen. i'll set up a backup wifi network to make sure it happens.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RBA Starblade posted:

I know, but I really wanted season 4. :(

Eh, season 3 seemed like a good place to leave it off. Though who knows when we might see em again. Steve Purcell works for Pixar now oddly enough, but has ruled out having Sam and Max show up in a Pixar joint. (not really fitting their whole style and all)

Would be extremely unlikely but loving hilarious for them to be in Smash Bros.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

How is inverted gyro still not available in any first party Nintendo games? There has to be at least four other people that want it.

Nintendo doesn't cater to freaks

DanZX
May 5, 2015

The best Switch update

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
I finally picked up Diablo 3 after seeing it was on sale, despite not really having had the motivation to play the PC version with any regularity in the past, like, 4 years. And now here I am at work, daydreaming about getting home and playing a 7 year old game I've already played to death, almost entirely because it's on a handheld.

Magic game. Magic system.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Unrelatedly, there aren't a whole lot of switch exclusives are there?

I can't play my PS4 on the kitchen table or in bed or upside down on the couch or on an airplane or in a hotel so as far as I'm concerned everything is a Switch exclusive.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

How is inverted gyro still not available in any first party Nintendo games? There has to be at least four other people that want it.

Nobody wants that, not a single person. You think you want it, and since you can't have it you've built it up as some important thing that would be amazing if only you could try it but if you actually had it in front of you it would make you vomit.

Just like the McRib

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

RBA Starblade posted:

Unrelatedly, there aren't a whole lot of switch exclusives are there?

Do WiiU ports count? As a WiiU owner, I say yes.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

RandomFerret posted:

Nobody wants that, not a single person. You think you want it, and since you can't have it you've built it up as some important thing that would be amazing if only you could try it but if you actually had it in front of you it would make you vomit.

Just like the McRib

I love gyro aiming and use it in any game that has it, but it definitely takes me a few minutes to adjust to the aiming being backwards every time I sit down for a play session.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

irlZaphod posted:

you deserve game breaking bugs if you buy a game in which you're a cop

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Just unlocked the Zoltan crew member in Into the Breach, which was a pleasant surprise as one thing I thought it was missing compared with FTL were the random encounters landing flavour to the world. I guess it works within it's own parameters very well though

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ItBreathes posted:

Do WiiU ports count? As a WiiU owner, I say yes.

As a Non-WiiU owner, I'll allow it!

If I had to get one btw would Hyrule Warriors or Fire Emblem Warriors be a better buy

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I love gyro aiming and use it in any game that has it, but it definitely takes me a few minutes to adjust to the aiming being backwards every time I sit down for a play session.

Then let this be the thing that finally cures you of your deviant inverted ways

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hyrule is better at fanservice with a better variety of characters.

Fire Emblem is better at the other kind of fanservice

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Fire Emblem warriors sounds like it would be great on paper, but they made some weird decisions that kind of kneecapped it. Being able to switch between, and order around multiple characters was cool, and theoretically the weapon triangle could have translated well. It's issues have been talked to death, but I still think a sequel could fix most of them pretty easily just because they can diversify with the first game's roster to build off of.

edit: In short, yeah Hyrule Warriors is a better game

edit: Hyrule warriors has issues too, btw. After the first few times the giant boss monsters can range from tedious to infuriating.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 15, 2019

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

Unlocked Blitzkrieg in Into the Breach over the weekend. They seem like a whole level of strategy that is going to take me a while to wrap my head around. I lobbed a boulder at a Vek using them last night, thinking I was making a good move. What I didn't realize is that boulder had just completed a circuit, and electrocuting one enemy now would involve also electrocuting everything else on the map, including the rest of my squad.

Game is real good. Wish there were a little bit more content though.

Yes! Blitz is one of my favorites but unfortunately scales extremely poorly into endgame. They're one of the teams you wanna go for 2 island wins with unless you wanna challenge yourself.

I really like how their playstyle feels like you're thinking 5 moves in advance

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yikes. I guess I'm doubling down on Zelda!

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Picked up Count Lucanor from the euro sales. It's really fun little game for the 3,5€ it costs, though the regular price of 15€ is way too steep.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I would be honored to carry around my digital dad

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fire Emblem Warriors fixes problems with Hyrule Warriors, then introduces new ones

Hyrule is like, 5 expansion packs worth of content - the original game is from 2014 and they kept releasing DLC for it and the switch version comes with all of it plus some more

More importantly the Switch version balances it for like, all levels of play. The original one was like 90% endgame level stuff

I'm also guessing your nostalgia for Zelda sound effects and music and 2d art is much stronger than your nostalgia for the 3DS Fire Emblem Games

Hyrule Warriors is a pretty cool game even if you don't like Warriors games. Also it's always fun for multiplayer

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Yikes. I guess I'm doubling down on Zelda!

To be clear, Fire Emblem Warriors isn't exactly bad... it's just that there's loads of variety in different sword styles, even some for axes... but the only lance moveset is one shared by two pegasus knights in the vanilla game. Pegasus knights, if you know anything about Fire Emblem, are weak against archers. There's a couple other lance users in the dlc, but... you know, it's dlc. Just a boring, badly balanced roster. It's still kind of disappointing to me. :saddowns:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I'm not seeing the downside to this

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

ColdPie posted:

I can't play my PS4 on the kitchen table or in bed or upside down on the couch or on an airplane or in a hotel so as far as I'm concerned everything is a Switch exclusive.

Get a vita and you can play your ps4 games in all those places! Except the airplane

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Get a vita and you can play your ps4 games in all those places! Except the airplane

I’ve tried this in almost every room in the house and boy howdy it doesn’t work worth a poo poo. Even standing in front of the PS4.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am watching Tim Rogers (PBUH) translation videos on FFVII, and now I kind of want to play it. Is it OK on switch?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The switch port is an improvement on the original in every way, except for the fact that playing in 1080p highlights how low res the backgrounds are.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm also guessing your nostalgia for Zelda sound effects and music and 2d art is much stronger than your nostalgia for the 3DS Fire Emblem Games

I really miss the spritework from the GBA Fire Emblems, of which there seems to be one character from in Warriors.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

I really miss the spritework from the GBA Fire Emblems, of which there seems to be one character from in Warriors.

There's more than one with the dlc but the cast is mostly the two 3ds titles

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fire Emblem Warriors has like 5 characters (a lot of copy paste happens) and is boring as poo poo. Super phoned in video game right there.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I am watching Tim Rogers (PBUH) translation videos on FFVII, and now I kind of want to play it. Is it OK on switch?

The most I've ever played a Final Fantasy game was the 6 hours or so I put into FFVII over the last couple of weeks before hitting my usual "oh right, I don't like 95% of JRPGs enough to hold my attention more than 6 hours or so" threshold. If it weren't for the easy-to-enable 3x speed and no-encounters cheats I probably wouldn't have made it more than 2 or 3 hours before it lost my attention, so... seems like it's all right on Switch? It runs fine but, to echo RandomFerret, the combination of incredibly low-poly character models plus blurry background images makes it painfully clear that absolutely nothing has been done to clean up these assets over the years.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Aiming backwards? What? With Gyro aiming you just point the switch where you want to aim.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It's insane that this console has been out for over 2 years and there's still only one mainline Zelda game I can play on it.

I guess a couple more if you count NES titles.

A port of Link Between Worlds should've happened forever ago.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

A port of Link Between Worlds should've happened forever ago.

go play it on a 3ds

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

PantsBandit posted:

It's insane that this console has been out for over 2 years and there's still only one mainline Zelda game I can play on it.

I mean, main console wise, there have been three zelda games in 13 years.

Unless you are pining for remakes and HD versions, which you might be (I am too!)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I want a game that takes place like a month after Calamity Ganon fucks everything over and you have to play as a survivor trying to keep a town together and it gets more ridiculous and insane and becomes obvious further into the game that none of it ever happened and is just some talltale bullshit

The Legend of Groose

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Groose is calamity ganon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

If you really want to play FF7 but can deal with the low res backgrounds, you can get the steam version and, with a good bit of finangling, mod in machine-learning upscaled versions of the backgrounds. It's not as good as having the original renders, but it's not 320x240 either, while still being the intended art, more or less. The characters are still low poly but eh, it's part of the charm. I think you can mod in higher poly models too, but then you get into the issue of clashing art direction.